Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

What killed this game for you?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by Garaganga, Jun 27, 2012. | Replies: 221 | Views: 18467

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garaganga

Garaganga Banned

What killed this game for you?

For me:

• No end game
    • Weak Legendary items
    • Level cap 60
    • Poor chat-channels
    • No game name
    • Weak itemization
    • Bad story, and how it lead you
    • Bad motivation to play with others in Public games ( For example in D2 You had more drop rate per person, and more exp per person )
    • Monsters in inferno should have more hp and less dps like in d2, it encourage You to farm items not for surviving all time, but instead, for faster killing->loot
    • Bad randomization of map / I know exactly where is my target from quest
    • Claustrophobic environment / spaces are too closed
    • Bad loot from random Events and Random Unique Bosses / No worth killing
    • Bad drop rate
    • Bad design of “pit†levels, and bad drop / there should be at least random pit in act 1 and 2 with mobs 63 and ilvl63 (Like in d2, I could farm End-Gear in Mausoleum and Pit in Act I, because monsters have 85lvl)
    • Closed Acts
    • Silly Azmodan
    • Same ares / For example Kull and random ruin in act 2 / pit in act 1, 2, 3 look the same, only color is different
    • No PvP
    • No World Event / I mean Diablo-clone or something like that
    • No charms
    • No runes to fill
    • Bad class balance, and bad skill design “weak skillsâ€/ Example: Wiz->Tornado, WD->Big-Frog
    • Enrage = Gear check

I'm playing only for $, but it's boring and slowly I 'm sick of it.
    DII is simple game, they should copy what stuck players for decade...
  2. spruzz

spruzz IncGamers Member

Bla bla bla. Stop playing if no likey
  3. Barry White

Barry White IncGamers Member

Nothing, i love it. Other than all the constant moaning on every Diablo forum from the vocal minority.
  4. greenflubber

greenflubber IncGamers Member

Really good reasons you gathered there. The game bored me since i reached inferno Act 4. I mean there is no diversity in builds/items/Skills. Only Random generated Items with probability weigted Attributes and Values. The quantity of Items are small, the influence over your Attributes and Skills is locked, only via Armor/Weapon. At the end its the search for +x more value then your previous items. No challange, poorly created and on the Hype from his previous Succsess.
  5. BellaStrega

BellaStrega IncGamers Member

Nothing killed it for me, but I did take a break before 1.03. I' still taking a break because of Mass Effect 3 stuff like MP and the Extended Cut.
  6. Accaris

Accaris IncGamers Member

The challenge and time versus reward disparity are killing it for me. I want to be able to slaughter whole rooms of demons in two shots like my Sorceress did in Diablo 2. Kiting packs for 5 minutes just doesn't do it for me; it feels more like WoW boss design than classic Diablo gameplay.

That and the utter lack of testing or tuning that continues to this day. If it takes me an hour and a half to kill 15 packs in Act 3, but only ten minutes to kill 15 packs in Act 1, why should I ever do Act 3? Sure, the drop rate is 4x higher, but it takes 9x longer and it's more tedious/less fun. So what's the point? Blizzard should have taken a good hard look at the actual numbers, the time spent/number of packs killed/drop rates. But they didn't. They just fiddled with what they think "felt" right without thinking about the consequences.
  7. sicilian

sicilian IncGamers Member

I got a new job and a new gf on the same day. Since then, no time to play :(

Beyond that, nothing. The game is still extremely fun and satisfying to me.
  8. AlexanderBarin

AlexanderBarin Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

The whiners.

No, wait, they only killed the forums.

/ignorelist.
  9. OrionAryan

OrionAryan IncGamers Member

I agree with a lot of those points.

The main question to blizzard... "If you have a best selling pc game for 10 years that still has a huge fan base, and your going to make a sequel... why in the hell would you remove the majority of what made the previous game so great ***."

We had upgradable tiered items
    Runewords
    Gems
    Transmuting
    Werebear, wearwolf, curses
    etc.. etc

So many aspects of a best selling game that where scrapped, leaving us with a piece of sh

How hard would it have been for Cain to throw in one line of dialogue saying

"Oh yes, and here young warrior. Take this cube! If is a magical device that I've held onto from my previous journeys and explorations in sanctuary. It can help you transmute powerful magical items or unlock hidden secrets"

then boom, we have transmuting. They could at least allow us to throw in certain gems when crafting in order to attain possible attributes or magic properties that are desired.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  10. Garaganga

Garaganga Banned

Oh Come on. *AlexanderBarin
    I see You everywhere at forum posting “/ignorelist. â€.

This is Forum, and we have Freedom of Speech, everyone can write what like or not. We don't have to fight each-other, because some one have different feeling or statement about. I don't have to agree with something, but okay It's Your Point of view, and I respect that.

11. Spuzzy

Spuzzy IncGamers Member

Jay Wilson
    Wyatt Cheng
    Bobby Kotick
    Last but not least
    Bashiok
  12. ael

ael IncGamers Member

What do you mean no game name.

Afaik it has a name and it's called.. Diablo ? o_O
  13. mr punk

mr punk IncGamers Member

why not? blizz already had their money before game dropped. blizz could put out a beta and they would buy it at full game price and they did. lulz.

14. WD pimpin summons

WD pimpin summons IncGamers Member

No pet class in this game. I was expecting a skeleton army but got zombies that get one-shotted, and fetishes that run around doing nothing with a 2 minute CD.
  15. Snakefinger

Snakefinger IncGamers Member

Look, this game isn't perfect -- but it isn't nearly as good as it should have been (from launch, at least). I have fun with the game, but it hasn't drawn me in like I'd hope it would. But maybe that's a good thing, if I only play 10 hours a week it will make this game last a LOT longer for me. MY biggest issue with the game is the bad items, you're fooling yourself if you think the item system is fine -- they went too conservative with items this time around, making nearly all items homogenous without any redeeming qualities for 99% of legendaries and set items. This is stuff that can be fixed, but as far as gameplay and presentation is concerned -- Diablo 3 did an EXCELLENT job.
  16. Karamo

Karamo IncGamers Member

AlexanderBarin is young, don't mind him :p No one else does xD

One point that killed D3 more than anything?

Level 60 cap...
  17. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Freedom of speech only protects you from restrictions by the state. This forum is no constitutional state, so freedom of speech doesn't protect people from mods who ban them for writing too many naughty things. See forum rule #10. People are free to say them elsewhere, however :p.

18. Snakefinger

Snakefinger IncGamers Member

Every time somebody brings up freedom of speech, I can't help but hear in my head "This is Amuricah, here we have rights and a constitution. If you don't like it you can geeeeeeet out!"

19. AlexanderBarin

AlexanderBarin Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Any consideration to giving the D3 haters a separate forum for complaints only and keep the general open for actual constructive discussion and new ideas, rather than repetitive back and forths?

20. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

so many drama queens on these forums now

nothing killed this game, you are all still playing and/or talking about it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.