Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

What happened to the "expert economist" blizzard hired?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by Giantpegasus, Jul 2, 2013. | Replies: 0 | Views: 2577

1. Giantpegasus

Giantpegasus IncGamers Member

Remember back around patch .04 or .03 where they announced they hired an economist to help with the games economy? Well they did and he was supposed to be pretty smart, yet things never got better and only got worse. It's a simple supply and demand problem.

I mean botting and Buying gold from 3rd parties couldn't be easier to spot and the obvious problem w the economy is that supply of items and gold for that matter far out weigh the demand. Also every patch changes the economy yet somehow caused the same issues. Crafting was a great addition (the .08 crafting I mean) but that just led to even more oversupply because people don't really buy gloves/Amy's/bracers/etc so all that's in the ah are 100m of 10 items.

I know blizzard gets supply and demand, but they pretend not to because they need the bottors to keep this game running and constantly updating. Just more example of blizzard saying one thing while doing another. They say they wish they never made the rmah but that's not true, the rmah supported console game development as well as the patches.

Im not sure what the solution is, but I'm still having fun playing and that's what matters to me and then ill move on. I don't think blizzard can afford to give us what we want and continuously update and support the PC version of this game. I'm sure this economist was a consultant they hired for show.