Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Build] What should I upgrade? What MP level can I safely farm?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by London, Jul 1, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 5136

1. London

London IncGamers Member

Hey everyone, I started playing again a few days ago and throw some money into my Barb. So far I am playing through the game again just enjoying it, grinding out Paragon levels. I was playing on MP3 last night in Act 1 and doing fine, although a few rare/elite packs did get me dangerously low where I had to use a potion. I really have no gear that gives me life steal, life on hit, or anything like that. What should I add to give me that? Which is preferred? Life Steal %? Life on Hit? Should I get more life in general. Would getting a Mempo be better than my Andariel's?

So, the questions I'd like answered:

-Which MP level can I safely be farming now based on my current gear?
    -Which piece is my weakest and should be upgraded first?
    -Should I have more DPS?
    -Should I have more life?
    -If I do get a Mempo, what should I socket it with?
    -Should I get Life on Hit or Life Steal %? If so, on what piece of gear?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Air-1997/hero/3450065

Thanks!
  2. JEB90

JEB90 IncGamers Member

At your dps, life steal is definitely the way to go. If you can get to ~6% you will hardly ever die at any mp. I'd drop Animosity Immediately and pick up Bloodthirst. This alone will let you switch to higher mp levels (at least 8), which will mean you never have fury problems again. After that, I'd try to get life steal on either your main or off hand weapon (both would be great, but seriously expensive). If that proves too expensive in the short term, switch to an IK belt. Once you get leech on a weapon, switch your belt to a witching hour.

You also want 24% movement speed, so pick up either inna's pants or lacuni prowlers. I'm personally a fan of Inna's pants with crafted bracers. You should also start crafting shoulders and gloves (and ammys) as you have essences and funds available. I wouldn't buy a mempo unless you can afford one with crit. If you can't, an IK helm and chest make a good combo.

Finally, I'm not a huge fan of Echoing Furies, especially without a socket. If you are determined to use it, you almost have to get a cold soj to avoid pulling your hair out.
  3. London

London IncGamers Member

I will look into Inna's as well as Lacunis. Should I drop any gear/weapons that lowers my DPS? If I am going to be doing MP8, what kind of DPS should I be pulling to make it viable in terms of speed?

Also, what types of gloves, shoulders and amulets should I be crafting (what patterns?) How much does it typically cost to craft one of those?
  4. JEB90

JEB90 IncGamers Member

As a rule, dps is the best measure of progress. That said, you want to have as much crit chance as you can come up with and enough attack speed to hit certain breakpoints (search for the sssdrawr calculator for more info), so sometimes dps isn't everything. Obviously, you need some armor, res, and life. Your end goal ought to be somewhere around 8k armor, 800 res all, 50k life. Your current dps should be fine for mp 8 as long as you keep wrath up.

For crafting, use the strength plans. Some people like to craft vitality shoulders, but--as I only play my barb--I don't like the prospects of getting a great shoulder for a monk that I can't trade. Crafting will, in all likelihood, cost you millions. I made over 300 gloves before I hit a trifecta. I haven't made a good ammy yet (although I'm only in for about 100 of those). On the other hand, I got decent bracers in around 25 crafts and shoulders in less than 50.
  5. London

London IncGamers Member

Thanks. What plans do I want to be using to craft these bracers, shoulders and amulets?
  6. JEB90

JEB90 IncGamers Member

Strength plans
  7. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia IncGamers Member

Imo, you should get vitality plans for shoulders, since they can roll a higher combination of str + vit. If I was you, I wouldn't even bother crafting amulets to replace yours, since the odds are too low. Put that at the bottom of your list.

Since you'll be crafting vit shoulders, you'll be able to drop vit on your gloves (you can drop CD if you spent the budget). Get 9 IAS on them. Then, get 9 Ias on Lacunis or WH (I would go with higher crit, 9 Ias, less strengh lacunis for same DPS). At 34 IAS you will move to the next tornado breakpoint, which make it a lot better and will improve your kill speed.

If if you decide to use HotA someday and don't hate the fear proc., it would be better use a ruby on it instead of an emerald to put both weapons at the same dps, since Hota alternates hits from both hands.

I know you didn't asked it, but don't use war cry... :) If you want to do some reading:

Info about IAS and breakpoints: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037344497
    Barbarian info: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7591980848
  8. JEB90

JEB90 IncGamers Member

Like I said above, unless you play other classes, I'd stick with strength shoulders. Rolling a tremendous shoulder for a monk is pretty frustrating. I would also be very reluctant to put a ruby in the off hand. You would seriously gimp your tornadoes.