Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What makes you have a break from Diablo 2?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Nov 23, 2012. | Replies: 31 | Views: 1851

1. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

It would seem that most (although I imagine Fabian never has a break, how can he with that berserker sat waiting for him, or Cyrax with his 99er sept to complete) people take a break from D2 every now and then. I'm wondering, what do you do when you have these breaks?

For me, it's usually when another game comes out (happened with D3, Skyrim, TL2 and Dark Souls) and I play through that, and then just come straight back to Diablo 2. I never take a break for the sake of taking a break, it's always caused by something else.
  2. EmperorMoo

EmperorMoo IncGamers Member

Deeds.

And RL. But mainly deeds.
  3. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Women!! Its always something to do with a woman when I stop playing...
  4. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Computers dying!

Or maybe when I run out of character ideas I'll take some time off.
  5. EmperorMoo

EmperorMoo IncGamers Member

Your mum turns off your computer and tells you to "get some fresh air", doesn't she?
  6. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Not my mom but same difference right..
  7. Mungojerry

Mungojerry IncGamers Member

Deeds can really take the wind out of ones D2 flow. I'll spend a half year just reading the forums, gathering inspiration and lust for itamz, then get right back on it, usually after summer fun times are over.
  8. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

I realized the inherent brokeness of everything in the game, and the only way I can play is if I fix those things, but then I realize the even greater effort required to fix all the things, so I just don't do any of it.

I also realized that it's a huge timevampire that I can do without. Because there's a lot of work to do, more great books to read, and even just other video games that I haven't ever tried out because I was stuck sitting in front of Diablo 2's build puzzle.

Despite the heap of things keeping me away, I'll break all of them if one of my friends ever asked me to run with them through the game. Multiplayer is great enough to make me forget all about the previous things, for a little while. :)
  9. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

This. The last few times I restarted was to play with a friend.
  10. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Its hard to say, I've played off and on I don't know how many times, all of the times before this though I played on the realms, and only played SC, but this recent time I never really stopped, I just kind of transitioned into the SP HC community. I'm actually starting to go back into decline though, I can't seem to get myself to play right now unless I'm MPing with some of the other forumites, I haven't done a magic find run in about 3 weeks outside of multiplayer. I think its just the business of life really. Played in my highschool days, went to college (activity dropped), settled into a house (activity picked back up), leaving me at my current state, getting ready to start a family and just really busy times at work has pretty much dried up my extra time.
  11. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

"although I imagine Fabian never has a break,"

I'm basically retired from this game, and have been for a long time. I played in the summer MFO, I did some goldfind record attempts for a couple days, and I've made sporadic efforts at leveling in 1.07, but that's pretty much it for the last 6 months. I would guess I play less than all active posters on this forum.
  12. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

minus the spammers like kegs, right?

I was under the impression you just had fun with MFOs and stuff.
  13. corax

corax IncGamers Member

kit kat's

kit kat's make me have breaks
  14. KoalaBear

KoalaBear IncGamers Member

Mat/Pat an untwinked char :)
  15. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

But, what do you do? :scratchhead:

I can't imagine not having Diablo 2^^
  16. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

Pretty much the only times i have a break from D2 is from getting burned out on it (and sporadicly a new game). Then i go about playing other games, only to realise that while they have a fun element, they lack the replay-factor that D2 has. So usually i'm back within 2 weeks.

With that 99 project i can't afford to take many breaks anyway :wink:.
  17. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

Not finding anything in a long series of runs. Deeds. Simple burnout after a period with a lot of playing. Procrastinating on some level grinding.

I really play in periods. RL business also plays a role. Atm I've gotten a bit into pit running again but I don't do a lot outside of HC MP. I've been looking for runes forever but still haven't found anything, and that's starting to bug me.
  18. Eardianm

Eardianm IncGamers Member

Burn out, aches in arm/shoulder from playing too much, and other games. But then again, I never played anywhere near the stretches most here have. 3 multi month stints in as many years, but doing sp this last time I'm more likely to come back during lulls in other games.
  19. Jason Maher

Jason Maher IncGamers Member

When I get bored of my current projects. Hasn't happened recently due to MP. Don't know why I never got into it sooner when there was a much larger pool of players.
  20. NorthDakota

NorthDakota IncGamers Member

I take breaks when I know I need an item for a build that will take a long time to farm. I just can't pick up the game and start going after that one item. The work is too much for my brain to bear at that point. Once I get started on it though I'm back in, until the next item...

I dunno. When I started I needed lots of charms/items so every drop was encouraging. Now it's like.... I dunno I hardly need anything so there are very few exciting moments for me anymore - the moments that are exciting are few and far between but they are REALLY exciting. I dunno. Starting fresh sounds like fun but it's so arbitrary.