Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why does Blizzard not care about D2 anymore?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by mjkittredge, Nov 7, 2013. | Replies: 15 | Views: 3067

1. mjkittredge

mjkittredge IncGamers Member

They still sell this game and make money off it. It's still enjoyed by tens of thousands of people world wide and spreads good will towards the company. D3 sold as much as it did because of the fan following this game created. Couldn't they find one programmer to work on this game part time, for basic things like communication about the date of ladder resets, or to fully test and put through the increased stash size patch? Or get rid of the TOS breaking spam bots? Or fix bugs with skills that have been in game from day one? (Fend still broken, for instance).

the amount of money and brand recognition this game has produced for Blizzard, and this is how they treat it, how they treat us now? Just because it's older and they've got 'hot' new projects, does that mean it should be completely abandoned other than keeping the servers on?

I would PAY Blizzard full price for another expansion to this beloved game, or even for just a new sizable patch. And I think millions of other people would too. Brilliant gameplay and itemization never gets old. Reminds me a little bit of SquareEnix letting their beloved old franchises fade into obscurity without sequels or remakes that their fans are dying for. They too moved onto new games that lost the flavor of the old and people don't like nearly as much. They built their massive following on the greatness of their old games, and then abandoned the concepts and methods that made them great.

2. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

NO

NONONONONONONONONONONONONO

The reason I play D2 is because it is a FINISHED PRODUCT. Its because they DON'T have a programmer on staff constantly pushing changes. That's the reason I quit WoW.

Give me a completed game with some bugs over a never-finished game with bugs that constantly gets redesigned and tweaked.

3. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

If they ever released another patch for this game, I would quit.

4. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Really?

Even though half of the skills are inconsistent with what they do and claim they do, various bonus don't work and the char screen is wrong about most things?

5. royalairfarce

royalairfarce IncGamers Member

D2 is great but still has countless bugs, could use quite an update. I don't think they still make money out of it.
    Doubt they will ever invest in D2 again , wouldn't look good on them with D3 already around. Still D3 has quite some potential.

6. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

Yes because I want a stable game. I don't have a lot of time to play, and I don't want to spend most of that time relearning gameplay mechanics constantly because some developer keeps pushing changes.

If you want constant changes, Blizzard has that on tap -- go play WoW. If you want a stable game, play D2.

7. Urkbrug

Urkbrug IncGamers Member

I don't think he's asking for constant upgrades and changes, but simply someone figuring out the stash issue, maybe a key to transfer items..stuff like that. A utility patch of sorts

8. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

No, he asked for another full expansion.

9. Urkbrug

Urkbrug IncGamers Member

or even for just a new sizable patch.

anyway, no need for an xpack, but some sort of patch would be useful.

10. jacksonLonghorn

jacksonLonghorn IncGamers Member

I love Diablo 2 too, but from an optimistic point of view I much rather see them not update Diablo 2 because that means they are not heading in the right direction, preserving old games is fine, like keeping the servers alive. But focusing on old games mean they aren't going head strong into the future.

We play Diablo 2 because we already love it, and don't want it to change. There are always mods if you want something different out of Diablo 2

11. bakayero

bakayero IncGamers Member

My opinion is that blizzard lost the game with d2 before 3-4 years.
    It was the right time to make up an new expansion or a 4 gb dlc.
    New graphics,new sprites maybe some new skills or classes.
    If blizzy did that thing that time we could still waiting for d3 to come out cause d2 would be full

12. valjus

valjus IncGamers Member

Very true. There are few things that bugs me just a little, but hey. Why to repair something that's already perfect? As long as they keep the servers alive I'm happy.

13. pharphis

It's not perfect. there are hundreds of bugs

14. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Ill second that.

But as a veteran myself, it would be boring at this point, to fix those bugs.

15. valjus

valjus IncGamers Member

Diablo 2 is perfect.

16. pharphis

When did it become perfect? When which bugs were fixed?
    Or was it always perfect, in which case they never would have fixed any bugs?