Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What items are you picking up?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by BaronScarpia, Dec 3, 2012. | Replies: 17 | Views: 1447

1. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia IncGamers Member

(I want to play the game, but I can't... :weep:So, let's create a thread.)

I'm doing some runs when I can, but doing to my schedule going nutz with meetings poping-up like D3 junk rares, I'm unable to play much this week, hence, I'm not participating on MFO.

Speaking about junk rares... What you guys are picking up?

Right now, I'm still picking up every gem and rare item I see. I end up vendoring everything - or almost everything.

I'm seriously considering not to pick up rare shields (or even stormshields...) and follower special items. What do you think?

What is a good shield nowadays (is it possible to find a decent rare shield that sells)? Will pvp-ers use shields?

Rare items are just garbage on your way while you do MFO runs/Alkaizer runs for XP/key runs/etc.?

(PS: And by "what", I'm almost sure I mean "which"... Or something like the right word... :whistling:)
  2. Pijus

Pijus IncGamers Member

I pick up all rares, potions gems and tomes of secrets. I'm considering leaving shields on the ground though. Haven't seen a good one in forever.
  3. lukin

lukin IncGamers Member

I stopped picking up Shields except Sacred Shields and most two handed weapons and hand crossbows and follower specials. The rest I pick up though.
  4. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Most of the time I only pick up:

All gloves
    Rings
    Amulets
    Hellion crossbows
    Rubies/emeralds
    Health portions if I'm low

I pick up the crossbows because a rare is BiS for my DH. Gloves because they are BiS for everyone but barbs.

If I get bored I'll start picking up other stiff like 63 1 handers, pants, bracers, belts, shoulders.
  5. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

level 63 rares as i'm farming MP0, plus all rings and amulets
  6. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie IncGamers Member

At the moment I'm still picking up every blue and above, but after some successes on the AH have increased the speed of my solo runs significantly, I may have to change this. Another factor is that gold is finally no longer an object after I sold an ammy for 8.5M, whereas previously I was a victim of low play time/bad luck with drops for a very long time. I may change my rule to yellow and above. I should time myself, but I've never been a big fan of min-maxing any Diablo game, or even being efficient for that matter. It's just naturally fun for me. Except lag deaths.
  7. Crunchy II

Crunchy II IncGamers Member

Before patch 1.05 I used to pick up everything. The prices of crafting materials dropped dramatically after 1.05 so I stopped picking up blues and gems etc. Lately I've been only picking up ilvl 61+ but it's a bit tedious working out what to pick up so I might go more along the lines of what kestegs picks up. Rubies/emeralds eh? I guess they are worth it!
  8. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

I pick up everything that's not a white or gray item. Tomes, gems, potions, blues, etc. It wouldn't be Diablo without it. Almost all of it gets vendored, but as shameful as it is, I sometimes replace a crappy rare with a good blue -- though it gets replaced by another rare soon thereafter. (Yay, self-found!) That, and I've yet to find a rare mojo better than my 90-350 damage, +120 int one for my WD.
  9. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Currently in US AH:

Emerald: 5800
    Ruby: 1500
    Amethyst/Topaz: 500

The Emeralds are really worth picking up and the Rubies are reasonable.
  10. Crunchy II

Crunchy II IncGamers Member

Just for reference, on EU Emerald is 8567, average last day of trades, Ruby 1038 and Amethyst/Topaz 300. I'm picking up those Emeralds! :thumbup:
  11. DZJB

DZJB IncGamers Member

At this moment I'm picking up all rares, tomes and gems. Never blues anymore, and occasionally potions if/when I'm starting to run out.

I play self found, so gold really is limited. You don't get enough gold (selling rares + drops), even at Paragon 30 to upgrade all gems to Star. Let alone mixing that in with some item crafting. But now that the gold piles that drop are sometimes 2k+ I'm contemplating picking up ilvl 62+ rares only. The fact that I can run more instead of IDing and selling rares will probably make up for it. Especially now that I've gotten some nice rares and legendaries, 99%+ of the rares get vendored anyways.
  12. InsaneAction

InsaneAction IncGamers Member

Everything when I'm in MP1 or higher. If I'm doing speed runs in MP0 I'll only pick up the ilvl 63 stuff and Legendaries...
  13. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

Blue and above. Im sf
  14. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia IncGamers Member

Thanks everyone, for sharing!

Emerald prices are so high that I'm starting to be afraid, since I don't have the last plan yet... I plan to reach paragon lvl 100 while mf-ing, so picking up emeralds will def. be part of the process.

I forgot to mention the not-crossbow, not-skorn 2-handers. I hate them. I'm ok with no set items found so far (they really hate me) or weird/bad legendaries, but every single yellow monk staff makes me very, very sad...
  15. InsaneAction

InsaneAction IncGamers Member

Yellow Monk staff with Spirit regen and good DPS is always nice... If it has a Socket with LS great... That is one Item I pick up at any ilvl because I need one with Spirit regen/high DPS for my Tempest rush build...
  16. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

I've been doing alkaizer runs for XP. On these runs, I pickup all rares, gems, and tomes.

Previously, while doing mf/key runs on mp3, I was picking up blues as well to salvage/vendor.
  17. Nagafen

Nagafen IncGamers Member

Any ilvl 63 rare, including the crappy ones like warlord sword. I just can't bring myself to leaving unidentified 63s on the floor. I also grab all rings and amulets, of course, as well as any gloves. I take 61+ mighty belts, helmets, chest armors and boots as well. 61+ of the following weapon types: axes, maces, swords, daggers, mighty weapons, ceremonial knives, fist weapons. Any other type of weapon I only take if it's 63.

My rule of thumb is to take any 61+ weapon of a type I'd use on my barb or WD (and I'm collecting gear for a monk), and any 61+ armor for slots where I don't have a legendary that outstrips any possible rare, i.e Lacuni's or Inna's pants. These will gradually get crossed out -- I used to pick up all 61+ belts, for instance, until I found a Witching Hour which is better than any rare can be for my WD. If I ever find an IK belt, I'll probably stop picking up rare mighty belts.
  18. scottee

scottee IncGamers Member

Everything yellow, tomes, and all gems. I'd say I'm picking up orange drops, but I'm not getting any of those :(