Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

What's Known about PVP so Far

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by Elly, Jan 12, 2013. | Replies: 6 | Views: 1385

1. Elly

Elly Administrator

• Church
    • Graveyard
    • River
    • Lake

• Dueling currently supports up to four players in a Free-For-All format, which means players can battle their friends either one-on-one, three-player FFA, or a full four-player FFA
    • If a player dies in the dueling world, they will be resurrected in the dueling zone
    • Death is not permanent in the dueling zone, even for Hardcore characters
    • There is no durability damage to items while in the dueling zone
    • When dueling is over players take a portal out or use a Town Portal to return to town

The game doesn’t keep score and there are no objectives. The system is very simplified and there is no match up service, scoring or ladder system. It is not known if there will be any achievements awarded or what balance changes will be made to skills.
  2. insats

insats IncGamers Member

What bothers me the most is that it won't be easy finding players to duel. Even D2 had a half-assed way to do it (joining games called duel, duell, duel1, duel2 etc.). I play D3 for two reasons: Because I played D2 and loved it, and because I love PvP. The dueling system, as it seems right now, will be very difficult to use. It almost seems as if they added it just because the promised it, but that they really really didn't want to - so they made it too basic and too bad.
  3. Hartside

Hartside IncGamers Member

we will just have to add each other and use forums but i know what you mean :-(
  4. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

So now Mike has to get to work finally.
  5. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

Not yet actually, perhaps things will change once the patch hits the realms. I'm with insats here, they have a lot of work to do if PvP is to work. I kinda miss D2 bnet despite its various shortcomings. And D2 pubs despide all the griefing, hacking and the rest. I've had plenty of fun in D2 that, for now at least, doesn't seem possible in d3.
  6. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Looks Fun fun fun
  7. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

We should be able to test just how fun it is tomorrow when "brawling' hits the servers along with other 1.07 changes. Given how communication with other players is completely inferior of that in D2 I'm already somewhat dissapointed by the system, before it even launches :)

well, at least we will be able to brawl against friends...and it will be no-holds-barred...

I hope I'm wrong and it will be fun though.