Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's the earliest level you can make a d/c resistant Barb?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Steven Hazani, Jun 28, 2013. | Replies: 12 | Views: 1013

1. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

I'm thinking 20, for Inspiring Presence + high life. Can it be done sooner? I'm asking because I'm rather annoyed at having my first barb that was going well die to a 15 second load time. I don't want to repeat my mistake, but I know Blizzard's servers are shaky at best, so I want a character that can survive that sort of thing.

I've literally just started today so I don't exactly have a ton of gold to throw around.
  2. VagrantKing

VagrantKing IncGamers Member

I would say lvl 15.

Socket items start at lvl15. So buy as many items with sockets and fill them with high level Amythysts and you are set!

edit: if you need some amythysts, hit me up on HC US: fenrir#2588

Then just to be safe, make sure you play mp0 and you're pretty invincible.

If you have a Vit Hellfire Ring, then you are pretty much d/c proof at lvl 1.
  3. Steven Hazani

I had a good vit/socket/ammy chest, no pants/helm because I couldn't afford them and ended up with over 1k. Wasn't enough to take a group of cultists for 15 seconds without being able to attack them.

All my hc stuff is on EU, and I'm also doing MP10 as long as possible. Aside from that I was fine, once I got some vit items they didn't hit so hard and elites were dying in a few hits. It was great.

Just wish I had another ruby dagger.

Pro sniping ftw.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  4. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Long load times isn't due to slow servers, it's due to so much stuff being loaded from your hard drive to start a new game. The best way to eliminate that is to buy a Solid State Drive (SSD) for your computer and move your Diablo 3 game files over to it. You don't have to reinstall Windows, you can set up the SSD as a slave and just move your D3 game files over to it and run the game from the SSD. New game load lag eliminated as well as the in-game stutter.

Now, if you can't do that, the best way to avoid new game load lag is to always start a new game in a "safe" area with low monster count and play for a bit before entering any overly-hostile areas. This gives the game the chance to load stuff from your hard drive on a more gradual basis rather than hitting it with a heavy load right off the bat.

Side note on the SSD: I had to upgrade to Windows 7 to get my SSD to work. Couldn't get WinXP to recognize it. Windows 7 it was a breeze.
  5. Steven Hazani

I'm aware of that problem, asset load was the bane of my existence until I got a flash drive. Then it went away. If it was asset load it would have occurred earlier when I first encountered cultists, or during the past 3 hours.

It might be something about Leoric's Manor though. Stonefort's also a lag spot even with the new drive.
  6. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Alternatively, you can get a large platter drive and partition it to use only a small percentage of the fastest (last) part of the drive. I partitioned my 1 TB drive (5900 rpm) to only use the last 250 GB. Since the drive head only has to scan over 25% of the drive, you cut down significantly on load times and in past since fragmentation has less of an effect. Well, it's actually less than 25% of the arc normally used, but let's not get into that.

I have my windows install on an SSD and I have all of my games on the HDD. All of my games load up pretty fast. I'm not sure if the HDD uses SATA II or III, and I don't know off the top of my head what the cache size is.
  7. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

SSD for the win, I'm always in first in team games :)
  8. Goffe

Goffe IncGamers Member

same here. even when im second to enter a portal im usually the first one to move after load.
    only time i feel game lagg is when my computer is overheated (laptop).
  9. Steven Hazani

So for all the people also using a fast drive, confirm/deny: Are Leoric's Manor and Stonefort lag spots as well even with it?
  10. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Not on my laptop. The only well known lag place (but it's FPS) is Rakkis crossing.
  11. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Not since I got my SSD.
  12. Goffe

Goffe IncGamers Member

Have no lag spots that i experience. long time since i ran rakkis though. I dont know if this matters but i reduced graphics settings and set my FPS max to 30, mainly due to overheating last couple of weeks when we had 36 degrees outside (and inside).
  13. Steven Hazani

I have every graphics setting at the minimum. It was at 60 frames though, I fixed it. The manor didn't lag me this time. A few other areas spiked me, but non fatally. Let me tell you though, you don't want to fight 3 elites + lag in VotA at once. 4k life was going down like a bad sex joke.

I know what caused this lag spike though, me playing on a foreign server. Normally it's under 200, but when it'd spike to double normal on the us it's tolerable, double 180ish gets nasty.

I am really digging this passive.