Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What works with exploding arrow?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Wambat, Oct 24, 2011. | Replies: 4 | Views: 714

1. Wambat

Wambat IncGamers Member

What works with exploding arrow?

I like exploding arrow because it hits automatically, like a spell, but is it applied like a spell, or like a ranged attack? What works with the automatic area hit of EA?

- CB?
    - OW?
    - Physical damage?
    - Damage from charms?
    - Poison?
    - Life/Mana Leech?
    - Procs that require a hit?
    - If I equip Brand will BS always proc because I always hit? Will it proc for every mob hit with one explosion?

Anything else I should know about EA?
  2. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Re: What works with exploding arrow?

IIRC just fire damage. If the arrow hits, the target that got hit with the arrow will potentially get inflicted with CB, OW, pierce, etc. Regardless of whether the arrow hits or not though, the exploding arrow causes splash fire damage which carries all sources of +fire damage (items, charms, skills like Holy Fire, etc.).

That's how I remembered it.
  3. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

AFAIK all off the above is right.

One thing to know: What makes exploding and freezing arrow great is that if they pierce enemies close to one another, a single monster can be hit two or three times. But for piercing to occur you need the arrow to also physically hit, so not just pierce% is important there.
  4. Wambat

Wambat IncGamers Member

I read that when in werebear form your equipped ranged weapon will be used as a melee weapon with, otherwise, the same attributes. Does this mean that a zon can use ranged attack skills like exploding arrow or magic arrow as melee attacks when using Beast, or that a Druid could use EA from a unique bow to apply FC damage twice?
  5. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

no. only armageddon and summon spells can be cast while in wereform. the only attacks that can be used other than plain attack while in shifted form are in the shape shift tab on a druid.