Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which aura do I use for Zealot?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Holy Dude, Sep 8, 2013. | Replies: 8 | Views: 2212

1. Holy Dude

Holy Dude IncGamers Member

I know Fanatic aura is best for speed, but what about the holy element auras? I hear they provide pretty good Zeal damage when maxed
  2. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

It looks like you're partially answering your own question: Fanaticism is the most prevalent, but other auras work too. Holy Fire/Shock/Freeze are viable with Zeal. They each run into an immunity problem in Hell, but the problem is not insurmountable (the physical damage from Zeal can be strong enough to destroy cold-immune monsters by itself, albeit at a reduced speed compared to the monsters that are not immune). Conviction, which can drive most elemental resistances well below 0 and shred enemy defense, is great with Zeal combined with equipment that can proc elemental damage.
  3. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Another good note, would be that lifesteal/manasteal does not count elemental damage. Only physical.

So if you use Holy Freez/Shock/Fire Aura, you will steal less life/mana.
  4. Holy Dude

Holy Dude IncGamers Member

So which aura would easily finish for example, a chaos run?
  5. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

That all depends on gear. There is no one aura that is strictly superior to all others in every situation. I know from experience that both a standard Grief/Fortitude zealot with Fanaticism and an auradin with Conviction can bulldoze the Chaos Sanctuary with impunity. A paladin using Zeal and one of the elemental damage auras would get slowed down when running into monsters that are immune to the aura they're using, but they could still easily finish it, just not quite as quickly. A frost zealot would get slowed down by Oblivion Knights, for example.
  6. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Fyi.

That build depends on Dual Dreams, or other items that provides an Aura when equipped.
  7. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

Yeah, in my case I used Clervis' auradin, with dual Dreams, Dragon, and Hand of Justice. The CS was very easy (while he was in his low to mid 90's, I was alternating between the CS and the WSK). It would be easy for some other Conviction/Zeal paladins too, I'm sure, but that's the one I have the most experience with.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  8. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Ive got a Conviction Pala, using Vengeance.

Hes filled with 1-30 to 2-80 light dmg, smallcharms. He uses dual dream, and BotD. Hes pretty mean! ;)
  9. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

Yeah, BotD on an Avenger is awesome. Another paladin archetype that I've mopped up the Chaos Sanctuary with, although it was several years ago. One could pilot that paladin through Hell and never know or care which monsters are immune to which elements.