Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WW Assassin

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Nightfish, May 8, 2005. | Replies: 61 | Views: 2452

1. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

WW Assassin

Hey folks, I'd like some input on my upcoming WW assassin. I already read the guide in the compendium but didn't like it for several reasons. Anyway:

Since I have no claw yet, what would be the best one to hunt for? Scissors Suwwayah, I presume? Also, what skills can this get? (thrugg, RTB, anyone?) And what skills would be useful for this sin. I think I'll use 2 bartucs on switch for prebuffs so maybe weapon block? (if this can spawn on high end claws, and if this even works for WW).

What else? Oh yeah, what would you use offhand? High runewords are out of the picture since all I have is 4 guls (to make the Ohm) and a mal.

Gearwise I think I'll focus on crushing blow and deadly strike with a tiny bit of open wounds maybe. Also angelic stuff for AR. Possibly good old demon limb.

For skills I think I'll go with claw mastery, cloak of shadows and probably fade? BoS won't be much use for WW, right? Possibly 20 points in death sentry for huge CE, I know that works nicely. Guess I'll max venom too, while I'm at it. Not sure shadowmaster will be very useful. Remembering my WW barb, the merc he had never helped me tank much since I was going through monsters anyway. Yeah, I guess this one will forgo shadowmaster for once.

Well, share some thoughts. (other than "don't waste ohm on Chaos", thanks ;))
  2. Immortal_Slayer

Immortal_Slayer IncGamers Member

Errr you could try the very cheap malice runeword for the 100% OW..And maybe you could get a few points in Blade shield to maximise your whirling status. IF you did happen to find a jah rune :D make the runeword 'Fury'...Or you could juse use an upped or normal bartucs or a shadowkiller (freeze target wouold be very funnny to use)...

-Slayer
  3. corax

corax IncGamers Member

don't waste Ohm on chaos. :D

IIRC Runic talons were supposed to be the best ones to get hold of.
    jade talon would be good for res on the offhand. although i'd go with a shadowkiller battle cestus.

for claw mods you'll want to find something you'll use while WW'ing(not pre-buffable) so claw mastery, weapon block and the like.

make sure to get venom. it pwns
  4. necrolemming

necrolemming IncGamers Member

Suwayyah and Scissors Suwayyah are the highest avg dmg claws that can support Chaos. Both have same avg dmg IIRC, but the Suwayyah has lower reqs and is easier to find and the Sci Suwayyah looks l33ter. Other elite claws are same speed and less dmg.

Offhand claw - try go for something with mondo damage. Waimea found a h4x self-repair 350%+ ed eth blade talons that he upgraded. Something like that would be sweet. Malice would work too.
    Edit: Nubrax has good advice in recommending Jades. Res all is l33t, and +skills is a nice addition.

Staffmods - basically any skills are available. +WB is important. +DS and +Bshield would also be useful.
    Edit: Don't look for +CM, it's nearly impossible IIRC.

I still advise SM, just because it's another target. Unlike the whirlybarb, whirlysins can't kill crap in PvM from what I've heard. Any help helps here.

You could invest 2ndary points after maxing Venom and CM into FB for more DS shots and LS for a lightning backup.
  5. Snuva

Snuva IncGamers Member

Is this going to be hardcore?

Snuva
  6. corax

corax IncGamers Member

yes. yes it is
  7. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Well, Scissors Suwayyah and Suwayyah have the highest average damage of all claws (except War Fist but it can get 2 sockets only and it isn't fast enough for last WW bp). I would choose Suwayyah for 2 reasons: it is easier to find and it has lower stst & lvl requirements. Scissors Suwayyah has higher durability though. Some people use Runic Talon/Feral Claw for faster trap laying. As for skills, at least WB, DS and MB are nice ones. Are you sure you want to make it in a claw with +skills? Repairing it will propably cost a whole lot and I would hate to repair it in the cube all the time. At least avoid making it in a superior claw, the few more points of extra damage are not worth the trouble in my opinion

Bartuc's is of course nice off-hand claw. Jade Talon has many nice mods but IIRC it is not fast enough for last WW breakpoint, even if you socket Shael in it. Venom runeword has ITD and PMH but I don't believe it would be worth the runes. You might have some fast rare claws with high damage in your stash for this purpose

For WW sin, Fade > BoS. Moving slower in WW will result in more hits and the increased IAS doesn't help WW at all (you know, only WIAS matters)

I would forget SM as well
  8. Nightfish

Thanks for the replies so far people. ;)

Regarding Open Wounds: That's one of the reason why I didn't like the guide in the compendium. It's not all that well thought through. There is absolutely no reason to have that much OW, unless it's a by product of other gear. Reason being that once OW takes effect triggering it again does nothing. Since you'll be hitting stuff quite frequently you'll have a lot of triggering events that essentially do nothing. Therefore I'll be aiming for a low amount of OW, possibly just what gore riders provide.

I think I'll need to compare upgraded 'tucs to my shadow killers to see which pwns more. :) Maybe it's time to use them Pul Runes Velvet found.

Hm, we'll see if my 'sin won't be able to kill crap. :D I certainly won't be relying on SM to do my killing, I know how long that takes.

And yes, this is going to be hardcore fo shizzle. :lol:

Lpr: I don't really mind repairing in the cube so I'll just take the best claw I can find. :) Well, the first one with decent skills, actually. Checking my stash for good rare claws is a very good idea, too. I completely forgot that I stash almost every half decent rare item. ^_^ As for the +skills. Ya, I think I'll want some, but not traps. I'll have 2 bartuc's on switch for trapping.
  9. corax

corax IncGamers Member

a perf upgraded bartucs would do ~214 av dmg. far above shadow killer.
    unless im wrong. which i could be. bartucs also has generally better mods. although the +mana after kill on shadows could be handy.
    the freeze target on shadows could remove too many corpses to make death sentry too helpful.
  10. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Upped Bartuc's is a waste.

Do the damage calculations yourself.

Trust me.

Big waste of runes.

Go with some leet rare or as said before, Shadowkiller.

Non-Upped Bartuc's are leet as well. AR, +20 Str/Dex, Leech. GG indeed.
  11. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

but WW sin doesn't get much life like barb, SM is still useful as a "meat sheild".
  12. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Isn't merc + CoS + MB enouhg? :scratch:
  13. Nightfish

Ya, thought the upgrade might not be worth it. Just looking for something to use my 3 puls on. >_<

Deathmaster: Problem is that when whirlwinding I can't hide behind my merc. Stuff will attack me no matter what. So I think I'll better put those 20 points into something else on this build.

And of course CoS is probably more crowd control than I'll ever need, as my recent guardians taught me. :D
  14. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

WW breakpoints for assassins are lower than WW breakpoints for barbs. I don't remember the exact numbers, but a WW sin hits 4 fpa with a weapon speed of -15 or so, while the barb needs -35 for one handed and -60 for two handed.
  15. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Really? I must admit im lost with IAS breakpoints for WW sins, zeal enchantresses anc such

If that is true, then Jade Talon is very good off-hand claw
  16. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

So... you can have one of these claws if you like:

Runic Talons
    Socketed (3: 0 used)

Scissors Katar

Feral Claws
    +1 to Dragon Flight (Assassin Only)

Runic Talons
    +1 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)

Runic Talons
    +1 to Mind Blast (Assassin Only)
    +2 to Dragon Flight (Assassin Only)
    +1 to Dragon Tail (Assassin Only)
    Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 0 used)

Feral Claws
    +1 to Dragon Flight (Assassin Only)
    +2 to Death Sentry (Assassin Only)
    +2 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)

Superior Runic Talons
    +2 to Attack Rating
    +2 to Mind Blast (Assassin Only)
    +3 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)

Also, getting a malice claw would be usefull, a WWsin won't do the damage a WW barb will do, her damage will rather come from CB, OW, Venom stuff like that. Also, the lifedrain on malice can easily be counter with angelics. Getting a claw with DF on it just saves you four points.. as like you get one with blade shield...
  17. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

The assassin forum lists the BP for 4 fpa at -13 weapon speed, which is pretty easy to get. If it were -35 like it is for barbs, there wouldn't be many options for an off hand claw (bartuc's, chaos, fury, rares with ias).
  18. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I never managed to find those bp's from assy forum...me and my uber searching skills :lol:

That is a very nice thing though, more flexibility while choosing gear
  19. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Instead of dual-Bartus, get 2 +3 shadow disciplines on switch to prebuff your shadow master/fade/venom if you're going pure WW.

I think bartus is a very good off hand claw.
  20. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

Against ActBosses MB won't help, CoS will only lower defense and a Warrior or Master could help the Merc (and his aura) live longer or at least take some heat off the player. It's also nice to have Hell Ancients focus on someone other than you and your Merc sometimes. Even a 1pt ShadowWarrior could be used as a decoy, distraction or scout and I personally don't mind more options.

But I'm sure Fish, being an experienced player, can go without one if he wants

20DeathSentry
    20Fade
    20Venom
    20ClawMastery
    +WeaponBlock
    +CoS
    +MB

or wants BladeShield/DragonFlight for style points.