Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Your Connection Has Been Interrupted"

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by MrBill, Mar 15, 2008. | Replies: 28 | Views: 10144

1. MrBill

MrBill IncGamers Member

"Your Connection Has Been Interrupted"

Have any of the rest of you been getting this stupid "Your Connection Has Been Interrupted" message for Battle.Net sessions lately?

My Level 90 Trapper got kicked out of one (private, but on Bnet) session no less than 5 times, tonight, with this error message. What's maddening about it is that although it was (so we were told) supposed to have been one of Blizzard's customarily clumsy patches to try to stop a well-known item duping cheat, tonight it seemed to be triggering randomly no matter how many traps or Death Sentry explosions were going off... I tried going down to only one (1) DS and it still kicked me out of the game! :rant:

This is really starting to suck because if it turns out to be a long term trend you can just about kiss Trapper Assassins goodbye as a worthwhile character class... I mean, if they can't use their most powerful attack without being arbitrarily dropped from a game because Blizzard is too lazy to patch Diablo properly to stop duping, then what's the point of playing this type of character at all.

Oh yeah, and my Shadow Master randomly disappears, whether or not I keep her within eyesight.

I am getting really sick of these unfixed bugs in Diablo, and please no "well what did you expect from a 7 year old game" comments. Blizzard is still selling and making plenty of money off of D2 -- $40 to $50 per "Value Pack" where I live -- so they have an obligation to fix bugs that ruin the game's ability to be played the way it is described.

Oh, yeah, and then there's TPPK... :angry:

GRRRRRR

Mr_Bill
  2. prion

prion IncGamers Member

Re: "Your Connection Has Been Interrupted"

goes thru phases i think

I have always beleived that they screw with the code and the settings when they get bored
  3. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

No drops here with torch fire, Frozen Orb, Fireball, Meteor, Lightning Fury with tons of stuff on the screen, etc etc.

Not sure what the deal is with DS.

If all else fails, there's always the option of smashing your face through your monitor. I've tried a few times.
  4. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

East was a bit flakey for me tonight also. How much mindblasting was going on? I've noticed that spaming MB with traps (along with your shadow doing the same) will get me CI'd frequently.

edit: Also, if you get CI'd once, it seems to happen more often afterwards, like you are being targeted. Well, it seems like you are targeted. ;)
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  5. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Yea, probably happened once and then the server tracks you.

We used to have it happen in baals when 6 torches and LF's would go off at once along with blizz and necro minions etc. Then in the subsequent runs, we'd take our torches off and still sometimes get dropped from the smallest things
  6. MrBill

MrBill IncGamers Member

Is there ANY way to stop this nonsense? This morning I was trying to do a run, all I did was try to throw ONE (1) Fade WHILE STILL IN THE ROGUE ENCAMPMENT and it automatically dumped me from the game with this same stupid error message.

Is this kind of pointless harassment based on your IP address (which unfortunately I can't easily change), some kind of time period between log-ons or something else? Or can I try a different character maybe?

The game is now completely unplayable with my Trapper. Thanks a LOT, you idiots at Blizzard. I'm about this far from dumping Diablo once and for all, due to your totally incompetent management of your network.

In 99.999% frustration

Mr_Bill
  7. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

I think it's personal. I was levelling with some a group recently and I was getting dropped every 2 or 3 games. I wasn't doing anything that could causer this. I was just standing there, leeching experience.

I do make a point of telling Blizzard when I think that they suck, in no mild terms. Maybe they flag accounts for 'special treatment'. Probably not, as that would involve actually doing something. I am a little luckier than you, as I have a dynamic IP address and a reconnect does the trick. Still annoying though.

I feel your pain

DelBoy
  8. jasonmazzy

jasonmazzy IncGamers Member

I have been getting that and login bugs much more frequently last 2 weeks. 1 day was almost maddening enough to smash comp.
  9. larzuk

larzuk IncGamers Member

Me too!!!! I hate those! It seems like it happens within an hour very frequently. I have been playing a strafazon recently in private games (nobody else there), but I don't know what it is that does it, seems totally random, and I don't use any hacks or anything. It just happened again, so I googled it and this forum was the first result.

WHY!?!?!?!?!
  10. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

Lol ressed a 2 year old thread! woo!
  11. NorthViking

NorthViking IncGamers Member

Happens several times, even when just playing a private solo game. It seems to be random dcs.

Problem is that the server doesn't save when it happen, sometimes it rolls back several minutes and you lose all the items you got.
  12. MrKaxe

MrKaxe IncGamers Site Pal

Every Monday in KTA we experience one, sometimes two of these, I hope it's sorted before Tuesday...

13. StrikexForce

StrikexForce IncGamers Member

This has been actually happening to me a lot lately.
  14. NorthViking

I don't remember this happening some years ago, it's odd and hopefully sorted on Tuesday yeah.

15. MrBill

MrBill IncGamers Member

Update to my earlier post under "Realm Instability?" :

Luckily my Sorceress survived that one. I was worried because I lost a Level 79 Necro in exactly this manner (e.g. game hangs, S&E, black screen, by the time you can log back in there's a ghost where your poor character used to be), in Ladder Season 1.

Although I lost all the stuff that she had on the ground at the time due to the rollback, I had carefully stashed away the two nice orbs that she had found on this trip : one is "+3 to Cold Skills, +2 to Blizzard" and the other is "+3 to Fire Skills, +1 to Fire Mastery". Go go respecs! ;)

Well, I guess "Hanna_Banana" (that's the name of the Sorceress) is looking forward to a sedate life of being put out to pasture as a mule, in a few days.

All's well that ends well

Mr. Bill
  16. MT Adam

MT Adam IncGamers Member

it has alwas been like this, i cant understund why Blizzard wont/cant fix this!? it happend over 5 times in 2h today... thats REALY bad of Blizzard that they dont care.

have anyone here contacted them, or know something more about this problem?
  17. NoisemakerArrow

NoisemakerArrow IncGamers Member

They want you to quit and play WOW or D3, and they wonder why you people are so slow and can't take a hint already.
  18. NDIII

NDIII IncGamers Member

The amount of lag, CIs, and random temp bans we all had the first few days of ladder has been fixed. It was some massive idiot-attack of people rerolling the realms through some chat exploit, to get perfect rolls on their runewords.

I started/played WoW for half the time that the d2 patch was scheduled to arrive "soon" but have cancellled my subscription as of d2 reset and don't see a reason to go back to it at this time.

By the way, WoW is a really fun game too - imo - for its own merits. Totally worth the $15 a month and not the abominable milking cow of Blizzard that some of the more vocal d2 fans would like you to believe oO..

19. NorthViking

I don't get why they don't fix the join bug, if you get dc you have to wait around 5 minutes before you can join or create a game with that char.
  20. NoisemakerArrow

NoisemakerArrow IncGamers Member

I stand by what I said.