Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wolbarb Question?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by wacktapaz, Sep 19, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 721

1. wacktapaz

wacktapaz IncGamers Member

Hi.

I was planning on making a wolfbarb, but how does Feral rage work if the barb is wielding two weapons at once?
    My plan was to use a shael'd Phaseblade with 100%IAS so as to reach 3fpa speed, togetheer with a rift war scepter.
    Would it be possible to utirlize the speed from one weapon as well as the ctc from the other?

Thanks!
  2. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Feral rage only works with the main hand weapon. Check the weapon speed calculator.
    Your suggestion makes no sense. Use grief pb as mainhand weapon, with either beast ( fanaticism ), lawbringer ( sanctuary ), doom ( holy freeze ) in the offhand. Alternatively go for botd gpa or that sort of thing if you want a two hander.
  3. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Ya, as is always the case when you dual wield and attack with only one weapon, only stuff like stats and auras on your off-hand weapon will have an effect. Weapon WSM (base speed) is averaged though, so if have a PB main-hand and a slower base in the other slot it'll slow you down. Play around with Titanseal's calc and see what you can do :)

*Looks like the fastest you're gonna get Rift to go is 7 fpa if you WSM-bug using a [20] weapon...
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  4. wacktapaz

Thanks for the reply.
    I have checked the speed calc. and acording to that one a 100%IAS phaseblade can reach a 3frame attack speed.
    So what i wanted to know is: if you use the phaseblade as the main weapon for max attack speed, does the chance to cast from rift still go off if you use that in the other hand?
  5. zaphodbrx

No, it won't work. I suggest using frenzy build if you want the ctc from rift ( VoR scourge+ rift war scepter, max frenzy ).
  6. wacktapaz

Too bad, would have been fun...
    Zaphodbrx you suggest using Grief on a wolfbarb, that kind of opens up a new question I need clarified.
    I have read the Zeal-Barb guide which says that the 350-400 dmg from Grief is transfered to the main (active) weapon while Grief is the secondary "non active" weapon.
    Wouldn't it then be possible to still use the 100%IAS PB as main weapon for speed, and still receive the dmg bonus from Grief while griefe was inactive?

Thanks.
  7. zaphodbrx

Nope, it won't work. I don't think the zeal guide would say that either, probably said that passion was in the offhand for +1 zeal while grief was the hitting weapon.