Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Windows 7 keepss trying to upscale D2 resolution, looks terrible on 1080p monitor

Discussion in '1.13 Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by dansseki, Feb 8, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 3302

1. dansseki

dansseki IncGamers Member

Windows 7 keepss trying to upscale D2 resolution, looks terrible on 1080p monitor

I've tried downloading and installing beta drivers, stable drivers, custom drivers and even setting desktop resolution to 800x600 and then running the game...I'm out of ideas, how can I get D2 to not look like baby vomit on a screen with a resolution higher than 720p?

:edit:

Here's my specs

Core i5 2500k
    570GTX
    Z68 Gigabyte motherboard
    Agility III SSD
    8GB DDR3

Windows 7 Ultimate w/ SP1
  2. dansseki

dansseki IncGamers Member

Re: Windows 7 keepss trying to upscale D2 resolution, looks terrible on 1080p monitor

Judging from the # of views alot of people are wondering the same thing!

Anyone got a workaround that doesn't involve running in windowed mode? I've been reduced to playing D2 on my netbook which has a display resolution of 1366x768 and doesn't try to upscale the D2 graphics.
  3. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Re: Windows 7 keepss trying to upscale D2 resolution, looks terrible on 1080p monitor

There is not any way to not upscale and have full screen at the same time, unless you have an old CRT monitor.
  4. Tbone

Tbone IncGamers Member

The game was written over 10 years ago for systems that typically didn't have anything special in the way of graphics. What's wrong with running in window mode? In my experience it's smoother, faster, and the graphics look better. If you have more than one key you can even view multiple instances on one screen.