Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wich weapon?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Flamme, Mar 24, 2013. | Replies: 1 | Views: 2817

1. Flamme

Flamme IncGamers Member

I'm a lvl 32 meteorb about halfway in act 5 (just saved Anya)and I just found a new weapon, but I'm not 100% sure if it's better than what I got. My main spells is ofcourse fireball, meteor and frozen orb.

My current weapon is Gale song it has: +2 to fireball + 1 to frozen armor, Hit causing monster to flee 50%, 10 mana, cold resist 25%(I'm a bit over the cap on that one, so it would only go down to 61), and 25% fire resist.

The other one that I just found is Loath Whorl that has: 5% chance to cast lvl 3 chain lightening on attack, +1 to all fire skills, 10% faster cast rate, + 1 to chain lightening, hit causes monster to flee 100%, +12 to life, + 34 to mana and half freeze duration.

So it's better in all espect exept the resist. So my question is really how importent are the cold and fireresist? I've seen many mobs useing one or the other in this act, but is it worth the buff I get othervice from the new weapon? I'm playing pure, so no getting any super weapon from tradeing.

While I'm asking questions: is there any resist ( or other stats) I should try to max out for Baal, before I get to him? It's poision for Andarial, frost for Duriel, and fire and lightening for Diablo, but I never tried my hands on Baal before so don't know anything about him. And how hard is he compaired to Diablo f.eks?
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. Hector

Hector IncGamers Member

I'm not sure, both orbs are kind of similar... I guess I'd use the new one, though, for the +fire skills and extra Mana which is a big help early on during questing, but keep the other orb.

Baal uses mostly Fire (a fire nova-like attack) and Cold (cold wave), as well as some physical attacks, so your old orb would work well against him.

For general questing, the order of importance of resists in my opinion would be Lightning > Fire > Cold > Poison.