Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

What build would do well with this club

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by chabols, Jan 2, 2013. | Replies: 12 | Views: 752

1. chabols

chabols IncGamers Member

I just recently started playing D2 again and I am still pretty poor no skulders no shako but I just got quite possablaly the best rare of my D2 life.

Now what would be a good build for this that i could make hell viable on a short budget?
  2. Dazliare

Dazliare IncGamers Member

I think you'll have better luck just using a build that doesn't really need excellent gear. Check out the mat/pat sticky for some ideas, but I think the most popular starter builds are fishymancer, dual element sorc, or some of the barbarian builds. Personally, I started with a frenzy barb, but got stuck in hell, so I went to a meteorb. It took awhile to mat her, but it got me going gear wise.

If you really want to use that club, then maybe a fanat zealer? Without some leech, it'll be incredibly difficult though.
  3. chabols

chabols IncGamers Member

OK I think a fanat zealer it is seeing as how I just got a HoZ and a BK and Raven Frost
    Code:
    Herald of Zakarum
    Gilded Shield
    Defense: 469
    Chance to Block:  72%
    Smite Damage: 20 to 28
    Durability: 39 of 50
    (Paladin Only)
    Required Strength: 89
    Required Level: 42
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 87
    Fingerprint: 0x4916aad7
    +20 to Strength
    +20 to Vitality
    +178% Enhanced Defense
    +30% Increased Chance of Blocking
    All Resistances +50
    +2 to Paladin Skill Levels
    30% Faster Block Rate
    20% Bonus to Attack Rating
    +2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
    Ring
    Required Level: 58
    Item Level: 87
    Fingerprint: 0x822d3bc8
    +50 to Maximum Stamina
    4% Life stolen per hit
    +1 to All Skill Levels
    +0 to Life (Based on Character Level)

Raven Frost
    Ring
    Required Level: 45
    Item Level: 59
    Fingerprint: 0xa298fad3
    +18 to Dexterity
    +40 to Mana
    +247 to Attack Rating
    Adds 15-45 cold damage over 4 seconds
    20% Cold Absorb
    Cannot Be Frozen

can you point me to a fant build that might incorporate holy shock for phy immune's
  4. Dazliare

Nice roll on the Ravenfrost :)

I don't think the build you're looking for really exists. There just aren't enough skill points. Personally, I have two zealots, one fanat/2her, one tesladin (holy shock + prereqs, but Crescent Moon is basically a must).

If you want an elemental paladin, I would side with an avenger. Basically conviction + lots of elemental damage. Try this
  5. chabols

chabols IncGamers Member

Yeah that sounds like fun but do you think the weapon I found will be fast enough avengers need a fast weapon even if i put a shael in it it might be too slow
  6. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

There are definitely enough skill points. You don't need many points in Zeal itself, and you don't absolutely need to synergize it with Sacrifice. You also don't need many points in Holy Shield.

I think something like this could work out:

1 + X sacrifice, more points here for more Zeal damage after auras maxed
    5 Zeal, only to get 5 hits

1 might
    1 holy fire
    1 holy freeze
    20 holy shock
    1 blessed aim
    1 concentration
    20 fanaticism

20 resist lightning

1 smite
    1 charge
    1 holy bolt
    1 blessed hammer
    X Holy Shield, optional
  7. Dazliare

That could work, although I'd be hesitant to try it. It's like a cross between a tesladin and a fanazealot, both of which are great builds but I don't think you'll have enough physical OR elemental damage to be effective. Zeal/sacrifice/fanat gives enough physical damage to let leech keep you alive, while Crescent Moon/holy shock/resist lightning/Infinity gives enough elemental damage to melt anything not LI. I just don't think a hybrid would have what it needs to be effective. Reaper's on your merc makes the fanazealot much stronger, but the tesladin won't be nearly as effective without infinity. In my opinion, the sum of the parts is not as effective as going completely one way or the other. I think I would just drop fanat and go full tesladin before I tried the hybrid thing.

You could just use reapers on your merc for phys immunes, although you may not have that yet.

OP - If you find a Lem, make Treachery. That with a shael'd weapon should give you plenty of IAS for now, and the ctc L15 Fade gives 60@res :D

My honest advice though; I wouldn't bother. that club is okay, but I don't think it's worth making a build around it when a meteorb or fishymancer is so much more effective starting out. If you're set on using it, then a paladin is definitely the way to go, as frenzy barbs are tough without good gear.
  8. chabols

chabols IncGamers Member

well I already have a meteorb that can farm mephy (thats how I have found what I have) but I need something to play with between farming secession. and it would be nice if he could do some 0 MF runs for stuff to sockable items or plain clean items.
  9. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

@Daz - I strongly disagree that the hybrid won't be effective. A tesladin really doesn't need Infinity, either. Tesladin was one of the first builds I made in 1.12 when I was starting out, and it completely shredded Normal and Nightmare. In Hell, I ended up using my weapon switch with points in Fanaticism to help with lightning immunes. Sure, when I got them, Crescent Moon was nice, as were Drac's, but some crafted blood gloves should work nicely until you can get better gear. I even did some slow NM Meph runs with the Tesladin. He had nothing to fear from dolls with Holy Shield.

If the OP uses Fanaticism as the primary aura, he won't need Treachery's ias.

The way I see it, the hybrid build is really good with low-end gear since it provides skill-based solutions to most game situations. You won't absolutely destroy /players 8 Hell, but I don't think that's what the OP was after quite yet. It's perfectly viable to quest through the game with, and that club could be a nice weapon for it.
  10. Dazliare

Sunset -

No worries! I've never actually played one, so I was just speculating. I'm glad someone could provide a more solid experience with it. My only experience is with my tesladin with infinity/crescent moon hahaha. In that case, I amend my original statement and say go for it!
  11. chabols

chabols IncGamers Member

woot I am on fire tonight leveling up my new pally and he found a gull from on of the Tristram runs
    Code:
    Gull
    Dagger
    One-Hand Damage: 2 to 19
    Durability: 12 of 16
    Required Level: 4
    Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
    Item Level: 8
    Fingerprint: 0x7860ca
    -5 to Mana
    +1 to Minimum Damage