Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where does one begin?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by FoodCritic, Apr 5, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 2000

1. FoodCritic

FoodCritic IncGamers Member

Hi all,
    I bought the game on release, got 3 60's, then quit, but never did any "end-game." Now I want to. As a new person, what do I do? What achievements should I seek, what is my objective? I'd like to farm nice gear to sell. What unlocks / attunements should I get?

I'm just looking for a compass to get started. Thanks all! Anything helps.
  2. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

There's not really any kind of unlock/attunement system. This isn't WoW.

In general, here are the things to "do":

1. Gain Paragon levels and find gear -- this is best done by running the most efficient A3 areas, ad naseum, on the highest MP setting where you can kill things without slowing down. (This will depend on your gear / skills / how you play.)

2. New Archon crafting plans. These can be bought from the AH for cheap, but drop from two sub-bosses in each Act. These give you a chance to craft an item with a high mainstat or vit roll of your choice. In order to do this a lot, you'll need to have a fair bit of gold, Tomes of Secrets, Inferno-level crafting mats, and the new Demonic Essence drop (which has 25%ish chance to drop off of any elite you kill, including resplendent chests, goblins, events, and bosses). Note that you'll need Perfect Square gems and Brimstones in order to craft the amulets.

3. Infernal Machine. Each Act has a keywarden, which has a % chance to drop a key correlated with the MP you're playing on (5% for MP0, 10% for MP1, 20% for MP2, up to 100% on MP10). The A4 keywarden drops the plan for the Infernal Machine, each other Act's keywarden drops a key specific to that Act. Combining all 3 keys opens a portal to one of three uber battles -- Ghom+Rakanoth, SK+Maghda, or ZK+Siegebreaker. These uber bosses have the same % chance enumerated above to drop a crafting component. Combining one crafting component from each battle lets you craft a Hellfire Ring, which rolls random stats, has a weak proc fireball effect, and increases your Paragon experience gained by 35%. Note that keys and Hellfire Ring crafting components won't drop unless you have 5 NV stacks.

That's really about it.
  3. ADest

ADest IncGamers Member

You never did any end game, because there ISN'T any end game. The only thing to do after you've reached 60, is to try and reach 160. To that effect I'd suggest making one of the first, if not the first items you buy a helmet with a socket in it. You can get an Andariel's Visage for cheap with a socket, and it has pretty good stats for every class. Throw the best Ruby you can afford to make/buy in the helmet, and then start trying to farm up a Hellfire Ring. If you want even more XP, buy or farm a Leoric's signet. You can put these rings on your Follower too, but starting in 1.08 you'll want to play multiplayer for the added XP instead. At around Paragon level 70 you'll start seeing legendaries drop a lot more.
  4. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

My plan? Just farm a1 for a while, pick up all rares and magic items, sell salvage mats and gems you find, if you can't use the rares, then buy some very cheap gear and proceed to a3 public games. When you get some upgrades, just start running a3 until you can start doing ubers, then, after getting a single infernal ring, start farming more a3, at mp1 and proceed higher as you can.