Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats good bow dmg/mods?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by XAndrewX, Nov 6, 2007. | Replies: 44 | Views: 26197

1. XAndrewX

XAndrewX IncGamers Member

Whats good bow dmg/mods?

Give a good example of a gg bow.

Obviously IAS but whats good dmg and other mods.
  2. SOLEboy

SOLEboy IncGamers Member

1xx dmg goth bow i believe

also i think it depends on where you are at. i think eur has highest max dmg for things currently, then east.

this is only my current observation, as im trying to obtain a high dmg naga or bham on west and they are all about 10-20 dmg weaker than on other realms.
  3. Lorg

Lorg IncGamers Member

Nice gothics start from 140 dmg onwards. With 20 ias on them. Other mods are not necessary, but obviously fire dmg, resistances and + skills are a bonus and -req. Knockback is gg mod 4 a bow, since its needed 4 pvp and if you have it on a bow it allowes you to use much nicer helm than Holw tusk.

Runebows need 20 ias, 100+ dmg on them and Doublebows 20 ias and 8x dmg to be nice enough to make an nm dueler bowzon. -req not so good, since you will usually need str to wear howl tusk and need to pump str to 63 anyway (rune needs 73 str so some help to it). Razor bows are nice but low str req not helping much -> need sigs gloves anyway.

Lower dmg bows work too, but when im trading a bow i look for those kinds of stats. These are on ladder. On non-ladder there are plenty of better bows on market.
  4. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

Here's one I managed to dig up from zaxien's posts:

Blood Bolt

The Bow is in the middle along with some other Bowazon gear. I love the name! :thumbsup:

- Akukami
  5. zaxien

zaxien IncGamers Member

hey I remember that bow!

80+damage 20ias fire damage double bow > that though =(
  6. Zodijackyl

Zodijackyl IncGamers Member

I remember that bow too, and the amulet. Found the amulet and got the bow in a trade.

Gothic bows without IAS work, any other bow without IAS will not work. 0IAS Rune Bow = 20IAS Gothic Bow, and the only advantage of a Rune Bow is the speed. 20IAS 100+dmg is good for a Rune Bow, 20IAS 140+ is good for a Gothic Bow. Bowazons are hardly worth playing on classic anymore, especially for PvP.
  7. Lorg

Lorg IncGamers Member

Pvp bowzon is fun in nm... (Until you are prizoned by bonemancers). Just wondering about Gothics without ias working thought. To reach 10 frames one would have to equip sigs gloves boots or helm, wrap and twich. Just like when taking advantage of 8 frames with double/razor. Both suffer from the fact that you cant use deaths belt when striving for these frames. Therefore you are bound to be drinking thaws quite a lot, which is annoying. Main targets for my bowa in nm duels are sorcs... 8 frames is fast enough to make sorcs reel (most sorcs in nm). Maybe 10 frames with high dmg gothic puts sorcs out faster, since most 60 lv sorcs dont have much life?

Just thinking, that would it be better for me to change my 101 dmg 20 ias rune (fire and poison dmg mods, clean) to a 156 dmg -30 req no ias gothic which i would have to sock to get fire dmg on it?

Still looking for that 8x dmg 20 ias double.... Offer sojs :thumbsup: !

-Lorg
  8. CdMagicFind

CdMagicFind IncGamers Member

Newb question I'm guessing, but why do bows have to have fire damage?
  9. squiggle

squiggle IncGamers Member

Stuns.

IIRC
  10. BobCox

BobCox IncGamers Member

Depends on what you are, lvl etc.
    Here is a Good Game bow I still have from a long ago a classic conversion on west (added a socket and name when converted) that I put on every new bow user I start at level 29
    http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/3644/screenshot016un0.jpg
    They always seem to have the stats to use it even at that level and Ranger Pal etc. ;-)
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  11. CdMagicFind

CdMagicFind IncGamers Member

You converted that? The bows can get better on LoD though. . _ ..

And, oh, is that a property of only fire damage?

12. squiggle

squiggle IncGamers Member

Lmao.

Z_z, Converted -.-

13. Lorg

Lorg IncGamers Member

Well that would be kicky bow on ladder even without shael rune. Very nice.

If i remember correctly my rune is 39 lv req and gothic is 48. Anyway, i usually tend to level amas to 51 lv (or more) since all nice rings have atleast 51 lv req on them. But with that kind of bow i sure would make a low lv pvp zon.

And i would take the 156 dmg -30 req bow over my 101 20 ias rune if it had 20 ias, but it does not and therefore i'm not sure which is better in nm duels. Maybe the rune, since i can get 180 cold res (28,27 min dex rings, 15 deaths, 45/43 cold light dual stack amu with min dmg, 37 boots, 30 helm) combined with thaws and cannot be frozen its enough in nm duels and since its resonably fast its possible to go 1 frame slower to beef up res with 10 ias 15 dex 30 cold 29 light gloves. In extreme cases slap on 30 res belt too. All are in my stash with the zon, but havent actually used them yet. Normally nm duel games are full of bonemancers and speeders so cant concentrate on individual sorcs.

The gothic is not mine so im thinking of trading it if it works without ias. Might trade it anyway cause i somewhat collect bows. It would be nice for a strafer if not for pvp.

-Lorg
  14. Lorg

Lorg IncGamers Member

15. Zodijackyl

16. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

I wonder what is impressive for you then, probably you had better gear? If so, please list it.

140 res rings dont count.
  17. mjzaconet

mjzaconet IncGamers Member

fight! fiight! fight! fight!..hehehe
  18. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

I can fill in for this one. An impressive Bowazon Ring would be the following:

9 Min Dmg and/or 4 Max Dmg 1xx AR 1x Dex and/or Str 2x CR/FR/LR (any combination of 2 or 3 Resists)

This is the extent of my knowledge as far as I know with regard to Ladder drops. And as for those "140 Res Rings" you mentioned, I wouldn't be surpirsed to find out a Priz Ring with the mods I listed exists from way back when.

And yes, he did have better gear. Don't get annoyed; I've personally seen the extent of his wealth on NL, and it is beyond what you can fathom. Additionally, I can tell you right now that I've seen better Rings for a Bowa spawn on Ladder, and the ones that Lorg showed don't even come close to them.

- Akukami

19. Zodijackyl

Oh Snap!

As for my min rings, here's a few legits:
    BvB Rings
    9min 116ar 11str 15dex 5lr (1.10b NL)
    9min 89ar 11str 15dex 19lr (1.11 LS3)
    BvA Rings (from Ladder Season 3)
    8min 107ar 4ll 13dex 28cr 12lr
    9min 40ar 11str 5dex 39cr
    Assorted Rings (I don't even use these)