Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

What is a proper D3 console Witch Doctor build that co-ops with a Monk or Barb?

Discussion in 'Witch Doctor' started by LonghornRob, Oct 23, 2013. | Replies: 2 | Views: 9286

1. LonghornRob

LonghornRob IncGamers Member

My roommate and I are finally putting down Borderlands 2 and we've decided the next co-op game to play will be D3 on the 360. I only played D3 on the PC for about a month when it first came out, so I did not have any build plan for the Witch Doctor I built then. Now, my roommate wants to play with either the Barbarian or the Monk. He has never played the game and does not have a specific build in mind except to smash things in the face. I want to be a Witch Doctor, and I want to be the best co-op friendly WD that I can be. So with that, which direction should I go? AoE? Curses? Summoner?
  2. Rankil

Rankil IncGamers Member

Witch Doctor:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hcUdjQ!cTY!acZcYb

Monk:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#afSXYk!UXb!aZcbca

The main skill synergy you want... cloud of bats on the WD with pickup range gear (only need about 7-15) while your monk buddy sucks everything in around you with cyclone. You use locust swarm to aggro everybody around you as well.

Just about every other skill/passive can be adjusted to fit what you have. But go for a big fat 2h weapon on the WD with life steal if you can.
  3. chockett

chockett IncGamers Member

With a Monk or a Barb, you'll most likely want to become more of a ranged fighter, so skills like Acid Rain, Grasp of the Dead would work well. I would use the Plague Bats Rune for your Firebats so that you can use them at longer ranges, not a big fan of the bears personally. Big Bad Voodoo is a must for buffing damage for bosses/elite packs.