Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Why we love HC...

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Lord_Vega, Jul 26, 2013. | Replies: 26 | Views: 2534

1. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

2. ClaytonH

ClaytonH IncGamers Member

Have to agree with that. Nice post Vega :)
  3. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Yeah, I saw this one before, exciting stuff! Bit random play though, why are they going out alone and not together? The wizard was running a lot withoug dropping hydra/blizzard, I guess panic set in :)
  4. Lord_Vega

Not great gameplanning, that's true.. but damn if it wasn't exciting! I really feel the vid manages to convey in a really great way, the feeling of that "****, I am almost dead" moment, hehe.
  5. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Well, I've had enough of that for a bit, first ambushed with my monk by that Ares dude, honestly starting to panick with THAT many packs on screen. Then a few days later, my DH escapes death twice in 10 minutes by sheer luck.

I need some calm weeks :p
  6. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

We need some calm times, but we also really need those close calls as fresh reminders, too. My first Avani died at P51 mainly because it had been a very, very long time that I'd had even a close call that I had become just way too casual in my play style. Heck, she was P40 before I even realized I had not hot-keyed Mythic healing pots. Had them in my inventory, but had not changed the hot-key.

Close calls are very good. Live to fight another day, keeps that edge fresh and avoid a deeds.
  7. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Time to necro this thread :D

I log in, Mikee on the chat Wasaaaaa!. He's running keys A2 MP3, so I say let's do A2 MP5 key runs. I see Dominus/Stupified (Monk) online, so I invite him also. 3 monks, overawe+time of need+hard target. Add in cyclone strike and 3x Sweeping Wind and cue destruction! We we're cutting through the packs easily and did 2 runs in under 20 minutes, each getting keys. No to mention I found Manujama's weapon and off-hand in the first 2 minutes of the game :D Crappy rolls though :-(

So I say: "A3?" Mikee makes a game at MP6 (found out it was 6 later, thought it was 5). We start off, Mikee banzais off as usual and we do the first few packs. Nothing too bad and suddenly Mikee says: NDE procced!. Dominus and me were just behind and didn't see it, apparently succubus were the cause.

Then, not sure if remembering correctly, we do keeps 3 and get attacked immediately by an elite pack of demonic tremors. I know they were frozen, horde and arcane and they were hitting HARD. I was tanking the yellow one + 1 minion + 1 arcane beam all the time. I THOUGHT the other 2 monks were next to me, turns out they were fighting the other minons a bit further away... Had my finger on the serenity button all the time, health hovering around 50% mark, nerve wrecking stuff. If I had known I was on my own I'd probably run for it :p

So we survive the pack commenting "insane pack" etc. I'm missing some more exciting battles but Mikee has to leave after the first complete run. I asked Dominus for another round and he agreed, started A3 MP5 for round 2.

We start Arreat Crater and immediately we are getting 2 really tough packs, but we take them down like bosses :) Then we get an elite pack of phase beasts, horde and other stuff, we're surrounded by about 10-12 of them all hacking and slashing. I just keep hitting away tanking for my life, somewhere in the middle of that maelstrom of violence. Then a friend of Dominus joins and I'm like "nice, 50% more EHP for that pack, just what we needed". Suddenly I see Dominus dropping health quickly to 50%, and see him chatting "DONT PORT" to his paragon 6x friend WD. Probably the chat caused his health drop, he regains health and we out-tank the bastards.

The WD wisely decides to leave the game so we're back to 2. We go keeps 3 again, and AGAIN a crazy elite pack of those Tremors, arcane, frozen, jailer and something this time (poison?). We were hanging on by the edge of our teeth being frozen most of the time and getting in a hit or 2 in between. After 30 seconds I decide I had enough and ran for it, chatting 'run' to Dominus. He follows suit and we use the waypoint to bail out to town. Big sigh of relief, good decision, that pack was just insane.

So we go stonefort, and at the end encounter a pack of thousand pounders, arcane, frozen and more. One is off on his own, so I'm taking him down until I see Dominus dropping a flag some way off. I move over and think "Why?". They give chase and start to drop ice balls and arcane beams like MAD. We run out of frozen range, tack in couple of hits and have to run away quickly again for next round of frozen. So we move a big distance in 15 seconds trying to take them down this way but we run to the same stairway and both get frozen by the 4th or 5th blast. Dominus types "lol" and I laugh because it was quite funny. 1 second later we are surrounded by the 3 thousandpounders, still dropping frozen and arcane like they were on steroids. Not so funny anymore... I started to see death in the eye, because I was trapped in a little corner and afraid I could not Tempest Rush out of there. After some tense moments I finally make it out up the stairs, just as Dominus makes it out the other way. Getting some relief, we go in again and finish them off, but not without a tough fight.

Dominus types "remember that thread on Why I love hardcore?" and "it should have this vid". Alas no video, but hopefully my text has conveyed the feeling. 1 hour later eating dinner, I could still feel the adrenaline pumping through my vains :D I did some MP6 uber runs last Sunday, but that was a freakin walk in the park compared to this madness!

Closure remark from Dominus "you know why I like playing with Mikee?" -> "you always have a story to tell after :D"

PS Korn, I can finally understand that you died in A3 MP3 :p
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  8. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Wow great account to read while I'm waiting for the servers to come back on line! Wish there was a vid but you did a great job of retelling the battle! Thanks for posting!
  9. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

My joy :)

I did plenty of key runs at MP5-6 in A3 before patch v1.08, is it me or is it a far more dangerous place now? A1 feels safe and easy, A2 is a little tougher with bees etc, but then A3 is a spike again. Tremors, phase beasts, thousand pounders, those pesky poison stabbers, succubi, all really dangerous with the wrong affixes. I will skip Keeps 3 from now on, seen enough of those Tremors for some time to come... Now A4 on MP5, THAT would be interesting :p

Dominus and me both had Pacifism on the passive skill bar, I'm fairly sure it would have been 2 RIPs without, it really is a life saver in high MPs. People saying you can avoid frozen all the time are just wrong. We also both had Tempest Rush and that also shines in these situations. Serenity will only save you once and after 4 seconds you still have get out there or die.

Even if I didn't get close to popping NDE, I know with these damage outputs you can die in 2-3 seconds if you are not getting leech/LOH in. When things get hairy it is really important to keep attacking stuff to sustain, if you panic for a few seconds and start to only dodge stuff it's game over quickly...

PS Bah maintenance, even if it's just me being unable to check the AH in the morning before I go to work :p
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  10. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

Yeah, nice storytelling there, bro... Got my blood pumping :)
  11. Goffe

Goffe IncGamers Member

Hehe very nice Grishok! Glad i got out in time :) i dont use pacifism ;)
    Lets make some new stories soon again.
  12. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

We keep being amazed at you surviving up until now, with you doubling Vega's I AM SPARTAAA attitude :D

Affirmative!
  13. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Wow, love your story, haha!
  14. Sulle

Sulle IncGamers Member

very nice story Grishok. I love your enthusiasm. I wish I had some interesting stories to tell, since some of my close calls are with pkers, so those are pretty lame hehe.
  15. Kornkills

Kornkills IncGamers Member

A3 is the real **** :) Crazy monsters, more health, challenging terrain at times. Probably why for so long a3 runs were acceptable, it may of been the only effective exp run but it was also entertaining, every couple of games you would get a double pack and have to actually play for real.

Glad you made it out!

Cannot wait for loot runs... random tiles, random monsters. Going to be some serious fun and tense moments to be had. Bulls + maniacs + dark beserkers + succubusses hahahahahahah I can't wait for the challenge to return again.
  16. Lord_Vega

Great storytelling skills there, Grish!

I am with Korn on this, though I definitely will be playing well into the RoS expansion and beyond- all those new endgame modes will spark new life into the game, and will definitely spice things up from the mondane A1 runs we do now! Can't wait!

Oh...

AND I AM SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
  17. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

YOU ARE LUCKKKKY !!!! UA ftw.. but I never make it out of those situations so UA for me is a wasted skill ... But yes HC for the win .... :wave:
  18. Lord_Vega

I will have you know, TDS, that the method of "spartan hitting the bees with my face" is an ancient war method I've taken years to perfect and finesse... it's so deadly, actually, that I cannot teach you it without killing you (and me) in the proccess! :badteeth:

And yeah, UA FTW!
  19. Stupified

Stupified IncGamers Member

20. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

Ahahahaha! I know what to do the next 10 hours :badteeth: