Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Whats a godly psn nova dmg to achieve too?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by MountainBikerMan, Apr 6, 2012. | Replies: 4 | Views: 4436

1. MountainBikerMan

MountainBikerMan IncGamers Member

Whats a godly psn nova dmg to achieve too?

Gonna be making a pure rusher/pvm psn nova necromancer. What psn dmg should I be shooting for? 15k?

Gear:
    D/W- +2/48-50%psn
    Bramble- 48-50%psn
    Trangs gloves
    Arachs
    Eth Treks
    5/5die faceted shako( or if I get lucky, +2/20%fcr/str/dex/resists/2 open socket diadem).
    +3 Darkforce Spawn 5/5die faceted.
    Ravenfrost
    SoJ
    CtA/Lidless on switch
    5-7 PnB GCs with fhr and life
    5%resist all scs and some fr/w scs.

Im pulling out all the stops for this build. base str/base dex/all vit/base energy.

Merc will be act2 defiance with doom ca, eth andys, eth fort. Hows this build sound so far?
    Or Act1 merc with Ice bow and eth andys/ eth fort.
  2. magicrectangle

magicrectangle IncGamers Member

Re: Whats a godly psn nova dmg to achieve too?

Hitting 15k is quite easy with bramble. If you use enigma instead (frankly, brambles increased damage doesn't make up for losing teleport, teleport is huge for poison nova build, moreso than other necro builds) 15k is about the tippy top of what you can do.
  3. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

stack -resist. It has the hidden secondary effect of increasing duration of poison, per %, and is lethal in hell PvP.

Example: 10K/2sec base nova with -100% effectively becomes 20k/4sec, and 40K/4sec if you can lower the enemies resistance to -100%.

This is why you should use the trang oul's shield +glove + 1 more item, either the belt or helm, for maximum damage.
  4. magicrectangle

magicrectangle IncGamers Member

Belt for CBF and 66 life is clearly superior. The only thing the helm really offers is 25% FHR, circlets can easily top that.

5. Jman5

Jman5 IncGamers Member

Just know that whatever damage the screen says you're doing with poison nova, it's lying. You're doing way more. Especially with facets and Lower Resist.

I played one a few months ago and absolutely rolled the game with a 29% bramble and just a handful of skiller charms. If you have enough facets, you often don't even have to bother casting lower resist. The biggest problem I had once I replaced the full trang set was my resists. I would suggest looking into some good triple-resist boots. It will give you more freedom with your helmet and amulet choice.

Poison nova is seriously underestimated if you have the gear.