Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Yet another epic Blizz fail!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by RiddleOfSteel, Apr 28, 2012. | Replies: 41 | Views: 35606

1. RiddleOfSteel

RiddleOfSteel IncGamers Member

Yet another epic Blizz fail!

So the suckers on the East coast who shelled out up to 100 bucks for this lamefest of FAIL of game are going to be RAGING when they go to their midnight launch, grab their pre-ordered copy from the gamestop geek and rush home to install just to find out that they have to wait until 3 am to play! Ha ha ha! Classic Blizzard! Always putting their own interests and needs ahead of their customers.

This will go down as the worst game launch in history. You watch.
  2. Ganoidyn

Ganoidyn IncGamers Member

Re: Yet another epic Blizz fail!

Riddle of Steel's avatar looks like an awesome mustache devouring a malformed nose.

Last night I mixed two satchets of 3-in-1 coffee in a single mug. It didn't taste any different. This is where I anticipate other people putting up the "so hardcore" gif, which I sort of deserve.

My cousin's getting married on the DIII launch day! The wedding was planned before the release date was announced, of course. I'll be banqueting happily back in my backwater ancestral hometown, where there is only one restaurant that anybody ever has wedding banquets at. It's the sort of town where you can catch a fish in the morning, kick open the door and hold it up by its tail and say "COOK THIS" and the kitchenstaff will do just that. By the time I get home and get online, it will be more than 12 hours after the servers open, and to be honest I will probably get some sleep first. Maybe that will save me from the rush-hour traffic? heheheh.

Before you reply to this thread, especially if you disagree with the OP, remember this: There are people out there who identify strongly as right-wingers, who vote conservative, who tell the nuns to care less about the poor and more about condemning the homosexuals. These people will always feel what they want to feel, no matter what the news is. Facts will not convince them, truth will not set them free. In their minds, they are right, and they will close-mindedly ignore all alternative opinions. Although most gamers are more left-leaning and liberal and intellectual, remember that some of us have Opinions that we will Never Change. Before you castigate Riddle of Steel, or mock him with things like "See you at launch day" and "Yeah, three hours, I've been waiting so long, like I care about three hours" or even say something like "don't feed the trolls" - just remember, he's a person too! And although he is being brutish with his opinions, let him be. Just remember: A significant portion of Americans still believe that there were WMDs found in Iraq after all; they also think that Obama is making death panels to decide whether your grandma gets health insurance. At least Riddle of Steel won't be able to vote for Rick Santorum! Take heart, his anger will only affect your enjoyment of the game if you get caught up in it too.

There's a Chinese saying: 退一步,海阔天空。(literal trans: take a step back; the sea broadens and the sky is open). It means why get pissed off at a post like this, and respond with varying degrees of outrage and sarcasm? Life is so much fuller than this, and not worth wasting on anger on Someone Who Is Wrong On The Internet.

Last week I interviewed a German expatriate (who is looking forward to playing Diablo III). We talked about fishing in the canals, and how more and more he is catching foreign invasive species, which would be highly unusual back in Europe where the fish you caught in the drains would be the exact same fish your grandfather caught back in his day.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  3. Andy2702

Andy2702 IncGamers Member

Dude, that's actually an advantage. You get to PREINSTALL, and play the SECOND servers go live. That's 20 minutes ahead of West Coast people. I wish I lived in the East now...
  4. YOUR

YOUR IncGamers Member

I really wish the downvote button would return AND also would get implemented in the forums...

Commenting any more on this topic is a waste of time

View attachment 1511
  5. prodiii

prodiii IncGamers Member

sounds like some kiddie...
    i preordered CE and will have to wait till 16th or 17th to play and you cry about having the game 3 hours BEFORE launch ? idiot.
  6. a black kid

a black kid IncGamers Member

seriously... this is an ARPG, not an MMO, who cares if you start playing slightly later, unless you are going for literally world firsts (sorry, theres someone way more hardcore out there) then it just does not matter.
  7. StarMage

StarMage IncGamers Member

"Always putting their own interests and needs ahead of their customers. "

I have enjoyed all Blizzard games I've played so whatever they're doing, they're doing it right!

EDIT: blackid, wow... a fellow poster who's been here longer than I have (by a month, but still...) haha!
  8. MrFrye

MrFrye IncGamers Member

Because OBVIOUSLY it's Blizzard's fault that the Earth is round and East Coast time is 3 hours behind California time.
  9. starrise

starrise IncGamers Member

OK.

/tenchars

10. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Yea...how dare you, blizzard.

How dare you!

11. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

If you're going to make a complaint post like that, you might as well at least show us you care by posting an appropriate thread title that actually says something about the content of the thread (rather than "hey I'm another troll poster").
  12. Panopticon

Panopticon IncGamers Member

How big of a nerd do you really have to be to give two #&$@@ about this.... REALLY?!
  13. KrullKitty

KrullKitty IncGamers Member

The OP fails to realize that it's all about timing and planning ahead! I for one think having 3 hours pre-server launch time to be a great advantage! I can stop for a snack at a local eatery after picking up my boxed copy, grab some snacks from the grocery store and head home to install and wait for the servers to go live.

Not to mention that I will be sleeping most of the day away in order to be ready to rock and roll once the servers go live.

I will no doubt reach normal level 20 by the end of the next day and continue on a 24 hour marathon of playing while I enjoy
    my chocolate milk, subway subs, doughnuts and coffee!

WW Barbs unite!
  14. unmoses

unmoses IncGamers Member

15. bazinga

bazinga IncGamers Member

I actually kind of happy that it doesn't come up until 3AM, I would've attended my first midnight release if the servers gone live at the same time. I'm not totally desperate to stay up and wait 3 hours to play it, so I'd be getting a whole nights sleep. If it were a midnight release I would just play it as soon as I get home and most likely not even bother going to sleep.
  16. arcanedreams

arcanedreams IncGamers Member

OP, east coasters like me get the game earlier than west coast, so we have a chance to install, download the patch, and get our beers and pizza ready, say goodnight to the g/f or wife, get some nice relaxing clothes on, review our builds in anticipation, and then click login at 12:00:01 when the servers go live..while the west coasters see only a install screen..not only that but if they got a physical copy they won't even get home until after the servers launch from the wait in line and the drive home.

I'm happy i'm east coast. :D
  17. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

You can't fight irrational thinking with rational thoughts.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  18. Srikandi

Srikandi IncGamers Member

Ganoidyn, your post is among the best I have ever read. Thanks for the smile :)

19. Grayson Carlyle

Grayson Carlyle IncGamers Member

Aye, Ganoidyn, I just had to post to say that your post was epic. Thank you!
  20. ThomasJ

ThomasJ IncGamers Member

I wake up early in the am anyway, no big deal.