Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wizard Set Gear.

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by GemofIndia, Apr 29, 2012. | Replies: 20 | Views: 14937

1. GemofIndia

GemofIndia IncGamers Member

Wizard Set Gear.

As I'm looking into the gear, I can't take my eyes off from
    Tal Rasha's Set.

BUT Sadly it says LVL 60.
    Will there be any low lvl set Gear ?
    Or what gear will you be using ?
  2. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

Re: Wizard Set Gear.

Supposedly lower level (non-LVL60) Set items will be craftable and will never drop. With the new item database revision I don't know if these are still in the game or not, but I hope they are. The reason they won't drop is because the devs didn't like it, that you almost always over-leveled the low level Sets and by the time you completed them they became obsolete.
  3. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Before Blizzard decided they're "not ready" yet, it seemed like there was a very limited amount of low level sets. After all, it makes little sense to create low-level items that most people will never find before they are way above the level where those items are actually any good. In D2 at least the item level had little to do with how good it was and it was more about the special stats you can get from it that you can't get elsewhere (and even then the good low level set/unique items were often too lacking on the stats), so you found yourself using them even at higher levels. I don't think this was a very good thing, though, so it's good they won't have much uber-rare items for lower levels, and at most just have some sets you can craft that will hopefully be easy enough to be worth getting even if just for your first character. I wouldn't like them to bother too much creating items that will only be use-able by those who make them with a max level character to use on their new characters.

Of course, your question itself has little to do with wizards :)
  4. GemofIndia

so We won't be doing Low LvL PvP ?
  5. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

Tal Rasha, oh how I miss your purplish hues.

This can only be found in Inferno and the drop rate will probably be hideously low.
  6. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

I really hope they use the 1 optional piece system. Full set bonuses one piece short so you can customize your setup. Say you got full set and you get new weapon upgrade. Swap the weapon maintain set bonuses. Get a new helm equip the set weapon again and swap the helm and so forth. Makes the item set system much more dynamic.
  7. Hellpyre

Hellpyre IncGamers Member

I feel like that defeats the purpose of having the set bonus, though.
  8. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

Not really. Sets were kinda worthless in LoD apart from the very special combo of Tal's amulet, chest and belt. WoW nailed the item set idea much better.
  9. GemofIndia

hmmmm It looks to me that everyone is only thinking , what to wear when reaching lvl 60.
    But how about before that. Lvl 1 to Lvl 60 is a very very long way to go. Since we won't have much C. Cutters.
  10. HardRock

With your first character you'll wear whatever you find, while stashing away items for your next chars. Personally I'll be keeping any items that has +XP on it and anything that will help me progress on Nightmare and up.
  11. GemofIndia

Am i right to say there is NO news about Low LvL set gears. ?
  12. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

I think there's actually news against the inclusion of low level set items... but the news is old. Didn't some Blizz rep say a long time ago that they weren't interested in devoting so much time to items that really didn't get used very much in the end (as most D2 set items didn't get used, even by LLDers).

I think the Blizz rep said something to the effect of "before you could finish a low level set of items in D2, you were already too high-level to put them to much use."

13. HardRock

That's why they planned to include low-level Sets exclusively as crafted items. The old item database had low-level Sets, but they've been gone since the items stats were hidden. I wouldn't take that as a sign that they won't be in the game though.
  14. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

There are craftable legendary sets in the official site game guide. No idea what the level for those will be tho.
  15. GemofIndia

So, the D 3 Legendary sets will be like WOW, crafting your own sets? That means the M find % won't be much used also. Since best items will be crafted.

16. HardRock

Only the low-level ones. The level 60 Legendaries and Sets are drops.
  17. Jedouard

Jedouard IncGamers Member

This is why I am going to try to cycle through all 5 classes to level them simultaneously after completing Normal with my favourite first. Then again, maybe I should do my least favourite first, that way I can either associate him with the suckiness of having bad items or the greatness of seeing the content for the first time.

18. cozmiccc

cozmiccc IncGamers Member

There are 39 Legendaries + Sets items that are craftable by Blacksmith, and possibly more we'll find out next Monday...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blacksmith-plan/#type=legendary

Keep in mind that all of these plans are Legendary drop, so finding them in the first place would be a challenge too...
  19. HardRock

I will just go with my favorite first. I want to maximize my enjoyment of the game the first time through. :)

Oh, so the recipes are still visible, only the items were hidden. I didn't notice this. :)

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  20. Wizz

Wizz IncGamers Member

what about the awesome progression of your first created character (you favorite/main). and having it fresh with your favorite.