Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What was your first successful character?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dazliare, Mar 28, 2013. | Replies: 17 | Views: 883

1. Dazliare

Dazliare IncGamers Member

Hey guys!

I was talking about this with my brother, because his two characters (firezon/fanazealot) are both pretty much completely stuck. His amazon can't do nm ancients, and his pally is having trouble with physical immunes like wraiths etc. Normally, phys immunes are dealt with by reapers, but he can't find reapers without getting further. Now, most people I think start with a dual tree sorc to find the gear to make other builds work. So I ask the spf, what was your first matriarch/patriarch?
  2. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Excluding battlenet rushing, My first pat was a fanazealot in 1.07.
    Uhh, don't try that.

In 1.13, my first mat was a ranged enchantress <3.

Now in HC, my first mat was a blizz sorc which was rushed to norm eldritch and I did the rest from there. Didn't guardian until about 93 because the char was used in the Pre-D3 MFO.
  3. kstuart

kstuart IncGamers Member

My only pat to date was a freezealot meaning cold immune ghosts were a bugger to kill.....

The next will be a meteorb i would guess unless i move the concentrate IK barby faster.
  4. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

First mat/pat was some random useless frenzy barb.

First guardian (and much more interesting) was a bone/explosionmancer. Great safety, CC and damage without being too gear dependent.
  5. srrw

srrw IncGamers Member

First Matriarch - Orb/CL Sorceress
    First Guardian - Blizzard/Firewall Sorceress
  6. Torquil

Torquil IncGamers Member

First was boring old hammerdin, worked but played a little awkward. Fishymancer has to be safest but SC i would prob go with blizzballer for MF efficiency and solo play.
  7. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Frozen Orb + Fire Wall Sorcie in 1.09.
  8. khuzgan

khuzgan IncGamers Member

Didn't play solo until 1.10, but did lots of online play before that. First solo char I think was a FO-sorc bypassing all immunes, but first one I really remember due to intense and fun gameplay was a frost zealot.
  9. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

First successful was a fury wolf. I was given all his gear by a RL friend when I first started on Bnet. Before that I used the guide in the battle chest to make a "Tank bear" that didn't work for crap! Also a summon necro that did alright, but didn't make it all the way through NM.

I believe my first SP Guardian was one of these. I had by then played a bunch of characters to guardian on bnet, but I'm not sure which of them was my first.
  10. RobbyD

RobbyD IncGamers Member

Tell your buddy that a point in sanctuary will deal with the PI undeads. My first pat was a 1.09 Frenzy Barb I played when I first started posting here.
  11. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Blizzard sorceress best choice ~
  12. VThief

VThief IncGamers Member

Way back in the day, in 1.03 I'm struggling to remember if my bowzon beat hell D (no act 5) or whether it was only ever nm. I remember she had a few points in every bow skill and I would just switch between ice arrow, immo arrow, strafe and multi as I went along, depending on what I felt like for the area.

Started playing (nearly) solely online on and off for several years after that, where Mat/Pats etc are obviously no big deal.

First ever SP guardian would have been decently later and was probably a 1.09 orb/TS sorc.
  13. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Pure blizz has always been my go to "restart" character ever since 1.10.
  14. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

First character that beat hell and farmed basic gear was Blizzard Sorc. But first character I call successful was not her, but my old crappy LK lightning sorc. She farmed tons of stuff and some of most valuable runewords.
  15. Maltatai

Maltatai IncGamers Member

My first patriarch, and only, was a summoning necromancer with skeletons and mages. I never used him to do runs for other characters though. Same with guardians, since the puny attempts at twinking I once did bored me into never wanting to do it again. My first guardian was a paladin cleric, whose guardian thread was my first post on this forum.
  16. Hector

Hector IncGamers Member

My first Matriarch was a pure physical bowazon. A strong Valkyrie is very helpful specially if you have bad gear.
  17. Korlic

Korlic IncGamers Member

I think it was a summoner/Bone Spirit Necro. It was when XP just came out so I used revives, slow but effective.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  18. Excalibur

Excalibur IncGamers Member

After plenty ruined characters I though I had the experience to build a good one. Back on the 1.07 patch I made a Frozen Orb / Meteor Sorcy. She was quite good and was killing monsters on hell with ease.

However, I still lacked a lot of knowledge as that sorcy had 235 strength! When I upgraded to 1.10, this sorcy was simply unplayable. She simply couldn't counter monsters anymore. I kept her through YEARS just because I had a bond with her. She was also carrying some nice items and I didn't want to loose them.

After some time I discovered Atma (damn, how happy I was) and I left her naked. She was still my highest level character but nothing could be done to save her situation.

And Boom! Patch 1.13 was released. I had a chance to fix her by reseting her and thus it was done. I fixed her and right now she is a 93 level Sorcry!

Come to think I kept her from 2005(!) just for no reason and now she has became one of my best characters!