Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Why do people love Sigon's so much?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Worldchrisis, Jul 11, 2008. | Replies: 17 | Views: 15129

1. Worldchrisis

Worldchrisis IncGamers Member

Why do people love Sigon's so much?

I just don't get it, I mean, its a decent low level set and it's pretty unique looking(especially on a pally), but why does it have such high trade value? I just went to a "Bring Sigons" game and a guy threw 3 pgems, ith, ort, and nef at me for my Sigons armor, I don't think I've ever clicked accept faster...
  2. fyyer

fyyer Banned

Re: Why do people love Sigon's so much?

It's all subjective. If you thought it was a good deal great, if not, great. Personally I think it's the only real lower level set worth wearing and collecting. It has nice life leech, decent mf, +skills, nice dr and ias for your character. It's a solid all around set with a real low level requirement.

:EDIT:

It's also pretty common drop and easy to collect.
  3. mugupo

mugupo Banned

Because those people who spend way too much time complete every single quest, and doesn't wanted get to high level or care getting elite item, sigon is very popupar especially before the expasion, was the best set back then, and also it shine bright and no doubt best set for low level when fully equip. Of course in later game.

4. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Iratha's was best set pre-LoD but sigon looks good from being all white I guess thats why trade value is high. In similar case druid pelts that are white with 2druid/3nado are more expensive than non-white colored 2druid/3nado pelts :azn:
  5. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

I don't like Sigon's at all. The full set doesn't offer anything really special and requires too much strength and I'd rather us a 2 part Death's than 2 part Sigon's any day.
  6. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

QFT. Death belt and gloves is what I use on all my twinked characters. No sigons in my twink stash.

7. Are

Are IncGamers Member

I like Angelic 2x rings, amulet, and armor pretty much for low-level chars, too. +1 skills and +100% MF is pretty neat :)

Sigon's shield is also very nice. It's the lowest level shield that gives +1 skills, and it also has very good block chance.
  8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

But a str req of 75.
  9. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

i like to combine sigons set with a civerbs cudgel and two cathans rings (for +20 str) and cathans amu.
    leveling through normal really gets easy this way.
  10. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

I prefer Deaths gloves/belt combo too, but you've got to remember Sigons is much easier to find. It's not hard to pick up all the pieces doing say, Hell Meph runs. Much harder to get Deaths gloves/belt that way.
  11. deadbeater

deadbeater IncGamers Member

An ideal mix low level is Sigon gloves, belt boots and helm, and maybe shield; and Angelic rings, amulet and armor. Opening weapon should be the forge hammer or Khalim's Will.

But mainly, Sigs, Angelics, etc are worn so we can actually play the game from level 6-29 as opposed to getting 'rushed' --ugh!
  12. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

I like the set. All parts of it are pretty useful sometime or another.

Helm and armor for a cheapo mercenary outfit, gloves and belt is great for early bowazons and other leech fiends, the shield works well for prebuffing, and the armor is one of the earliest sources of easy light res, making it nice to slip into as you hit Act 2.

Interesting idea - throwing cathan's rings and amulet on and hardly having to invest to get the set on. Using crushflange you could have +35 strength. Not that the mace will get you terribly far, but it's just an idea.

I don't mind the strength requirements as I never am anyways.

And I agree with deadbeater - It's much more fun playing through under your own power, even if you are twinked to the teeth.
  13. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Sigon's already adds a lot of ar/level when wearing the helm and another item of the set which usually gives a character 95% to hit anything but act bosses in normal mode IIRC, so I usually prefer to use Nokozan/Etlich/Mahim Oak, Manald and Cathan's or rares instead of Angelic rings+ammy.

Weapon: Civerb's, except for barbs who specialize in something else than maces or future IK barbs who should receive Steeldriver at L29 (to be upped to exceptional at L34).
  14. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

it rocks low levels, all types, skills, stats, AR, Def, resists, speed, and a wand/weapon slot free - Generally you can get the str needed with a few charms.
  15. sorcerben

sorcerben IncGamers Member

its really good to use both the sigons helm+ the gloves for a bowazon or a barb, as it gives awesome AR and also 30 IAS
  16. azzthom

azzthom IncGamers Member

It's relatively easy to find, and can be completed by repeat runs of fairly low-level areas. The bonuses are useful, though not spectacular. It doesn't have a weapon, which is a big plus for a paladin since sceptres can have such good bonuses. It's usefulness may not last long, but it's hard to beat for most of normal unless you get REALLY lucky with rares. In short, it's a good set to have available for new(ish) characters. I have it in a GoMule stash, and I'm willing to bet a lot of other people do as well.
  17. Mungojerry

Mungojerry IncGamers Member

Personally I think Death's glove+belt combo beats the whole set, especially since you can combine with Angelics set.
  18. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

I agree that it's a great option, but personally I used to use Sigons. Now I just use envy gear.