Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Woman is kept alive to save unborn baby

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Amra, Jun 16, 2005. | Replies: 63 | Views: 2227

1. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Woman is kept alive to save unborn baby

There is a lot to think about here.

What do you think you would do if you were the husband?

Link
  2. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead IncGamers Member

Sounds reasonable if he lets her go peacefully after delivery.
  3. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

I couldn't finish reading that article because I really don't want to start tearing up at work, but my god that hurts my heart to read. I think he's doing the absolute right thing, keeping her alive long enough to deliver the baby. I hope she makes it long enough to deliver their child and that can live on in spirit whereever she goes knowing that she left her legacy in that child. I also hope that the father does not insist on keeping the mother "alive" once the child is safely delivered--from what I read it does not sound like he will.
  4. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Dear god, what a tragic tragic thing to happen. I feel so sorry for the husband. I guess this way, he's just trying to preserve the last iota of his wife's memories and trying to get something good out of this horrible ordeal. I totally agree with his decision, and I'd imagine any mother out there would fully support him as well.
  5. axeil

axeil IncGamers Member

No moral qualms here. Horrible tragedy though. I really feel bad for the 2 year old since he's not going to understand what happened.
  6. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

damn. thats a sad story. :( i can't say what is better for him to do since i haven't been in such a situation and i hope i never get to the point where i have to make such decision.
  7. Steel_Avatar

Steel_Avatar IncGamers Member

Well, he plans to take her off life support once the child is born. What makes her and Schiavo different? Where's the moral outrage?
  8. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

you won't catch any outrage from me. I'm sure she would rather he not blow all his money on her after she's gone. hopefully the baby will make it and his neighbors will give him a hand.
  9. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Will nations pray, will people cry for him....only if the media wants it obviously. I'd send him money to pay the bills if there was some sort of relief for him and his family. But will there be?
    This was one ofthe points I was making when I hear people like Schiavo getting WORLDWIDE attention..yet these people will proably fade away like a common cold.

I will be thinking about these people FAR more than any Schiavo case. This is a tradegy..this involves several lives that will be altered for the rest of their lives. 1 case, deserves as much as the other....I want everything to give to these people...and the next ones, and you..and him. Comon media..lets make it happen.
  10. axeil

axeil IncGamers Member

Amen to that. We need to hear more stories like this and less of this hyper-politicized **** these days.
  11. Steel_Avatar

Steel_Avatar IncGamers Member

That's what I was driving at. The situations are nearly identical, except that this woman has a fetus in her womb. So suddenly it's okay to pull the plug?
  12. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

I hear ya 100%.

I know these people seem pretty relgious, and probably dont want media coverage...I understand completely. But I (me), EXPECT the media to follow up, make concern..help in anyway by showing this suffering, and maybe it could lead to some help from the rest ofthe world. But wait..they have a good family standing..no fighting amungst her survival..media wont touch it, becasue its got no dirt.
    I dont want to make this thread about flameing media...but for some reason I just feel pissed off at them right now...guess its becasue I know 3 weeks from now..I wont be able to find out what ever happend to these folks..if the baby will survive..nothing.

I hope all goes well...in any way it could be for them.
  13. Crispyknight

Crispyknight IncGamers Member

I think the difference is that even after the autopsy, Schivo's brain injury remained a mystery. They still dont know what caused it, and her parents therefore could still hold irrational hope of recovery.

This woman is unquestionably dead. Even the most optimistic crazies can't possibly believe that this woman will recover.
  14. myleftfoot

myleftfoot IncGamers Member

Not alot for me to think about. Have the baby, shut her off or just shut her off now. hmmm....
  15. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

True, they didn't know what caused it, but they did determine that the damage was so extensive as to be irreversible. The parents are refusing to believe that. I guess irrational is the best word for it.

At any rate, this looks like its a local case (for Amra and I) as its in Arlington, so I'll do what I can to keep tabs on what happens if anyone wants updates.
  16. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

I'm guessing Torres isn't a pretty, white woman. No outrage needed in that case.
  17. Madness

Madness IncGamers Member

Eh? Schiavo was pretty?
  18. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

19. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

I don't think that was it with terry, everyone was in a tizzy about that because of what the parent's did and said.
  20. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

After seeing DC's link, I am outraged! She must be kept alive. The United States has always supported a culture of life. The family's wants are not as important as votes in the midterm elections.

I really tried, but I still can't care.