Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Will weapon speed affect merc atck speed ?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Leetus, Jul 5, 2007. | Replies: 3 | Views: 2926

1. Leetus

Leetus IncGamers Member

Will weapon speed affect merc atck speed ?

i m trying to get one of the elite weapons that can get 4 sockets for insight and i was wondering if the weapon speed affects the mercenarys attack speed.

colossus voulge is the slowest along with cryptic axe (10 )

giant thresher and thresher are the fastest ( -10 )

while the great poleaxe is in between ( 0 )

but i see most players prefer cv and ca over the last 3. so i guess weapon speed doesnt affect mercenary atck speed. o well...

2. asdfgah

asdfgah IncGamers Member

The speed does matter as far as I know it just that CV is easier to got 4-socketed I suppose. That is because the max number of sockets for CV is four. That means that if you find a CV with it's max number of sockets it will be four and if you socket it from larzuks socket reward it will also get its max four sockets which is good for both infinity and insight.

3. Darkflight

Darkflight IncGamers Member

Colossus Voulge is prefered because it has max 4 sockets, so you can find a non-socketed one and Larzuk it.
    Cryptic Axe has 5 max sockets, so I don't know why they are popular.
    Giant Thresher and Great Poleaxe has 6 max sockets, Thresher has 5 IIRC.

My best pick for a Insight would be Great Poleaxe. It's hard to get a 4 open socket, etheral Great Poleaxe though. :tongue:

And BTW, mercenaries do benefit greatly from IAS and fast base weapons.

4. JME

JME IncGamers Member

CA is preferred by a lot of people because it has the highest damage (virtually the same as a CV, 91.5 instead 91) but it also has a lot lower strength requirement, so it is easier for mercs to wear without +st gear.

As already stated, CV is preferred by many because it is simply easier to obtain, since it gets 4os from larzuk. It also does very good damage.

Thresher and Giant Thresher are the fastest but weakest.

Honestly, I prefer an eth 4os GPA because between the 5 weapons its damage is above average (it has the median value but it is higher than average) and its attack speed is average. Good all around weapon.

Also, mercs are limited in the number of auras they can have now due to a crude bug fix that blizzard implemented in order to stop the exploit where people could pick up and put down an aura item on a merc to obtain an obscenely high level aura.

No love for pride? I'd say those (insight, infinity, and pride) are the three most popular 4os weapon merc words. However, hand of justice, passion, fortitude, phoenix, and rift will also work.