Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats the Best Clawsin Build?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Holy Dude, Aug 27, 2013. | Replies: 4 | Views: 2892

1. Holy Dude

Holy Dude IncGamers Member

I want to make a clawsin, but I first want to answer these questions:

-what's the best charge-up skill for claws?
    -should I use dragon claw or something else?
    -are kicksins better in terms of PvM and bosses?

2. mackscynox

mackscynox IncGamers Member

depends on your claws and damage type

- tigerstrike+dragontail gives huge physical+fire damage, TS uses main claw for charging
    - phoenix strike build gives nice elemental work, mostly finished with dragon claw, PS uses main claw for charging
    - claws of thunder or blade of ice can also be used as elemental damage build, dual claw has faster chargeup advantage because attacks twice so chargeup twice. dragon claw is a nice finisher

- dragon flight is used for tele purposes,
    - kicking is for mostly against single opponents or bosses (to trigger CrushingBlow, ctc etc ...)
    - dragontail is most useful with tigerstrike and unfortunately has no effect to PI mobs

- venom always helps

- kicksins are better? depends with what other build you are comparing and how you define "fun".

the skills you want to use and the damage type you want to deal defines your claws and synergies actually. also kicking sets your boots to an elite (upped gore rider or shadowdancer mostly) as you would want max damage from your boots.

3. Holy Dude

So which one is better for PvM and which is better for PvP? Unless one of them is better for both?

4. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

I have limited experience with claw-based assassins, but I really think it's not the case that claws are outright better or worse than kicks for PvM. They're different. Dragon Talon provides one of the fastest attacks in the game, but it is a single-target attack and doesn't work with certain things (Deadly Strike, +Maximum or +Minimum Damage, and other things). Dragon Talon is definitely a good boss killer and I can confidently say that if you build a kicker and have the right equipment, you'll be impressed with the sheer speed and power of kicks. That doesn't mean claws are strictly inferior. For example, a claw-based build using Phoenix Strike can deal massive elemental damage and has damage coverage over a wide area, something kicks aren't really great for.

5. Holy Dude

Alright, thanks very much. I'll take that into consideration =)