Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Wiki updates: posting links to hacks

Discussion in 'Feedback, Suggestions & Support' started by AlexanderBarin, Mar 18, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 4327

1. AlexanderBarin

AlexanderBarin Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Wiki updates: posting links to hacks

One just got updated this morning and jumped to the top of the list. Advertised are 2 links to youtube videos with emails of who to contact. Can you guys restrict who can post links and emails... or something? It's pretty frightening that there are already these shady ****s who are already trying to hack/spam their way to some money...
  2. Maurish

Maurish IncGamers Member

Re: Wiki updates: posting links to hacks

Restricting people from properly editing defeats the purpose of the wiki altogether. I guess the best we can do is to undo the changes and mark spam pages for deletion. The moderators will ban the accounts and the wiki is clear again until another one shows up. I think there is not much that can be done to prevent this if we want it to be a public project.
  3. AlexanderBarin

How do I mark spam?
  4. Maurish

Maurish IncGamers Member

If you want a whole page to be deleted then replace the spam with this tag: {{delete|spam}}
  5. Flux

Flux Administrator

Or you can report problems with links to the pages or offending users in this forum.

The wiki has pretty good admin tools; we can undo all edits by someone with just a few clicks, and ban them just as easily. Some critical pages are protected, but like Maurish said, the whole point in a wiki is that users can make edits. If spam or other bull**** gets vexing post-release, we can deputize more of the regular contributors, but then there's a barrier to entry and we'll never get any new people involved if they can't make edits in the first place and find that they enjoy the process.
  6. AlexanderBarin

Understood. I'll need to learn the basics of it, I'm on there often enough, so I could help out. Hatred for the scum who ruined D2 fuels me!