Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where can I farm to gear up for Inferno?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by fordraceingman, Mar 10, 2013. | Replies: 2 | Views: 3602

1. fordraceingman

fordraceingman IncGamers Member

So i'm half way though act 1 hell and im playing a barb im doing the no AH self found / crafted route and 99% of it is solo.
    Where in Hell does decent gear have a chance to start dropping so I will feel safer pushing into inferno.

My guess would be just farming Act3 Hell but I would like to know before I spend too much time farming if there isn't a chance for much to drop there.

Also I think just salvanging yellows and blues I find for crafting might get me some of my better gear but im not sure just looking for advice.

thanks

2. Malentros

Malentros IncGamers Member

Act 3 Hell is your best bet. Up the MP level as you get better gear. You can still get ilvl 61/62 drops there to salvage for the top end crafting mats, but no Tomes of Secret (or ilvl 63 items I believe, but don't quote me on this). I suggest A1 Inferno when you're at 40k hp, 600+ AR, 6k Armor, good regen/LoH and a few defensive abilities on the bar. You'll also start seeing Demonic Essences and the new crafting recipes there which will be essential for getting your character well geared on self-found only.

3. Arirmind

Arirmind IncGamers Member

You can farm some on act 3 hell and once it feels comfortaple i would try step in act 1 inferno as early as possible for those ilvl63 rares. From act 1 you can already find something eternally useful stuff and you should spend a lot time there. Once you feel that you can do the farming in act 3 inferno go kill bucher and progress through act 2.

So:
    1) Farm some in act 3 hell. Not too much since inferno is nerfed pretty well and barbarians imho need the least gear to survive there. Early part is so much easier that you can almost try and come back to act 3 hell if it feels too hard.
    2) Farm a lot in act 1 inf. No reason to risk anything vs bucher or act 2 untill you are sure that you can survive act 3. I would say around 20k dps should be comfortaple in act 3 with some added all res. 15k damage is propaply the minimum. Barbarians have so nice defencive passives + impunity warcry that it really makes up for a lot of defencive gear.
    3) Farm act 3 some or for eternity
    4) progress through act 4.