Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Will D2 Karma bite me in the ...?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Hookipa, Feb 4, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 1392

1. Hookipa

Hookipa IncGamers Member

Hi guys,

So I feel kind of guilty atm towards some fellow D2 player and I am afraid D2 karma will get me back for, especially on this particular subject...

I was in need of an Ohm rune to create a CTA and the first hell game I saw someone offered ohm vs 5ist mal. I thought good deal so jumped in and went with him to a normal game for my mule. On that char I had no mal only several ists, so I proposed to trade for the ohm and then I get other char for mal.
    Now I had been jumping into games at a high frequency, so the moment I exit I get temp banned. Now first I feel guilty towards the other bloke, but moreover I am afraid karma will get me back.

In the past I made 2 CTA's. Both with a whopping +1 BO. So I have what you can call a bad streak already on this particular subject. However, with this "polluted" ohm I am afraid it will get -1 BO or something...

What do you think? Will I be lucky or will karma get me?

Cheers Hookipa.
  2. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

Funny you mention that. Im working on my cta. yesterday i found a flail in hell. I finished levelling a sorc to hell helforge and a GUL dropped! Only 3 more GUL to go! I never trade, everything is self-found. typically have to level 30 chars to build a cta, so karma from bad trades isnt a concern for me. I got a orb sorc with stealth, spirit crystal sword, and magefist which basically means i can tele too fast to get hit plus my merc uses woestave to slow bosses to a crawl even in hell so i plow everything pretty much.
  3. royalairfarce

royalairfarce IncGamers Member

Am afraid u will burn in hell for this Buuurn!;)
    guess u don't recall his account?
  4. Hookipa

Hookipa IncGamers Member

Well karma was not so bad after all, a got an ethereal brand new 4/4/4.
    I dont know his account, but I dont think of telling him before I exited that I might be getting a temp ban any time soon...

IStrangest happened though, i think "someone" added me as a friend, bc I get a notice from an unknown person that enters a game. But i did not add friend him.
    If it is him though, its a bot, so then I dont care as much :).
  5. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

Just reading this makes me want to play D2 again... Trading was a *process* in D2, and you never knew what would happen. In D3 all you have to do is hop on that damnably convenient AH and click, click, click and the item is yours. Sterile and mechanic, unless you count the retarded last second bidwars as excitement.

You often get private whisper spam from bots, so I wouldn't worry about it. It usually stops after a while.

In my years that I played D2 I made maybe 5 or 6 CtAs and out of those one was +3 and the rest +1 or +2. Needless to say even if I pick up the game again I'm never making my own CtA. :banghead:
  6. Hookipa

Hookipa IncGamers Member

The Lord works in mysterious ways. Karma just got a strange twist.

So after posting my previous reaction I tried out my brand new CTA.
    Because my necro was overflowing in gold a made a game (read carefully) "O 2.5 mill gold N um". After a while someone joins and asks to meet him in act 4, so I can drop gold on floor.

No worries I thought, so I started dropping the gold and while doing I see him drop a rune and something else. That something else was a CTA in a flail. So I ask him why do you drop that and he says you can take it if you want its only 4 BO!?!
    So I think, how about them apples? Because I dont believe in coincidence I almost believe that someone on this forum found me, but I wont question a gift like that obviously.

The only question thats left now is, can you say a new beast for my Necro :) ?

@ Greizer: I share your sentiment about D3 exactly. After I finished the game after ca. 2 months (with one of the first crit mass wizards :) I stopped because I felt I had seen enough. I love the rush that a D2 trade gives over the auction house...
  7. juju

juju IncGamers Member

karma is a scam :rolf:
  8. Icemanxx

Icemanxx IncGamers Member

could be worse u could mistakenly misuse the runes like my friend and make nothing