Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why do you play HC? How do you play HC?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by fordraceingman, Nov 23, 2012. | Replies: 9 | Views: 547

1. fordraceingman

fordraceingman IncGamers Member

Well I think this weekend im going to try my hand at HC for the first time so i'll be starting out fresh. I have a few questions though first of all does HC charaters share gold like SC? So if I make a HC charater and only play one if he dies I know I lose all the gear he has but will all the gold be gone also or will i have gold in the stash for another charater?

My other question is im thinking about doing a self found only and debaiting weather or not I should do it solo. Do any of you thats ever done a self found charater do you run any games online or do you do it all solo?

What do you do if say you think you can handle diablo and you start the fight and you findout you don't have the gear, do you quit the game or anything or you just have to take the death?

For you HC players who have taken quite a few deaths why do you contuine to remake charaters and deal with losing your charaters?

thanks
  2. fanstyg

fanstyg IncGamers Member

The stash and gold is shared with all your HC chars on your account so you wont loose that upon death.

Ive made a couple of monks with self found items. It works as long as you except to farm quite a bit when hitting inferno.

For me it is as i didnt play SC (only to lvl 10) so i could create HC chars i deleted the lvl 10 sc nub. I went through the complete game without knowing what to except so to say. So Ive had quite a few deaths that I probably wouldnt have experienced if I had played SC first. But as i got hooked on HC in D2 there was only 1 option to play D3. :) If i go into a bossfight its to the bitter end. If i havent prepered enough its restart. =)

Hardcore for life. I would NEVER and I repeat NEVER enjoy playing SC. So if i get bored of HC Ill quit the game.
  3. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

I play only solo and self found in HC, got a couple characters in the low 30s right now. Its very viable, at least before inferno I think.

You can always try to leave the game in a boss fight, but that takes 10 seconds of inactivity so you'll likely die anyways.

GL, I think you'll really enjoy it if you try it!
  4. mrmud

mrmud IncGamers Member

I have 4 lvl 60 self found HC characters with my main being in Act 3 mp0.
    This is without any deaths so self found is definitely viable, even in inferno. You just have to be more careful and be prepared to farm a bit longer in particular areas before moving forward.
  5. fordraceingman

When you play self found, do you still play online random games sometimes or do you only play solo?
  6. DZJB

DZJB IncGamers Member

Everything else seems to be answered, so I'll only answer your last question.

I only play solo in HC. Playing with randoms, I don't know. If you play with people who don't want to play together, you can get in trouble. If you know 3 other people whom you trust, I'd go for it though. If you disconnect, they can try and save you from dying, which is always a plus. However, playing with total random people is something I wouldn't do it HC.
  7. fordraceingman

well i was more so just wondering if you think playing in a party gets rid of the whole playing self found thing, but i figued playing with randoms im bound to meet a few people who are fun to play with ...
  8. DZJB

DZJB IncGamers Member

I'm self found and I occasionally play with other people in SC. If you don't trade with them that still counts as self found (or pick up items they drop for you).
  9. mesafalcon

mesafalcon IncGamers Member

my main reasons for me are :

- a more enjoyable economy, not as many item prices bombing and less crazy prices like 500mil + ...

- a sense of accomplishment as far as accomplishing quests

- an actual reason to level alts
  10. magicrectangle

magicrectangle IncGamers Member

Well unlike most of the posters here, I only play HC in groups. Solo I tend to like to just dick around on my softcore wizard. I do HC self found group play. (We swap drops between group members but no AH)

It is pretty fun. The fact that it is HC, and the fact that you have bad gear, forces you to stick together and work together a lot more than normal grouping does. My current group is in A1 inferno, and we haven't had to stop to grind gear at all during progression. We'll see if that holds when we move on to A2.

There was a while there where I was considering a 100% switch to hardcore only, but paragon levels and ubers gave me a reason to keep playing my softcore char.