Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What should i change to increase my MP level when farming?

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by InteNuIgen, Feb 27, 2013. | Replies: 9 | Views: 3871

1. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

Running selffound, my hero looks like this:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Majo666-2473/hero/18986033

I use archon build and have so far aimed for as high dps as possible.
    I am comfortably farming MP0-1. Reflect packs start to hurt at MP2.

I have 3376 health globe healing bonus, 1272 life per kill and a life regen of only 155/sec.

I want to be able to farm MP4 or maybe 5. I realize that i need to give up some dps for:

- Life steal (right now i have 0)
    - More HP
    - More all res (currently about 250 - 300)

When looking for these new stats in items i find, what should i aim for?
    I imagine:

- 5% Life steal
    - 60k HP
    - 500 all res

Is that enough? What would you recommend? Any other stat that i should aim for?
  2. OsyncO

OsyncO IncGamers Member

3. Jaetch

Jaetch IncGamers Member

As Archon you need life steal. If not on a weapon, then with Blood Magic. Life steal, even if it decreases your DPS, is absolutely worth it. A dead wizard does 0 DPS. I'd prefer to take 10-15 seconds longer to kill an elite pack than spend 30 seconds walking back from the entrance of the dungeon.

You don't need a life steal weapon if you tack on armor and resistance. 250-300 is way, way, way too low. Shoot for at least 500 unbuffed. As for HP, you can definitely get by with 35-40K HP. As for life steal itself, you don't need more than 2.5% from a weapon. At that point, you don't even need to use Blood Magic, though it helps tremendously.
  4. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

I've sacrificed 26k dps right after the patch to get a skorn with LL.
    I never used LL before but now I can't live without it. Constant blizzard + frostbeam keeps me healthy even if I stand in 2 stacks of desecrator in MP4.

If you are too poor or unlucky to afford a good 1h black weapon with LL, you should invest 10mill into a Skorn.
  5. OsyncO

OsyncO IncGamers Member

10 mill is a good amount for someone that is poor? I don't even have 5 mill yet.

What is a black weapon?
  6. InteNuIgen

Thanks for the input guys. Getting a weapon with LL is priority, but life regen and more all res also.

RazeBarb: I run selffound and don't use the AH. I have found a total of four Skorn's, all without LL.
  7. NightCraweler

NightCraweler IncGamers Member

A black weapon is a weapon with no elemental damage
    Will apear
    +x min damage
    +y max damage

Also "black damage" is a reference to the background color of the weapon(fire has red, poison is green,ect)
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  8. NightCraweler

NightCraweler IncGamers Member

I meant to say this before, but anyway. I agree that life steal is amazing for archon as well as other spells. Since you play self found maybe you should try crafting wands when you find a good source. Maybe even until you find one.
  9. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

I run mp4 with a blizzard build and hardly ever die, thanks to lifesteal and my overall setup. Take a look at my profile, I'll explain what's so special about it:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Flexy-2748/hero/2210535

1)The most important thing is lifesteal. I think that's rule #1 for every build if you want to have a fun and non-frustrating experience.

2)I use Ray of Frost & Blizzard almost exclusively. I have 0 AP on crit, yet I hardly ever run out of AP. Why? Because I counter this problem with Astral Presence and Storm Armor/Power of the Storm rune. It's face-freezingly effective. RoF is used on elites only. Blizzard deals with the trashmobs.

3)Should I really run out of AP, I just use Spectral Blade/Healing Blades for some time. Spectral Blade is very powerful. Sometimes you encounter pesky elites which like to get close, so I just stand there and finish them with the blades while having no fear of dying.

I've tested this build on mp4 against the archon build I used before the patch, and blizzard is faster. You just run by groups of enemies and drop your blizzard. You don't stop and wait until they're dead. They'll die anyway. Just make sure to take a quick look at the map now and then because sometimes you'll run past legendaries with this build.
  10. InteNuIgen

I guess life steal is crucial. Being self-found, i'll guess i find one when i find one :/

Blood magic is not enough really