Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Will you play single player first?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by RedawgTS, Jul 8, 2008. | Replies: 48 | Views: 2469

?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    47.2%
  3. I don't know

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. RedawgTS

RedawgTS IncGamers Member

Are you going to play the single player game first before you jump into multiplayer? Personally, I normally do but after becoming so accustomed to multiplayer in D2 I'm not sure I can go back to SP, even if it's a new game.
  2. ExtraStrongFireEnchanted

ExtraStrongFireEnchanted IncGamers Member

Re: Will you play single player first?

That's something to think about. I vote I don't know. If leaked alpha/beta/demo whatever is available much earlier than MP, then I probably won't resist to try it. Never really thought about this, I already picked barb as my first character for MP HC, so I'll probably try other class in SP, like Witch Doctor. Love jungles, love the concept :)
  3. Tsumaru

Tsumaru IncGamers Member

I am predominantly a Single Player gamer. I do everything Single Player, and if I enjoy it, sometimes I'll go into multiplayer with it. With D2, I wasn't a huge battle.net guy - I played with my brother over LAN most often. But I've done my fair share of online gaming with strangers too. Definitely Single Player first. I might go multiplayer at the same time with another class; but I will always stay a few missions behind my SP so I can fully immerse myself into the story properly. Multiplayer tends to jump around, skip dialogue, and go too fast for me.
  4. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

I vote no.

I have already promised people I know(family and RLfriends) to start the game together. I think its more fun to explore the game with others. Also another reason is I can't wait to see the new 2.0 Bnet and the features.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  5. lionheart

lionheart IncGamers Member

I always play only single player, there is no reason for me to change now. If my cousin gets the game too then we might do a couple of LAN games but thats about it. My goal is the beat the computer to death :grin:
  6. MooCQ

MooCQ IncGamers Member

Re: 3xcuriousity

I couldnt get myself to play singleplayer.. it'd be torture to know that all my friends.. would be gaining levels.. I'd rather be playin with everyone!! not alone.. id go insane!
  7. Tsumaru

Tsumaru IncGamers Member

If they are friends and family, and you all play at the same pace - I would agree. I do a lot of D2 with my brother, but he plays really fast and seems to skip a lot of dialogue. I think he would listen to the quest dialogue - but I love engaging in all the different convos. So while I'm sitting there listening to Warriv's gossip, he's wiped out the Den of Evil on his own. =P

That's why I play single player first. I can go at my own pace and do everything I want. Even though exploring the game with others is more fun, it's less fun if you can't explore at the same pace. That's just me though. =)

8. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

What a coincedence, if I wouldn't know better I'd think you were my brother. You just described the exact same d2 relation I have with my own brother :jig:

Im ze speedy type of player, pure MP for me. I will probably play a tad slower the first time around, but not much :thumbup:

9. Oneone

Oneone IncGamers Member

Im prolly gonna paly coop with some friends i hope :D
  10. Grunthex

Grunthex IncGamers Member

Absolutely. First, second, and probably permanently. There'd have to be something amazing to make me play multiplayer. The exception possibly being if I were to play it with a few other single-player style players.
  11. ThulRasha

ThulRasha Diablo: IncGamers Member

Yes, I will play single player first. But that will be online (in a passworded game), to unlock hardcore play.

Asuming this mechanic stays the same of course.
  12. Flux

Flux Administrator

I'm surprised at all the yes votes. You guys should have more faith in your odds of making it into the beta!
  13. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

I don't know. It depends on the state battle.net will be in.
  14. yalthar

yalthar IncGamers Member

I voted no but thinking about it I might play it through by myself first so I can take my time to enjoy the content. But it's not gonna be in single player mode.
    Unless I find some likeminded people to play it through with. I definitely don't someone bringing in their highlevel friend to rush us.
  15. yalthar

yalthar IncGamers Member

I voted no - I'll definitely only be starting multiplayer characters.
    But I'll probably play the game through by myself first:)
  16. knifebunny

knifebunny IncGamers Member

I think that Blizzard, from what I can ascertain, will be making the multiplayer experience for D3 a lot more than what you guys remember from D2... I think the multiplayer thing will be an entirely new thing.

I've been thinking about this a lot, as I have never really played a lot of D2 online personally myself but im under the impression a lot of things are going to be made easier.

for example;

- travelling (getting to places, and other players quicker)
    - trading of items (im not going to say auction house but a better way of trading lets say)
    - forming groups not only via battle.net interface but within the game
    - better way of tracking friends and communicating (perhaps addition of in game microphone, like WoW)
    - interface for clans or "guilds"

They havent said much other than that they plan for "big things" with battle.net, so all we can do is speculate. I think the online experience will be definitely something else.

Whilst I played D2 mostly single player and a bit of LAN'ing, from my gut feeling im going straight to multiplayer and I can already say this without hearing about their actual proposed changes.
  17. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I will play SP - and I include TCP/IP in that - first. I want to enjoy the story and you can't do that if everyone is racing the ladder.

Can I just remind everyone again to post in the thread and then vote on polls. When you vote you get taken to another thread that has no relation to this subject and so your post is lost. Thanks. :)
  18. ThulRasha

ThulRasha Diablo: IncGamers Member

Oh good point, I completely forgot about that.

19. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

Thyiad you can also just play relaxed online. There is no slave driver with a whip threating to woop you when you are not racing online.
    Finishing a game slowly on MP is the same as doing so on SP (with a proper inet connection and a A+ bnet) with the added benefit of being able to actually trade and contest with other players the moment you finished the campaign :)
  20. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

i will play the game alone my first trip through but it wont be single player. the char i make will be on the servers i will just play in a passworded game. also while i am playing with that char i will make other chars to group with friends so long as they do not pass where my main guy is. i always enjoy the story more when i go through it myself the first time