Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wolfy Failure or just me?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by omnicognisant, Oct 16, 2007. | Replies: 15 | Views: 1899

1. omnicognisant

omnicognisant IncGamers Member

Wolfy Failure or just me?

Hi All,

I used a build guide to get my wolfy up and goin but here I am at lvl 80 and I am struggling something bad. Can you guys tell me where I screwed the pooch please (pun intended). Or if I am not playing the dude correctly. I get owned by everything in hell.

Still looking for runewords for CTA which I know I need

I have the following gear.

Ribby eth with Zod 208 damage (switch is Athena's with shael + 3 skills)
    COH 971 def
    Jalal 287
    Highlords
    2 x ravenfrost 244 AR
    Verdungoes 147 def
    Draculs 139 def
    goreriders. 162 def.

I carry torch from my windy (lvl 89 and cranks)
    Anni from windy
    1 skiller
    SC (QTY) adding 67 to AR
    SC (QTY) adding 300 poison and a mix of life (40) strength 6
    +15 all res large charm
    +10% cold resist sc
    + fire res SC 8

I am carrying pretty much what I have found around the place and traded for.

My stats are;

St 168 (just enough to carry the gear in hard points)
    Dex 155
    Vit 381 all went in here
    En 71

Resistances are

F 67
    C 75
    L 75
    P 71

Other stats are
    Fury 777-2334
    Feral rage 522-2258
    AR Fury 12244
    AR FR 10861
    Def 3748
    Sta 794
    Life 2885
    Mana 360

I maxed Lycan, werewolf, fury with 1 hard point in feral rage, leaving me with a lvl 32 for maxed skills.

1 point in carrion vine, raven and spirit wolf all others into oak sage (lvl 29).

So what do you think, why is he so bloody ordinary?
  2. nex

nex IncGamers Member

That's really low dmg for eth Ribby. You haven't upgraded it?

3. omnicognisant

It is one area of the game I just havent been able to get working, dont know why. I have tried several times but must have the formula wrong.

Dont supose I can do it now after it has been socketed with Zod?
  4. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

Socket or not, doesn't matter.
    You are using right runes and you use ladder char?
    ---
    1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon (Single Player, Ladder Only)
    This formula changes the base item type from the exceptional to elite version. For example a Cleaver is turned into a Small Crescent. This does NOT convert the item to the Elite Unique version of the Exceptional Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. You cannot do this formula unless you are using a Ladder Character. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain.
    ---

5. omnicognisant

Therein lies the problem, since the restart I am running non ladder I assume that means no upping the ribby.:sad2:

Any sugestions what damage base a good ribby should have?

6. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

The problem is by not upping it and using 'shael' you're not only doing half the damage, ~400 damage range up'd, but half as fast too. If you had up'd you could prolly hit a good 2-4.5k. I don't know what would be a good substitute really... maybe just a good ebotdz, with shield. I dunno
  7. mustermann

mustermann IncGamers Member

*lol* duperune kiddy *lol*

there is NO chara who needs cta. A wolf needs it less than most other classes (though barbs could need it a bit less)

any upped ribby with shael in it is better than yours in that u socketed a ZOD rune...worst use for a zod i can think aboutl.
    Dunno there u play and who cheap hr are but thats just silly.

u get owned? well u cant play my druid worked with worse Equip very well.

edit says no offense dude but such stupid hr use is annoying me
  8. omnicognisant

CTA gives up to 6 BO dosnt it? That has got to help your life and mana, which MUST have a positive effect, perhaps you have a better option for the switch?

The point is as I understand it, I cant up a ribby now I am non ladder since new season.

It is my game to muck up, if I want. I could probably do with more playing skills as you have suggested above, but for now I am still learning. None of my screwups are any skin off your nose so not much purpose in getting annoyed now is there.

We all had to learn at one point dude.

Thanks for the tip about the rune tho, given it was a etheral ribby I found, I thought it was the right thing to do, there ya go I was wrong...no biggie.

Now can anyone tell me what a decent ribby should be rated at? I have a shael rune somewhere or another so if I could get a hint I will go back to MF runs and see if can get lucky twice! Or maybe I can trade for one, you never know....

Thanks dudes!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  9. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

Hey man, it's all g no biggie.

I saw that you have 155 in dexterity, and that practically begs for a shield, might as well get a good 50-60% block & 50% damage reduction while your at it, better survivability too. Then you can ditch a lot of that resist crap in your stash too... pimp out your life and damage :). I think even a better idea than using ribby (and less expensive trying to buy an up'd one) is get a Stormlash (mace) & Stormshield, use one hander. It'll rip ppl to shreds in pvm. Get that before you decide to go cta, it'll be worth your while.
  10. jesterlolz

jesterlolz IncGamers Member

Just so you know, he previously posted that it was an ETH ribby. If he didn't 'zod' it, then the durability would quickly have run out.

He's just looking for help mustermann, settle down.

11. mustermann

mustermann IncGamers Member

WEll i knew that he zodded the eth ribby but u could have socketed it in a non eth as well its the same at the end if ribby is non upped.

He is nonladder, but he could buy an upgraded ribcracker there should be some from the ladder. Better than either buying a zodded eth ribby or putting zod in an etheral one.
    Btw. the difference between eth and noneth upped ribcracker is marginal, though the non upped should be better.

U got 60%ll and 3k life without cta why should u need one?
    It is indeed a good choice but u dont need it.

Ondals staff is good as well and gives a nice amount of life too.

demon limb is good if u lack ar.

the shield with ele damage and a baranars star is a good choice if u want to fight phys immunes that way.

what annoyed me is/was socketing a zod rune (should be rare but well...in nl and especially on the us realms it isnt^^) without reading or even thinking.

Best option if u cant afford an upgraded ribcracker was and still is the ik maul isnt it?
  12. Enigmers

Enigmers IncGamers Member

Sure is. Combined with other IK parts giving great elemental damage, as well as %CB, needing only 15% (or something) IAS to hit the next BP.

13. Darken Wolf

Darken Wolf IncGamers Member

Well he is not bad at all. HE could have some better equipment like an upped riby but still he should still kick butt.
  14. omnicognisant

Ok thanks for your thoughts guys, I have a IK maul laying around somewhere I might give that a go.

Thanks for your comments dudes appreciate your help heaps!
  15. sanguillen

sanguillen IncGamers Member

Hey omni,

If you can get your hands on a Tomb Reaver (with at least 2os), that would significantly help too. Two shaels in it would hit the last breakpoint, I think. Then watch how quick your attack speed is. :shocked:

16. omnicognisant

WOW, what a difference that makes, damage jumped to 6 K and the speed is insane after whacking in the two shaels. He rocks! Add a nagle ring and he has reasonable magic find and with + 50 resistance I have heaps of room for picking up the drops, thanks dude really appreciate the tip! :smiley: