Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Who doesn't like Diablo 3?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Hideo, Jan 16, 2012. | Replies: 143 | Views: 7265

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hideo

Hideo Banned

Who doesn't like Diablo 3?

It's kind of weird to ask this question on a fan site, but I would like to know your opinion. Tell me what you DON'T like about Diablo 3. I'm a long time D1 and D2 player and I really wanted this game to be great. However, IMO, it's not great and I will probably not buy it anytime soon. Please enumerate the problems and flaws you see and maybe give some justification. I will kick off:

1. Health orbs.
    2. No skill choice.
    3. Not stat choice.
    4. Childish graphics.
    5. Bad interface (inventory etc.).
    6. Weird classes (Demon Hunter, Witch Doctor).
    7. Free skill change.
    8. Weird design choices (all dmg increase form weapon etc.)
    9. Small item icons.
    10. WoW style crafting.
    11. To similar to WoW.

There are so many things I don't like about this game it's amazing. Funny thing, as of January 2012 I still play D2 on ladder.
  2. Overpowerd

Overpowerd IncGamers Member

Re: Who doesn't like Diablo 3?

I dont like 10 characters limit, RMAH (not that I hate it hard, but I think game would be better without it), 30-60 deadzone, boring gems (4 types, only Helm and Other effect - where is Weapon?!), some stats like +dmg vs monster type etc. missing. Everything else is great.

EDIT: Also, I dont like people who hate on WoW without any really significant reason and people who hate D3 just because it is not D2.
  3. Nytemare

Nytemare Banned

So basically your complaint is, "Anything that isn't exactly like D1/D2 I hate"?

K, I'll offset.

I like health orbs, makes sense to reward the character for playing and fighting instead of how fast they can spam potion chug.
    There's more skill choice available than in either D1 or D2.
    Stat points were an illusion of customization with a mathematically correct answer. The game will be better balanced without manual stat point allocation.
    I love the painterly styled graphics.
    The interface is vastly improved over D2.
    Free skill changes are awesome and encourages as much or as little experimentation as the player wants.
    Having all damage come from weapons is an awesome change that helps not only in balancing but also gives casters something awesome to look forward to when a new weapon drops.
    The crafting system in D3 is world away better than the crafting in previous games and makes the game SO much better. In d2 you could spend 10 hours playing and not get anything. In d3 you could also spend 10 hours playing and not getting anything, but you'll have the materials to be able to craft a ton of rares. This is SO much better than D2.
    "Too similar to WoW" - WoW is an awesome game, and pretending like there aren't valuable lessons to be learned from it or awesome design ideas that shouldn't be directly lifted from it and put into D3 is ignorant.
  4. Lolzebracakes

Lolzebracakes IncGamers Member

Dont know if I should reply to this since it is a troll post but I will give it a whirl anyway...

Gonna start off by saying that - You have not even played the game so why are you knockin it?

(Sorry for english I am on a time restraint)

1. Health orbs - They added these to change the flow of combat. I personally love this idea because I HATED switching potions around/loading up my belt. Is this a bad idea? No.

2. No skill choice - The "skill choice" is in the rune system. Yeah you all have the same abilities but when you actually look at "builds" there are TONS.

3. No stat choice - This one is kind of middle ground for me. I dont like it but I dont hate it. Kinda nice that there is one less thing to do when you level up now tho.

4. Graphics - They chose this style of graphics because it makes the game last longer. Look at wow. When it first came out everyone was all - "OMG SO CARTOONY" but i mean look at it now it looks like it hasnt aged and its been around for 7 years.

5. Bad interface - Pretty the interface is 10x better than the old ones. I HATED not being able to pick up items because I had all this useless crap in my inventory.

6. Weird Classes - What did you want? All the same classes from diablo 2? Boring.

7. Free skill change - Once again I am going to point you at the rune system. You will be glad that you have a free respec because your skills are always going to be changing until you find something that you like.

8. Design Choice - They did what they felt was best. If the numbers add up and everyone does roughly the same damage thats ok by me.

9. Small item icons - What does this even mean?

10. Wow style crafting - I am sorry but crafting is crafting is crafting. It is the same in EVERY GAME I have ever played. Besides why would they not go with a wow style of crafting? It has worked in the past it will work again.

11. To similar to wow - This is not wow. You will get a whole different feel if you play it.

You can stick to your 10 year old game/outdated ideas. I will play the new one :)
  5. Hideo

Hideo Banned

I like Torchlight, really. I like WoW too. But I just DON'T like Diablo 3 at all. It's not a well designed game. It's a mess.
  6. Nytemare

Nytemare Banned

So far you've failed to actually justify this in any way. Would you like to attempt to?

7. Bandreus

Bandreus IncGamers Member

I really don't like the game is not out yet...

I also don't like the online-only thing. I'm okay with the AH (I just wont use the RMAH). Everything else looks pretty amazing to me.

oh yeah, did I state I hate the game is not out yet already? :p
  8. Hideo

Hideo Banned

Apparently you want to fight with me instead of sharing your concerns for the game. So be it. I will justify my objections.

1. Health orbs.

Health orb concept is from an arcade game. In reality, there are no orbs which give you health. While it can be justified that monsters drop items, there is no way to explain why a zombie drops something which heals you when you walk on it. I don't say that the old system was perfect. I just say that the new system is far from good. Those health orbs break atmosphere of the game. Diablo has always been very dark and mature, while orbs make it look like a Rayman clone, for 9yo boys.

2. No skill choice.

In D2 you started with no skills and you choosed them all during game. You could have only the skills you choosed. In D3 you get everthing as you level up. There is no choice. Rune system is not choice it's just "customization". There is a FINE difference between creating a BUILD and "customizing" you character. In D3 you don't build a char. You "customize" it. I prefer to BUILD.

3. No stat choice.

Old system was far from perfect, but it was interesting. There was a lot of subtlety within it and tweaking your stats to perfection was a lot of fun. New system is for casual gamers, who can't understand agility in D2 and have no patience for it. It's for casual gamers.

4. Childish graphics.

WoW target demographic are boys 12 and up. Diablo has always had a much more mature player base. Diablo 3 style is much more attractive to 10yo boys who watch Disney than 30yo guys, like me.

5. Bad interface.

Did you notice how all lore is presented in D3? I mean those ridiculous "audio logs" which you listen too, while killing monsters? This look so weird when you kill monsters and Cain talks to you out of nowhere. There are SO MANY better ways to implement that.

6. Weird classes.

In D3 we had classics like a Paladin, Sorc, Amazon, Druid etc. In D3 we have some kind weird experiments like WD and DH. BTW, Demon Hunter is a name of a Warcraft character? It should make you think about this game and WoW.

7. Free skill change.

Skill change should have a PRICE. Price should not be large, but it should be there, so that people think twice before they make a decision.

8. Weird design choices.

How is that my Wizard will have all his damage derived from a weapon? Should HERO combat effectiveness be derived only from his weapon? It's a mess, not good design.

9. Small item icons.

In D2 an armor took a lot of space and looked rally cool, esp. with a rune word. In D3 all items look timid, no matter how powerful they are. It's much worse that D2.

10. WoW style crafting.

There are countless ways to implement crafting. Going WoW way might not be the best there is.

11. To similar to WoW.

WoW is a fine MMO. However Diablo 1 and 2 were NOTHING like WoW. Now, D3 looks to me pretty similar to WoW in many ways. I don't like it.
  9. niesent

niesent IncGamers Member

GO troll elsewhere. Don't buy D3, and don't post or lurk here ever again, we don't wan't ya. Get outta here!
  10. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

oh god its starting again there is no god
    On the contrary, there is a sizable population here that does want this and revels in this.
  11. Mucky

Mucky IncGamers Member

I'm sorry to hear that D3 isn't for you. I hope you have fun with whatever games you decide to pursue. :wave:
  12. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

At first I was butthurt too about all these changes, but then I realized that it wouldn't be D3 without them. It would just be D2 with updated graphics and a new storyline.

Games need to evolve over time. A game without changes is not a successor, but a placeholder.
  13. Overpowerd

Overpowerd IncGamers Member

True. Yes, I am looking at you, Call of Duty.

14. Hideo

Hideo Banned

Personally, I'm surprised how bad D3 is. If it wasn't for Bliizzard and Diablo brands, I wouldn't even notice this crap game. I love D2 LoD, but I think D3 is lame. Is this "evolution"?
  15. Lolzebracakes

Lolzebracakes IncGamers Member

You have not even played the game... Is this evolution? Yes it is. You are resisting the inevitable change.

16. FluffyTheFluffer

FluffyTheFluffer IncGamers Member

Hideo, you don't do anyone any favors when you cross the line from valid critique into negative trolling.

I think many of the new mechanics are flawed, and think the game will have a few deep issues that make for less replayability than the earlier games, but some elements are going to be awesome. Maybe far from $60 of awesome, but still awesome, especially the possibilities with the arena. At the very least, in terms of incredible background art, great animation and sound design, you're going to see most of the hundred million bucks spent developing the game on the screen.
  17. Urzuxo

Urzuxo IncGamers Member

@Hideo

1. Valid point. I personally like health orbs and don't think they are out of place, but I can understand your opinion.

2. In D3 you do create builds, only that they are adjustable. If this is what you call customization then so be it but you have to agree that the only difference between D2 and D3 is that skill choices aren't set in stone. Do you really want to remake an entire character if you make a mistake with your skill points?

3. The new system makes it easier for casual players to effectively use the system, yes. But that doesn't mean that skilled players can't still create awesome "stat builds" that are close to perfection as well. Look at it this way, in D3 the tools to achieve perfection are remade so they are easier to use but the effects are the same as in D2 (D3=items increase stat points, D2=point distributing increases stat points).

4. I agree that D3 looks more childish than D2. I'm not so upset about it though, because it looks visually great and the content itself is mature. That more than compensates the fact the graphics look a bit childish (only a bit, not much childish imo).

5. Imo the interface in D3 is marvelous. It might be that you haven't learned how to use the interface in D3 yet, therefor you mistake it as just being plain bad.

6. It's a new game and I'd like it much more if it was fresh. Remember, all of the D2 characters were experiments at some point as well.

7. As of now the runestone system hinders you to change skills freely when you get into the later levels. Lvl 1-30, you are still learning and therefor it is good that you can easily change skills, because that makes for easier learning.

8. Since you don't seem to bother comparing the pros of this particular feature, I won't bother typing any.

9. In D3 you can see the items on your character instead (remember, each armor looks different on each class).

10. This isn't the WoW way. The resource gathering is very different and time spent crafting is also different. Overall, it's a different system but with the same basic principle= Turn resources into items.

11. I see. There are games out there that aren't even from the same companies that are very similar. If you want a completely different game that's dark and scary, try Amnesia.
  18. Bowzer

Bowzer <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a><br>D

That is so true, I've seen it for every single sequel or new game of a series. There is always a small vocal minority of players that absolutely cannot stand change.

I have been guilty of this myself for games like Lineage, Baldurs Gate, Quake, Zelda, and many more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

We get this grandiose idea of what the game is going to be in our heads, and when the reveal finally comes there is no way that it can live up to our outrageously high expectations.

I went back and played Diablo 2 as recent as a month ago, and it's not really as perfect as everyone pretends it is.

19. Fromtheshad

Fromtheshad IncGamers Member

Hello

I don't Like:

- followers
    - no chat, like in Diablo 2 (less social game, sad ;-()
    - 4 players in one game
    - rune system now
    - party finder

I am worry about:
    - >_> Inferno can be less difficulty like D2 hell is now ( In D2 we had immune )
    - no co-op between players like in D2 (auras, curses, warcryes, imbues etc)

Extended
    Rune System:
    Do you remember first videos of Rune System?
    There was Wizzard using Teleport skill, and then, they add into it that skill some sort of hit attack.
    Well, they made me eager with combination of skills. I thought it would be enormous of combination. [ Now we have, a lot of skills with different colors, it's no change at all, only script for dmg is changing. I expected for example Whirlwind with sort of rune teleportation it could be show up various place on the area, or gravitation rune, where instead of his body he could Whirlwind his enemis, or shacke rune, where he could shackle from 20 yards skeleton and while spining with him do dmg, like fan or something. ]

Well Last time I saw that in 2008
    Here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmWZ7c3jfZg&feature=related

Cheers
  20. Bandreus

Bandreus IncGamers Member

omg his troll level is OVER 9000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.