Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which would be more beneficial for a hammerdin?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by DCypherDET, Nov 29, 2005. | Replies: 9 | Views: 929

1. DCypherDET

DCypherDET IncGamers Member

Which would be more beneficial for a hammerdin?

I was wondering which would be more beneficial for a hammerdin, offensive gcs or combats. I was wondering because there is concentration and blessed aim in offensive, and blessed hammer and holy shield in combat. Which would be a better route, either one works not worried about price just wondering which would give a better benefit to my hammerdin, I currently do 11k-11k dmg.
  2. Moogleofdoom

Moogleofdoom IncGamers Member

I'd go combat, myself.

I guess it comes down to doing more damage or picking up more defense.
  3. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

im going offensive. i have 7 in my invent and its working like a charm. not as strong hammer damage (12k) but i give my friends zon and barb sexy conc aura ;)
  4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Combat gc's raise your hammer's damage by far more than offensive gc's.
    Since it also boosts holy shield, well, just even better...

Offensive gc's, they do boost your aura, but the benefit from a combat skiller that gives you an additional slvl to your hammer gives more raw damage.
    Keep in mind that hammer recieves synergies too, so the damage will go up quite a bit, and that conc only gives 50% of its listed damage bonus to hammers.

The blessed aim synergy won't be boosted by +skills, only from skills actually "invested" in the skill.

Combat gc's are the best way to go. That might explain why they are more expensive :)
  5. kingdryland

kingdryland IncGamers Member

In a fully synergized hammerdin,combat skillers give 300+ extra damage and boost holy shield. Offensive ones give a bit less than 200dmg and that's all. As it was mentioned,only hard points spent in synergies count.
  6. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

i can get combats any day but i stick with offensives. but heres the sacrifice:

damage isnt really the problem, it shouldnt even be a factor in deciding what you want to use. i hit 12k without using combats and i dont even have a pally torch, with one i expect 13k-14k damage, more than enough to kill any character.
    my high level conc aura (Thanks to offensive) lets my friends barb and bowzon to kill pretty much anything in duels in a couple hits as well. the loss is my defence suffers because i dont use combats.

so the switch? combats = more defence.
    offensive = more party friendly.
  7. kingdryland

Combats also grant more hammer damage (it is a fact) and make your smite and charge stronger...
  8. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

smite is irrelavant because any hammerdin with any level smite will kill any zon. i already explained the hammer damage part and charge.. well ya you'll have higher damage charge. but really its just either the defence or party friendly choice. maybe ill switch to combats later in my d2 life but i love having my friends GA do 10k :D
  9. kingdryland

Well it is not all out pvp you know,smite can be very useful against mana burn monsters or those wailing beasts...
  10. SexxyRexxy

SexxyRexxy IncGamers Member

I myself would go with combat, I have before and it works amazing.