Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is this word?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by BigLebowski, Feb 23, 2006. | Replies: 5 | Views: 451

1. BigLebowski

BigLebowski IncGamers Member

What is this word?

What does it mean to roll an item, or to reroll an item? I keep reading that people are doing this and I don't know what it means.

2. chono123

chono123 IncGamers Member

u can reroll charms and stuff to try and get a better stats or diff mods one. but only try charms with hell baal droped ones. recipe is in bnet site.

3. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

GCs from Hell Diablo and Nihlathak can also spawn with the same high life mods as the Baal ones, so give those a try if you can't handle the trip to Baal.

Edit-recipe is 3 PGems+magical item=same item with different mods. Since charms are magical, this formula applies to them.

4. BigLebowski

BigLebowski IncGamers Member

How?

But what does it mean to roll or reroll an item? How do you do it?

5. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

You take a magical item (blue). Toss it in the cube along with 3 PGems (any type). Press transmute and now the mods on your item is different. It's as if you found that same item again and re-identified it. This is known as "rerolling".

6. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

The verb "To Roll" can also be used to describe the stats achieved on a runeword. For example, the runeword "Heart of the Oak" can "roll" with the modifier 30-40% resist all. Therefore, one could say, "I rolled a 34% HotO."

To "Re-Roll" generally refers to the act of "reapplying modifiers." With cheaper runewords, such as Spirit, for which the container is far more expensive (Four Socketed Monarchs) than the runes (Tal Thul Ort Amn). Therefore, one could say (just info: Spirit can "roll" with 25-35% Faster Cast Rate) "Oh man, I just rolled a 32% Spirit, but I wanted a 35% one. I'm going to "reroll" it by removing the runes (via the Horadric Cube recipe Hel + Gem'd item) and putting in new runes.

Via "rerolling" you can get good items (in the case of "rerolling" Grand Charms, the Baal GC is the expensive part, though it can come with bad modifiers. Therefore, one should "reroll" it to get better modifiers, such as high +life Skill GC's).