Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wirt and Diablo 3 Cain

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Wolven, Mar 2, 2011. | Replies: 11 | Views: 4243

1. Wolven

Wolven IncGamers Member

Wirt and Diablo 3 Cain

"Cain was swallowed up in a gigantic fissure that opened beneath him. He was incinerated in a ball of Hellfire, and can't answer your questions anymore. Oh, that isn't what happened? Then I guess you'll be buying something or you'll be on your way".

Wirt said that in D1.

I thought it was funny how it seems that something like that happens in the beggining of d3 (although Cain doesn't die here).
  2. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Re: Wirt and Diablo 3 Cain

Cain dying at the beginning is unlikely as you said, but I do expect him to die by the end of Act I.
  3. Wolven

Wolven IncGamers Member

I wouldn't like it if he died, at least not in an agressive and or painful way. I don't think they'll kill him until the end of the game, or at least act 3, that would be bad. But I'm sure he doesn't die in the beginning, since there is a screenshot were you see him in new tristam with Leah.

4. Flux

Flux Administrator

I wouldn't be surprised if Cain died off at the end of the game, but him dying in Act One would be a big surprise. To me, at least. I think I'd greet that event with rather mixed emotions. On the one hand he's sort of an old friend and has been a constant throughout the series. On the other... the fourteen thousand times he tried to tell me about what a goddamned treasure I had in the Horadric Cube, how grim was my story, did kind of add up.
  5. Technomancer

Technomancer IncGamers Member

People have been speculating about the fate of Cain for years now. I'm not sure if anyone's said anything like this or not, I haven't read everything. Cain is the last of the Horadrim, and it would seem as if he must have a great deal of power at his disposal, he's just been remiss to actually use it. If he does die, it would be cool if it wasn't like "evil creatures finally got their dirty mitts on him and 8 HIZ BRAINZ", but it was more like he finally made himself useful by using some really powerful, secret magic he's been holding on to in order to accomplish something really important, but it costs him his life and he knew it would. That or he somehow sacrifices himself so that we may complete our quest. I think him dying at the hands of the baddies would just be lame.
  6. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Just before he dies, Cain will make some cryptic remarks about Leah's true parentage that will send us on a wild goose chase around Sanctuary :wink:
  7. Swordadpt

Swordadpt IncGamers Member

I think it's pretty logical to assume Cain will bite it for 2 primary reasons.

#1. He's way older than the average person of the time. Most people in that era and especially circumstantially don't even live half that long. Due to him being a major character however they kept him around to this point.

#2. We can already see his replacement right off the bat, which tells me they can remove him at any point in the game and not have to deal with a backlash of introducing a new character- she's already in place.

So yeah, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he died off by the end of act 1, or perhaps an act or two later.
  8. BelialsWrath

BelialsWrath IncGamers Member

I bet he has some dark secrets he`ll be releasing this time around in D3.
  9. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

This. There has to be more to him I think, probably it's just in relation to Leah's parentage (Diablo did you say?).

10. Volpula

Volpula IncGamers Member

How can we make sure that Cain we see before the meteor hit is the same with the one we rescue from skeletons? Maybe he diead in the first place when meteor hit and something/someone captured him? Just thinking
  11. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

There's any number of ways Cain could die in act 1.
    1. He could stop the Butcher from killing Leah.
    2. He could be betrayed and killed by the Butcher, we come into his room as he's eating "fresh meat".

But, it would be better off if he dies in a later act. Like you guys said, in some kind of heroic sacrificing method.
  12. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

I think he'll absorb something. Some kind of demon, some kind of loose power or something. Would be fitting for him, to see a similar fate as other greats such as Tal Rasha.