Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Win Diablo 3 Beta Access from IncGamers

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by Flux, Mar 7, 2012. | Replies: 172 | Views: 16750

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Win Diablo 3 Beta Access from IncGamers

Since so many of you longtime D3 fans still don't have access to the beta, we're making two accounts available to deserving forum members. (Thanks to KayDee for providing them.) Winners will be given [STRIKE]three[/STRIKE] two days of access to one account, during which time we expect you to play for at least 10 hours a day. After [STRIKE]72[/STRIKE] 48 hours the account passwords will be changed and new winners will be chosen. (Time adjusted by popular demand; see below.)

If you want one, post a reply in this thread and argue your case with words, pictures, video, [STRIKE]naked girls[/STRIKE], or whatever else you feel might win over the judges. We'll pick two new people every two days and notify the winners via a forum PM. The change over should come around midnight, PST (-8 GMT). Good luck to you.

Update: A 3rd account has been donated by another beta tester. Same rules apply. All 3 winners will be chosen at the same time, every other day.

Also, if any of you other beta testers have an account you are not using anymore and you want to donate it to a worthy case, fire me a PM and we'll group it in with these others, giving more people a chance to get some beta time. Don't do it if you've got WoW or SC2 access on your battle.net account, but if you made an account just for the D3 beta and you're no longer using it much/at all... other people would. (You can loan your account; and take it back if a big game change patch comes out, for instance.)
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. Kaydee

Kaydee IncGamers Member

Re: Win Diablo 3 Beta Access from IncGamers

Good luck to everyone and be creative.

First 2 winners will be drawn at Thursday March 8.
  3. Kornkills

Kornkills IncGamers Member

Good luck people!
  4. Kingbob

Kingbob IncGamers Member

Edit: I'm in beta now
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  5. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

i would like to see a vote put up for 5-10 members, let the community decide who gets it for one of the 72 hour periods. there have been some good posters who have been here a long time that for sure deserve a shot at it and going with a vote gives us all a say in the winner.
  6. Kaydee

Kaydee IncGamers Member

Nothing is impossible, we might do a special or something later on, but let’s start with this first.
  7. Spoticus

Spoticus IncGamers Site Pal

I'd love a chance to play the beta for a few days.

I've been a hardcore Diablo fan since D1 first came out, first started visiting the site to look at the diablo 1 shrine list, then stumbled across a few great class guides that showed me how much of a newb I was :) Have been hanging around ever since, my post count is pretty low but I read the forums regularly. I used to be very active in the single player and barb forums back in D2C before the forums were reset.

Other than the obvious stuff the main reason I'd love a chance to play the beta is to see how it runs on my laptop. I just moved to a new city and left my high end gaming PC behind, I need to know whether I need to bring it down or if D3 runs okay on my laptop :)

Oh and because I quit my job to return to full time study. I actually do have 10hrs a day to play :D

Thanks for the opportunity and congrats to everyone that wins ;)
  8. JCBN

JCBN IncGamers Member

Awesome... glad to see others jump the boat.

We still lend out accounts in #Town-Portal if someone doesnt have luck with this competition, and wanna play 2 hours of Diablo Beta.

Good stuff Incgamers, thats why i have been lurking here since dii.net.
  9. IgorAl

IgorAl IncGamers Member

Pick me pick me!

Anyway...I have been a huge fan of Diablo for years and i would love the chance to test the Beta. I live in Australia so the chance that i might ever get a Beta key is really small. I tryed to buy a Beta key from some guy who lives in my city but he sold it before i contacted him :(. I would be happy even with less than 72 houres... I just want to see how it feals because watching the videos just doesnt cut it! Furthermore, i really want to see what will be the influance of latency because i play from the most isolated city in the world :).

Thanks for consideration!
  10. Narako

Narako IncGamers Member

Hello to everyone!
    This is my first post on this board.
    I hope to have a chance to win even if I am new around here.
    Bye
  11. Synikal

Synikal IncGamers Member

Hey, I'd really love access for a bit!

I've been playing a lot of D2 again lately after watching beta streams when it first started back in September. Been keeping up to date with the beta but unfortunately I've missed the draw on all my ins. Would be cool to be able to play the beta finally!
  12. Narako

Narako IncGamers Member

I have just found the perfect name for my female Witch Doctor: Mescaline :jig:

Bye

13. Kornkills

Kornkills IncGamers Member

my vote for a shot

14. DMB

DMB IncGamers Member

15. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

I've been playing D1 and D2 since it started, please do give me the chance to try out the game.

A really earnest please :givelove:
  16. bluefly

bluefly IncGamers Member

10 hours? That's a bit extreme even for people who don't have a job.

I suggest sharing the 72 hours between two winners that have a time difference of 8+- hours. That way it'll be used when the other one is sleeping or at work/school.
  17. xSiCKx

xSiCKx IncGamers Member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  18. phixierbone

phixierbone IncGamers Member

19. Aarcana

Aarcana IncGamers Member

Most excellent idea, kudos KayDee & Flux for the gesture.

Well, I've been a Diablo fan for (gasp) nearly 15 years now, playing vanilla Diablo in single player and LAN mode long before the internet tubes were readily available downunder. After seeing rumour and speculation of a sequel in those print magazines of old, I became a rabid news hound, with dii.net quickly becoming a near-daily destination for the latest news on what was to become the greatest release of the past 11 years. I can even recall participating / lurking in some of the developer IRC chats you hosted on this very site in the lead up to the open beta.

It goes without saying that since then this site has been my go-to site for all things Diablo-related. I was even rather distracted by PoE a few months back courtesy of your writeup upon meeting with the Grinding Gear folks.

So regardless of whether you hook me (and more likely, my brother) up with a temporary beta key, I'd like to say a big thanks from a long time reader, lurker and fan of you and your team's work on the best Diablo fan-site out there. It's a shame that you've been snubbed by the Activision marketing goliath, but for what it's worth, your honest content is all the better for it. :thumbup:
  20. Flux

Flux Administrator

Incidentally, do you guys think 48 hours for the winners would be better? We could let 50% more people have a chance, then.