Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Will Diablo 3 make your life awesome?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by psyadam, May 8, 2012. | Replies: 38 | Views: 1953

1. psyadam

psyadam IncGamers Member

Will it solve all your problems?

2. Such Violent Storms

Such Violent Storms IncGamers Member

Diablo III will most likely make my life worse, making me addicted to the game instead of focusing on more important real-life stuff. I'll have to moderate it, but the Diablo monkey clings to your back like no other.

3. Chaboi

Chaboi IncGamers Member

So much betta!

4. Srikandi

Srikandi IncGamers Member

Heh. I think it will help me in some respects... even after the initial euphoria wears off, I mean :) Games like this help me unwind and relax when I get stressed, and they're healthier than Xanax. Assuming I don't wind up finding it more irritating than relaxing a few months down the road... only time will tell!

I actually believe that most folks who spend a lot of time playing computer games do it to treat mood disorders (diagnosed or not), and compared to alternative treatments for said mood disorders, they are relatively safe and effective. And much, much cheaper :p

5. psyadam

psyadam IncGamers Member

Heh! Thoughtful response! I mostly started this thread as a joke, but I think you have something there. But I also agree with the previous poster that worried that he might get addicted and not have time for things like other people.

6. BellaStrega

BellaStrega IncGamers Member

While I would say "not just mood disorders" I would add that one of the ways I self-medicate my panic attacks is playing the most intensive games I can focus on.

7. Raver

Raver IncGamers Member

The only thing I can see D3 doing for me is either causing me to gain a significant amount of weight or cause me to lose weight (due to being glued to my chair).

8. Chef Mikey

Chef Mikey IncGamers Member

For me it would probably be the former as I am very susceptible to weight gain. Arrrgh!

9. Srikandi

Solution: get an exercise bike and rig a laptop holder to it, like an engineer friend of mine did, or you can buy such things pre-made if you're not mechanically inclined.

And then pedal while you grind :)

10. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

I think the peace of mind that comes with playing a game I've waited 6 years for will be a kind of genuine happiness. That way I can say, "This is what Inferno feels like. This is what the new skill system plays like. This is what happens at the end of the game. Etc."

11. onorarono

onorarono IncGamers Member

It'll likely get rid of the itching feeling to play, but only while I'm playing. Then I have to go and continue going to class and sitting through exams itching. I'm itching as I type this.

12. hpmons

hpmons IncGamers Member

In a way it already has, as I've actually revised for my exams for once, due to D3 release being in the middle of them...As I want to play it as much as possible when its out, I've been revising much earlier.

Otherwise...Yes and no. I've been restless recently as no game has held my attention for long, but I'm pretty sure D3 will. Might make my last couple of exams worse though. I've also got a new-ish partner and while she knows I'm a gamer I'm not sure she can anticipate quite how much I will ignore the rest of my life.

13. BellaStrega

BellaStrega IncGamers Member

I forgot to mention that Diablo III will relieve the lack of playing Diablo III that currently blights my daily life.

14. istrel

istrel IncGamers Member

if you call being glued to my pc every moment of free time i have a good life then yes its going to be awsome

15. Itaju

Itaju IncGamers Member

Diablo 3 will solve world famine's problems, prevent wars, violence agains women worldwide and cure cancer.

On a more realistic side, I really believe it will safe some suicide-candidates life as they might have something to look forward to after they lost their job/GF, etc.

16. isak viking

isak viking IncGamers Member

if diablo will not be awesome after this ****ing wait! i used to be a gamer, now while i wait for diablo 3, i can not play any other games. If diablo arent making my life awesome. i will have to figure another way of living! i should anyway! i just need to test it first, the game that is.

17. skien

skien IncGamers Member

So far it has, I've almost finished repainting the back of house, washed the concrete, cleaned the bathroom, fixed the vanity unit, cleared out all the hard rubbish, the only drive was to have guilt free D3 :).

As someone mentioned earlier a lot of people do self medicate mood disorders with video games, this is actually a dangerous because gaming releases huge amounts of dopamine, similar to intense exorcise, without the release of serotonin afterwards. And such it can cause severe anxiety. That said, I have a serious drinking problem and every time I go out and "party" I wind up extremely drunk and either punching someone or being punched. Both have terrible fallout the next day. The chemical issues aside, I have been waiting for D3 for a long time as games like this give me the same rush as drunken bar fight without being drunk or in a bar. And I am really looking forward to something as addictive as going out (vanilla wow did this for me back in 2006, sad I know haha).

So yeah I'm straight up mentally ill and can't wait.

18. Srikandi

Doubt it will solve famine or cure cancer, but it will certainly reduce all kinds of violence. Studies suggest that people who might otherwise be getting drunk and punching someone will not do either of those things if they have a video game to play instead. As Skien personally attested earlier in this thread :)

Now, if we could just get the world leaders playing it, they would absolutely have no time for those wars they're always dragging us into... yes, I'm saying that what we need to save the world is less effective government! ;)

19. idioteque

idioteque IncGamers Member

It will certainly limit my spending on several games to kill the wait.

Been rolling through The Witcher 2, Batman: Arkham City, Prototype 2, Mass Effect 3 and FF13 since the launch announcement. That's a god 200 bucks I could've saved if D3 had been out already.

20. Supernova

Supernova IncGamers Member

Yes. And that is all.