Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's your fastest Baal run time?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by zgpmf, Jul 19, 2012. | Replies: 30 | Views: 3312

1. zgpmf

zgpmf IncGamers Member

I build a Javazon few days ago for my another 99 project and I decided to go for Baal runs this time until 98. I noticed that my runs with her are quite faster and safer than with a Sorc.

I found a video from Denton on Youtube and his fastet runs are around 2:20, but I doubt that is still the record because the
    video is more than 5 years old.

So I was wondering what is the current Baal run record and what is your personal record and with which char?

Edit:
    I mean p1/p8/p3.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

I think someone here managed a run sub 2:00 with a lightning sorc. It involved a merc with Delirium; if the only monsters left are converted, the next wave will be summoned anyway. A neat trick, really.
  3. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

i don´t think on that time there is much left to improve. since the introduction of infinity there haven´t been any major changes that would make a difference for the biggest damage dealers (javazon, lightsorcs, paladin), exception being light mastery being nerfed and paladins thrown out of the baal-picture completely when it comes to speed, due to wave 2. so if at all, run-times should slow down instead of records being broken.

iirc denton had a fully decked out light-sorc for todays standard (infinitiy, griffon, ..., packed with light skillers) and an awesome map.
    beating this time should be hard or close to impossible

i think my /p3 run time was always in the 5-8 minutes window, with mediocre gear and either blova or blizz/fw build

edit: but it seems i stand corrected
  4. zgpmf

zgpmf IncGamers Member

Yeah, but I kill them even before merc has the chance to touch them.

I managed a 2:07 and few runs before was 2:16.
    It's of course p3/p8/p3.

5. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

How's that? I'd say 1/8/3 was correct.

As for my own personal best i have no idea. I don't time it and note runs with pen and paper instead of a runcounter.

6. zgpmf

zgpmf IncGamers Member

It's a typo.:)
  7. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

8. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

A few players have done runs just around the 2 minute mark. I believe Zaliqai holds the "official" SP record with a 1:57 run or such which he posted a video of. I think you can get close to 1:50 under ideal conditions and with flawless execution.

I have done 1:42 in multiplayer (bnet) but I don't think you can get the combined killing power and teleport speed to reach that in SP.

I think if you can hold 25 runs per hour you're doing very well and will get to the higher levels very fast. If you're clvl 93 or less it may even be worthwhile to skip baal himself to maximize exp gain efficiency.
  9. frozzzen

frozzzen IncGamers Member

2:03 with my lvl 99 amazon but with Delirium helm. Not geared for efficiency but for lvl 99. (I could add 9 skills and -15 elr if I would focus on fastest run + one fcr faster teleporting speed while retaining 100% pierce).

Zal had 1:59:5x - just couple milliseconds (?) from 2 min mark and he even got empty throne (cheating :p)
    Zon should be perfectly viable for sub 2 min run, but you WILL NEED fantastic map. Sadly I lost mine when picking NM ancients so one I have now is suboptimal for such attempt.
  10. zgpmf

zgpmf IncGamers Member

I did 2:05 last night, I tried to find a better map and died at clvl 96, I settled for nearly the same map. I just don't have the patience for looking for a better map. I'm only going for 98 in here so why bother.
    I use Thunderstroke only for for Baal himself, he goes down much faster that way.

Thanks for replies guys, they were very helpful. :)
  11. Xena1985

Xena1985 IncGamers Member

Hmm how are you guys doing Baal runs so fast? My times are 5:18 p1 and 6:13 p3 I'm running it with a pimped out frenzy barb.I haven't re-rolled any maps. I've got a good level 3 but a poor level 2. Do you just tele or run past literally everything that's not in the throne room? I engage every boss or champion pack along the way which is why I don't mind the long level 2. I treat it like a level 85 area with cherries in top by cherries I mean the waves and Baal of course. Should I keep re rolling to get an optimal level 2 and 3 and run Baal just for the waves and himself?
  12. spearv

spearv IncGamers Member

I'm guessing a Frenzy barb will never get a competitive time, they just don't have the ridiculous AOE damage that some casters can pack. And Decrepify must be a PITA?
  13. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Sounds like you answered your own question.

Tele past everything, kill minions as fast as possible, kill baal. Make sure the map is as short as you can reasonably make it.
  14. Xena1985

Xena1985 IncGamers Member

Decrepify isn't that bad which is why I love this char. On players 1 everything dies with one hit anyway, movement is not noticibly affected and as for swing rate it's weird sometimes I see a slight but always noticible decrease othertimes it seems the swing rate is unaffected. My main problem are conviction gloams since I can't leech them. I always burn through a rejuv or 2 especially on players 3. I'll try it with my cold sorc but I've had disappointing results running diablo. I just can't deal with cold immunes and when I'm fighting a whole screen full of badies I get hit and it hurts. She runs both pindle and LK in 20-25 seconds though :)

Edit: I tried it. It took way longer than the frenzy barb. The main problem was 3.... 3! vampires cold immune which took my merc like a minute or 2 to kill I could only watch. And then those bloody skeletons in wave 2 killed me and the merc as well :( The merc can be remedied since I can boost his resists from 60 to 75 and make him cold immune with some gear swapping. but those skeletons will take me forever until I make an infinity. I'm saving up for one but 3 Ber's are a high price to pay.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  15. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Baal's cold immune skeletons are unbreakable anyway so infinity would not help. Lightning sorc is the way to go there.

I have a question regarding p8 Baal runs. If I kill all the monsters on the spot, the drops pile on top of each other and make a big mess. Now I'm paranoid about leaving a high rune or something on the ground because of mess ( main reason I switched from trav running baba to zealot ). So I draw the fourth and fifth wave a little back- just put the decoy a little farther back and retreat down the hall. I think it's helping, but wave 1-3 still drop on top of each other. I haven't found a way to lure them at all. Wonder if anyone else has dealt with the problem?
  16. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

My only solution to that problem is occasionally in between waves I would spam a lot of the pots on the ground, if I had nothing better to do at the time, and pick up gold. Could help, if you're missing a chunk of life or mana, and don't have regeneration, and since pots take up most of the room it's awesome.
    I guess if you run with a more or less full inventory so that picking up and drinking pots is impractical, you could leave a slot or two in your belt for life/mana and spam those (if you don't already do this - I personally go full juvs everywhere when I can)

hope that helps!
  17. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Has frozzen or someone made a better -unofficial- record since summer?
  18. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

That's your job, Corr. :badteeth:

What are the fastest runs as far as other characters are concerned? Maybe hearing something decent would motivate others to give it more of a go.
  19. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Let's start with not so decent time. :p
    3:10 with barb. But I'm not happy with that. For average time, ok, but for fastest, not.
  20. Dazliare

Dazliare IncGamers Member

I had a 2:48 tonight on my light sorc, but I don't have griffs yet, so that should get faster :)