Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which is the greater spectacle

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Eeryck, Apr 30, 2012. | Replies: 9 | Views: 506

?

At release of D3 which will you find more Entertaining?

1. The game proper, with complete immersion

22 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. The community breaking-the-game and Blizzard trying to stop them

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Eeryck

Eeryck IncGamers Member

Which is the greater spectacle

With two weeks to release and not a whole lot more to discuss with Beta closing, I got to thinking what will be the greater source of entertainment for me.

Part of me believes that the game itself will be the greatest spectacle and the most entertaining

However, there is part of me that thinks the most interesting thing about D3 will be how people attempt to break-the-game through exploits, be it leveling exploits, boss kill exploits, map reveal exploits, etc. and Blizzard's response or non-response.

I think both will be quite amusing, I am just not sure which one will be more amusing!
  2. ahwolf

ahwolf IncGamers Member

Re: Which is the greater spectacle

The game by a million miles. If I'm looking to break stuff I'll just look around the house. And I hope by God that the people who will try to break it have the hardest time imaginable and a heavy blow of the banhammer straight to the face.
  3. Eeryck

Eeryck IncGamers Member

While I would love to see an "ideal" game, there are just too many Marckos and Athenes in this world.
  4. ahwolf

ahwolf IncGamers Member

I fail to see what Athene has to do with breaking the game? Breaking the game for me means that my personal gaming experience is in any way affected by others. For Diablo that largely translates to affecting the economy in an unhealthy way.
  5. Amarules

Amarules IncGamers Member

While I don't want to see the game wrecked, everything is fixable and I find the cat & mouse between the two parties very fun to observe...just as my favourite day in beta was the "we got past the gate" day, if only because it stood out from all the others. It was fun getting to try it out at the time.

Yay for being the first on team blue.
  6. Andy2702

Andy2702 IncGamers Member

I think the second option should include stuff like "people's responses to markets and item/gold valuation"

I chose the second option because I'm a cynic :p.
  7. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

The game proper, for sure. I probably won't even be looking at websites much once I get the game because I'll be using my free time to play the darn thing! :p
  8. Eeryck

Eeryck IncGamers Member

I was just using him as an example of an exploiter that that community gets a bit outraged about. There are always people looking for a bit of e-fame. It amuses me.

It is this kind of thing that people tend to flock to. I am sure the game will be excellent and entertaining. I just think the plethora of everything else that is the circus around the game may be even more amusing.

I don't think it is so much of being a cynic as it is watching people. With so many people motivated in so many ways about this game and the fact that it will draw so many players. The drama in the first few days may be better than the game play experience.

I guess it is the people watcher in me that is interested to see how the community reacts as a whole. What trends, where people become outraged, etc.

9. Srikandi

Srikandi IncGamers Member

It will be entertaining for sure, yes :)

MORE entertaining than the game? I hope not ;) At least during the first week after release!
  10. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

I managed to stay out of the D2 online fray almost entirely, especially in the earlier days, and I'm pretty sure it was more fun not knowing all the different ways things were broken. I didn't know what Enigma was until probably 2008 or something.