Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wiz-imation

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Superstate, Mar 25, 2012. | Replies: 2 | Views: 2005

1. Superstate

Superstate IncGamers Member

Wiz-imation

Decided after a bet, a few requests, and discussions with a few good fellas, to start the Wizard version of Decimation I had planned on for quite some time. The time spent is nothing compared to the original, but it comes along nicely due to it being a decent framework in my opinion.

Download link: http://rpg-state.com/Wiz-imation.xlsm

Version 1.1!

- Arcanot
    - Magic Weapon (most runestones I believe.. or some!)
    - Added Arcane Power on Crit; works well on single target, and good at multi-target until crit reaches very high levels and/or a very high number of monsters.
    - Fixed a few of the defensive armor spells (I think)
    - Corrected color schemes for legendary (most important thing ever)

Yeah.. not the best version notes I've done, but this has been in the works for a very long time due to me being stuck at a probability issue for several weeks. Thanks to my friend saesa I'm now using cumulative binomial distribution to solve it for now.

The equipped page has a layout fitting for a wizard;

[​IMG]

General: How to use?

A:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?824536-Decimation

That's how you use it and some information about the framework.

Specific notes for Wiz-imation?

The algorithms aren't as strong and proofed as the ones in the Barbarian version, so I suggest the following; only have one armor spell equipped and one "spender" (meteor, arcane orb, etc). IIRC I haven't added any checking logic to make sure they don't cast at the same time, which is why I suggest only using one of the same "type".

Advanced tab:

There are several Advanced parameters added, Damage Breakdown etc. There are some weird bugs occuring, such as Critical Mass/Evocation being straight out DPS decreases at certain points.

Snow Blast / Intensify has start values of AP where you can choose to save up Arcane Power in order to maximize the time per cast.

Several abilities have max target limits in the Advanced tab. Abilities with a hardcoded number of max targets (such as Electrocute) are not included in this list due to them not having virtual max targets (such as Meteor, Arcane Orb etc), but they still deal the correct amount of AoE damage/yield additional Arcane Power.

Archon parameters are not quite functioning yet, I haven't decided how to set the killspeed.

Diamond Skin Prism has parameters to suspend the usage of ap-spending spells below the value of choice in order to save up Arcane Power to burst damage when Prism becomes available.

Meteor Shower uses a hit rate % success value (currently the only skill that does that).

Overall, it's not bugfree, that I can guarantee, and it lacks several important (to me) runestones and passives/actives. Some of these are Power Hungry, Magic Weapon, Frost Nova playstyle, Conflagration playstyle and several other fun styles of Wizplay.

Hope you enjoy it, and feel free to report bugs if you find any!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. Superstate

Re: Wiz-imation

Version 1.0!

- Glass Cannon offensive portion
    - Astral Presence
    - Evocation
    - Critical Mass (although not finished versus multiple targets)
    - Prodigy
    - Galvanizing Ward

- Signature spells and most runestones for them.
    - Familiar (Sparkflint)
    - Energy Armor (Pinpoint Barrier)
    - Storm Armor (Power of the Storm)
    - Archon (not finished and obviously hugely overpowered)

- Arcane Orb (Obliteration, Tap the Source)
    - Wave of Force (Forceful Wave, Force Affinity)
    - Disintegrate (Intensify, Entropy)
    - Ray of Frost (Snow Blast)
    - Meteor (Molten Impact, Star Pact, Meteor Shower, Liquify, Comet [ie all runestones])

- Diamond Skin (Prism)

3. Superstate

Re: Wiz-imation

Version 1.1!

- Arcanot
    - Magic Weapon (most runestones I believe.. or some!)
    - Added Arcane Power on Crit; works well on single target, and good at multi-target until crit reaches very high levels and/or a very high number of monsters.
    - Fixed a few of the defensive armor spells (I think)
    - Corrected color schemes for legendary (most important thing ever)

Yeah.. not the best version notes I've done, but this has been in the works for a very long time due to me being stuck at a probability issue for several weeks. Thanks to my friend saesa I'm now using cumulative binomial distribution to solve it for now.

Also, looking for interesting mechanics to model. Don't know what people are interested in really!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012