Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What is "Key of Terror"

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by KadoorieNuts, Jan 25, 2006. | Replies: 6 | Views: 78994

1. KadoorieNuts

KadoorieNuts IncGamers Member

What is "Key of Terror"

I found a key in Act one (Hell) - "key of Terror" which occupies two slot and no color no stat on it - doesn;t seem like a weapon of some kind. Can any one tell me what is that for - some secret mission to open??:scratch:
  2. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

Do a search for uber tristram, you'll likely find a ton of threads.

But to cut it short, there're 3 keys (terror from countess, hate from summoner - act 2 arcane sanctuary and destruction from nihlathak)

Put 1 of each in the cube in act 5 and you'll open a portal to 1 of 3 areas which contains either a duriel/andariel (lillith)/izual clone. Each of these will drop a body part, get all 3 body parts, cube those in act 5 and you'll open a portal to tristram, there you'll meet mephisto, baal and diablo. Kill the 3 and a hellfire torch will drop (and standard of heroes)
  3. KadoorieNuts

KadoorieNuts IncGamers Member

Tx a lot! seems like lot of work ahead!! By the way; what is the reward for accomplishing this mission???
  4. kilo

kilo IncGamers Member

The reward is a Hellfire Torch. It grives +3 to a random chalss (barb, asn, ama, etc) , 10-20 all res, 10-20 all attributes, and some minor mods. It is a very useful item. If you need a hand with em once you gather all of the keys, there are many people on these forums, including my self, who would help you with them for free.
  5. Manpipe

Manpipe IncGamers Member

Re: What is "Key of Terror"

I just did the quest for the first time. It Was easier than I thought it would be for the past few years. Built a smiter with last wish and dracs for the life tap sources. I didn't have an exile so I went with the usual. It did just fine. I just need to learn how to trade them now. And yeah, I'm all proud of myself, So I'll go get them for free also. takes about 30 minutes I guess. my merc died twice and I once in the matron's lair or w/e, A bunch of archers and those harpy things all had fanatical aura on while I was yawning or something. I wouldn't go into this quest, however, without call to arms and spirit. I've been reading up on the quest since I began farming keys with a MF hammerdin (use nature's peace ring for Nihlithak keygrind, slain monsters rest in peace ), so if anyone has Q's, give me a hoot.

~MP

p.s., it was a D16/17 :(
  6. did

did IncGamers Member

I have the three keys, i can not make it work in single player, or in open battle net. Can some one help, pls
  7. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

It works on closed battle net.

Also, this thread is ancient ><