Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What kind of Sorceress would The Oculus work best with?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Holy Dude, Nov 8, 2013. | Replies: 12 | Views: 4605

1. Holy Dude

Holy Dude IncGamers Member

It doesn't seem focused towards a specific element.
  2. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

That's because it isn't focused toward a specific element. Congratulations, you figured it out! Useful for leveling through Nightmare until a sorceress is ready to equip a real endgame weapon.
  3. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Oculus is actually endgame. The downside to using it, and is why people tend to swap it out for Hoto or sometimes Eschutas, is because of the "chance to cast teleport lvl 1 when struck".

Which is very annoying sometimes.

The strongest part of Oculus is the stats/skills ofc, but more importantly the 50% mf it comes with.
    That makes me always use Oculus on my mfers.
  4. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

Ah, I've usually just gone for the Tal-Rasha's set (and therefore its orb), although I was also thinking of Death's Fathom and HotO. Yeah, the Teleport proc is a big part of that. And I remembered other people doing likewise and eventually ditching The Oculus for HotO. But yeah, it's still a good weapon.
  5. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

An item build specifically for mf, only uses Tal Amu+Armor+Belt. The rest of the set is actually worse than shako/oculus etc, regarding mf.
  6. uglyfred

uglyfred IncGamers Member

That's somewhat debatable, imho. Tal's full set offers such a balance of nice benefits that it can free up other slots/charms to focus more on MF or speed. For example, without Tal's you might "need" MF/triple-res boots, but with Tal's you might have a better chance to go with WarTrav's instead.

As for the question in the thread's title, my answer would be "a sorceress that doesn't get hit often."
  7. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

I rarely have more than 10-20 in all resistances with my mf sorcs. But I agree with you!
  8. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

I don't actually have any dedicated MF characters, but I've dabbled in it, and that's similar to the approach I took. I guess for all-out MF, I might be willing to skimp out on resistances instead. Not sure.

The best answer so far. The Oculus has some great features, but requires certain elements of gameplay to be a really great choice for a sorceress.
  9. Whitering

Whitering IncGamers Member

Occy adds a certain degree of suspense into a class that otherwise (depending on the build) is a little too safe.
  10. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

The correct answer is any Sorc in SC.
  11. danc133

danc133 IncGamers Member

I have had fun with orb/nova/TS. Always keep Shiver armor up so anything that attacks you {successful or not} gets hit. I ran with a barb merc using lawbringer, duress, Arreats Face. I had one point in fire mastery and enchanted the merc with a demon limb. On switch I had a wand with life tap charges. I socketed his helm with a poison jewel. The decrep triggers alot and the sanctuary aura lets him leech off of undead. It rocks and is fun to play and with TS and nova you never sweat the occasional teleport. The other key is having enough damage on your nova to be able to put critters into Hit Recovery. Don't forget to use static a couple clicks before nova to make it easier to put them in HR.

You can easily run anywhere in the game with it and don't need the highest end gear to be successful. The combo of CI/LI doesn't pop up often enough to pose a problem and the merc can handle them or you can skip them. He also won't kill himself with IM and with this setup OW triggers regularly to keep the regeneration down.

I hope this helps.

First round is on me! :guiness: :wine:

D!
  12. Zoi

Zoi IncGamers Member

Any other than a hardcoar Sorc'.
  13. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

I saw your post and was about to agree with you when I noticed I already posted... lol