Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What items do I need for a M'avina (Cold) Zon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Holy Dude, Oct 5, 2013. | Replies: 14 | Views: 3957

1. Holy Dude

Holy Dude IncGamers Member

I'm making a character for each set (Trang Necro, Tal Sorc, etc.) and I wanna know what other items my M'avina Zon will need.
  2. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

Uh, there are over 30 different items sets, and only a small portion of them are at all desirable for playing in Hell difficulty. Do you really want to make a character based around Isenhart's Armory?

For M'avina's Battle Hymn, only the boots and jewelry slots are free. I'd use the amulet to get 20% IAS, probably The Cat's Eye. My first inclination for rings would be a Raven Frost and a dual-leech rare (or crafted) ring. For boots, well, I don't think it matters all that much. I guess probably either rare boots for resistances or Sandstorm Trek for generally good stuff.
  3. Holy Dude

Thanks. And sorry, I probably didn't word my sentence properly. I meant like Griswolds, Tao Rasha's, Trang Oul's, and Immortal King. Not the other sets, just the elite class sets.
  4. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

How I would do it:

Immortal King Barbarian - Whirlwinder or Concentrate.

Tal Rasha Sorceress - MeteOrb.

Trang Oul Necromancer - Poison Nova. (Summoner works naked, so I wont recommend it!)

Mavina Amazon - Freezing Arrow +2nd Skill.

Griswolds Paladin - Zealer? I think any build except for the cast builds will work..

Natalyas Assassin - Ive done all kinds of builds around this one, and the hybrid Trap/MA build is my favorite.

Aldurs Druid - The worst of the character specific sets.. And I dont have an opinion for you. Just wanted to mention that so you wouldnt think I forgot it

Peace and love
  5. Holy Dude

Duuuude... Thanks a lot. You answered like half of my life's questions. Major blessings to you
  6. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Just my opinions.. But you are most welcome! :thumbup:
  7. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

You can probably make an elemental druid of sorts using aldur's, but I'll admit i've never made an elemental druid or used full aldur's.

vengeance will probably work with gris. i can't remember the dmg range but if you stuff it w/ min/max dmg jools it should help
  8. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

Go for tri elemental on the tal's sorc, great fun.
    Also, griswold's just begs to be used by a foh pally.
  9. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

Yeah, my tri-element sorc eventually went full Tal-Rasha's. Not the fastest killer, but she was still fun.

Really? I'll have to look into that. I have a FoH paladin that's still too low in level for elite items, and I'm not too attached to any items for him, although I'm going to want to use some Rainbow Facet jewels, which the set could definitely work in...
  10. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Viable and most effective for each set:

IK - Whirlwind

Tals - Any dual tree or tri tree sorc, it works best when you use more than one tree due to the bonuses on the orb.

Trangs - Poison Nova, the psn damage boost on the gloves and the - res on the shield give it that extra boost

Mavs - Freezing Arrow due to cold damage boost, I like strafe personally but others have had success with magic arrow.

Griz - I've done a zealer, and a FOH pally. If its the FOH pally, stick as many facets as you can into it. Zealer works fine too, but a fanac zealer is going to be lower in damage then you will probably like to deal with. The elemental auras work great here again due to use of facets if you choose to do that.

Nats - Phoenix Strik sin, not much else suits the weapon, and the boots aren't the right type to do big kick damage.

Aldurs druid - Elemental (windy) would work, but fireclaws seems to be a favorite since the weapon is such low damage.
  11. Holy Dude

I always wondered why people used Gris for FoH. It always seemed like a melee build to me
  12. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

It has up to 12 sockets. That means up to 12 Rainbow Facet jewels, assuming one can actually find that many.
  13. Holy Dude

If I can't afford it, is there a cheaper alternative?
  14. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

An alternative to build a FoH paladin or to use the Griswold's set?
  15. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

<3 FoH
    They can work w/o facets, too, but because of conviction facets would help a lot for breakable things. Alternatively you could stuff it with min dmg joolz for an avenger?
    There's no replacement for a FoHer! (but for gris I've heard that avengers are good because you can work on a min dmg build with all the jool opportunities)