Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Will whiners use the RMAH more than the people who are ok with it? o

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by IgorAl, Apr 13, 2012. | Replies: 83 | Views: 3002

1. IgorAl

IgorAl IncGamers Member

Will whiners use the RMAH more than the people who are ok with it?

The RMAH discussion on the front page made me think about it. Majority of people here falls in two categories: the ones that hate RMAH and constantly whine about it and the ones that are ok with it. Lets take a look at these two groups...

THE WHINERS

Majority of these people dont like the RMAH because they care about other peoples gear. Period. They also care a lot about their own gear of course. They define their enjoyment and depth of the game by how powerful their characters are compared to other peoples characters. To sum it up they are people who would go to great lenghts to ensure that they have the best geared characters in the game beacuse to them being better than the other people matters!

PEOPLE WHO ARE OK WITH RMAH

These folks dont give a crap about the gear of others. They may or may not care much about their own gear though. They play game for FUN (wow!) and to collect items themsleves because it makes them feel good when they find them (while having fun)! The fact that they dont care about other peoples gear logicly implies that they dont care how powerful their character is compared to other people meaning that they probably wouldnt go to such lenghts as spending real world money on items in a computer game!

Conclusion: People who whine about RMAH are much more likely to use it! This is just a theory. What do you guys think?
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  2. Raesene

Raesene IncGamers Member

Re: Will whiners use the RMAH more than the people who are ok with it?

Sounds about right to me. They doth protest too much.
  3. Buu

Buu IncGamers Member

I see it more as an equal share from both camps.
    Some whiners will use it to 'keep up' in their minds, while others won't on prinicple
  4. ShadoutMapes

ShadoutMapes IncGamers Member

Since your assumptions are wrong your conclusion probably is the same :)
  5. IgorAl

IgorAl IncGamers Member

Elaborate please. Let me guess...you are from the whiners camp?

6. nailertn

nailertn IncGamers Member

People who hate the RMAH will use it, people who are ok with it won't use it. Rock solid logic you got there.
  7. Doppel

Doppel Banned

I just also identified two groups...

IGORAL

Retarded.

EVERYONE ELSE

Unlikely to be as retarded as IgorAl.

Conclusion: Put IgorAl on ignore.
  8. ShadoutMapes

==>

First assumption. Wrong assumption.

How would you know if they care a lot about their own gear? Wrong.

You know the drill by now.

Which logically would lead to wrong conclusions as well.

9. IgorAl

IgorAl IncGamers Member

Lots of rage from the whiners so far :)! Keep it coming!
  10. ShadoutMapes

Kinda off-topic, but it has always amused (and saddened) me - in just about everything from politics to more or less silly discussions about a game:
    Why do some people see 'whiner' as such a negative word?

In my world-view people who bothers to express their opinion, who dare to say if there is something they are not happy about (or are happy about), who actually take interest in topics and issues whether big or small, are a whole lot more useful than that large group of people who are "meh, don't really care" about everything in the world.

Irregardless of who is "right" and "wrong".
  11. Doppel

Doppel Banned

So now you're pretending to troll people into raging over how dumb you are? Fail.
  12. IgorAl

IgorAl IncGamers Member

I agree with you! I prefer whiners to "meh" people any day because they have opinions and sometimes very valid points. Too much whining with wrong arguments or with the wrong reason behind the whining is pathetic though!

Concerning your arguments above... You say that my assumtions are wrong. I didnt say that they are correct for 100% of people but they are definitly correct for some percentage of people...that is undeniable!. I think that percentage is high, someone might think that it is not. That is why i started the discussion!

13. IgorAl

IgorAl IncGamers Member

Didnt you put me on Ignore? Please follow up with what you said!

14. ShadoutMapes

I doubt the percentage is very high tbh. My guess would be that your group 1 and 2 are pretty equal in terms of how much they care about their own gear, how much they care about others gear etc. And also in terms of how much they will use RMAH.

Surely some people who claim they wont use RMAH will end up using RMAH, from both groups.

Being against RMAH and not wanting to use RMAH is not necessarily the same. Theoretically you can have people who love RMAH but wont use it themselves, and on the other hand have people who hate RMAH but who will use RMAH if it exists.
    For example anyone who want to trade items they find in Diablo 3 (in SC) will probably be forced into the RMAH, as there is a high chance that the gold-AH will be dead.
  15. IgorAl

IgorAl IncGamers Member

Yes maybe. One would think that people who hate RMAH will never use it and the guys that are ok with it will use it much more but as you say they will use it the same. That was my point in a way except that i said that "whiners" will use it more!

16. skien

skien IncGamers Member

Both will use the RMAH I think, the problem with the whiners is that they don't like someone who makes more money than them in real life can get the same gear as they can. Which I believe is a valid point, however, to paraphrase; if someone goes to work and does some OT thinking 'If I do an extra couple of hours tonight I'll be able to afford that new head piece' is no different to 'If I grind gold for two more hours I can afford that new head piece'.

The doomsayers problem is that two more hours of grinding will, unless something miraculous happens, be the equivalent of two hours in most first world jobs. So to that I say: get a job. You're also missing the fact that a lot of people who play MMO's have a disdain for people buying gold, it gave them an unfair advantage, similar to an athlete taking steroids. So they are naturally pissed off that D3 has been deliberately corrupted. However reading through the skill lists, with four runes a piece, the complexity of speccing characters in this game is incredible. It's a theory crafting gold mine, and so while gear will make the biggest difference in PVP, there is still hope that a player who spends time reading and researching, fine-tuning their spec and equipment will be able to crush someone who buys out the top gear on the RMAH and rolls in with the spec that kinda worked in hell.

On the the flip-side, the people who don't think it's such a bad idea hopefully see it the same as I do: If you never inject any cash yourself it is exactly the same as a gold based AH. You sell stuff, you make money, you buy better stuff. All in all though I would say you are wrong in most every point, it's an extremely simplistic look at it that is well... wrong. I like the RMAH, I think it's incredible. I plan on using my time in-game to save for a plane ticket to visit europe, I think that will be doable given the time-frame I have and the amount of time I've been known to spend on blizz games... I also care a great deal about my gear, the better the gear the better I farm, the more pvp pwnage, the more fun..

All I got from your post was that Hardcore gamers hate the RMAH and super-casual players are "OK" with it... maybe read through the hundreds of posts regarding this argument and re-formulate your theory.
  17. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

Well it is a bit different.

18. IgorAl

IgorAl IncGamers Member

Yes it is different especially in the way that the money you make for 2 houres of work in most countries will be able to buy you a lot more gear than you will get in 2 houres of grinding. Therefroe people will venture out of their basements and start getting jobs. Blizzard will move economies AND make a killing from RMAH at the same time since time invested in a real world will be much more valuable than time invested playing D3 which kinda makes sense since D3 is hopefully more fun than real life work :)!

19. Zorrah

Zorrah IncGamers Member

OP does have a point though. People who want to be the best will sometimes go to great lengths to get there. If it turns out the RMAH is what's needed to get there, guess who's going to be the first in line to use it. Also, to incite such rage from such an observation makes me think there's more to it, and people who were against, but are now planning on twinking a little from the RMAH are defensive and angry.
  20. JWBS

JWBS IncGamers Member

You sound like a real whiney little ***ch.