Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What are your impressions of 1.0.7?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Ivan E, Feb 13, 2013. | Replies: 71 | Views: 7608

1. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Just figured I'd get this thread rolling as one would come about inevitably.

I played for about one run.

Stuff I really like:

-New crafting recipes give me more content to run with a purpose
    -New crafting recipes provide good avenues for upgrading my self-found gear

Stuff I like but wish was done better:

-Why did they make demonic essence a drop rate? It should've been a guaranteed drop, but with X of them required to craft a given item. RNG is less fun than accumulating pieces towards a set goal, IMO. On top of the demonic essence drop RNG, you still rely on the recipe drop RNG and the actual item roll RNG anyway, so they may as well have made this an accumulating resource rather than a randomly-obtained one.
    -Reflect damage seems like a joke now, whereas before, when I cranked the MP up, it was the most dangerous affix
    -It's a little disappointing that there's still no "remove story" mode, if only because there's no way to hit multiple recipe-dropping bosses/etc. in an act in a quick run. Ideally, for efficiency, you'd be able to hit a recipe-warden and a key-warden in one run, but this limits the recipe-wardens you can hit. But, same old same old.

Stuff I was underwhelmed by:

-The MP XP boost seemed off to me. My highest character is plevel15, which is relative chump change for some of you. I was running on MP4, and one run filled only about three bars (no Hellfire Ring). I'm sure it works out mathematically, and I don't care much anyway, but basically it feels like this change wasn't even enacted. Maybe my (for now) lower p-level characters will feel a greater difference.

What do you guys think?

Patch key feature analysis and full notes:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-patch-1-07-analysis-and-full-notes
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2013
  2. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

did I just join a public game with MP 2 ?

awesome !

other than that,
    bored already

played my lightning wiz
    had a nice random group, did Act 3
    found a oculus ring 3 minutes in (not even close to an improvement), found 5 demonic essence

did part of Act 1 solo (find the sword onward)

monk gotta a lot of love this patch, but the monk and DH are the only classes that I never got past lvl 12,
    so I won't be trying any new monk stuff out
    really don't feel like leveling one

god, I wish arena PvP was here
  3. Speedster

Speedster IncGamers Member

Only played a couple of hours with my wizard, but I think 1.07 is excellent. I actually joined a public game in MP3 and it was fast and fun. When we finished act 3, we ran right into act 4 with five stacks of NV. Experience gain was very good -- I'm at lvl 80 so the xp boost is noticeable.

And, I actually used blizzard for the first time since 1.03, with spectral blades and frost nova, and it actually damaged monsters. Long overdue, and it felt like I was chilling things and helping out the party.

Haven't tried crafting yet, although I found a new razorspikes recipe and 12 demon essences, so might have a go.

I'm looking forward to the weekend to explore more, craft a bit and recalibrate my skills -- more options now than in 1.06 and earlier.
  4. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

PRAISE RAPTOR JESUS!
    I'm glad to hear that. RD was the only thing that held me back and I don't want to spend gold to counter it.

Can't wait to make some new high-level friends on public mp games!
  5. PearlJamaholic

PearlJamaholic IncGamers Member

I just did one key run Act3 and finished off Fat Crab last night. All on MP0 since im not geared that well, 3 demonic essence and 2 rare plans, for some exalted shield or something and one of the amethyst upgrades, i definitely noticed the 400% increase there. I guess from now on ill end key runs taking out the act boss.
  6. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Note that the act bosses DO NOT drop the new crafting recipes -- only the sub-bosses do.
  7. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

I have tried a few keep 1+2+3 runs on MP1, ending with Ghom.
    Got a spaulders plan of dex from him on 1st try. 5 DE so far.

In my last run, a plan (archon gauntlets of dex) dropped of some trash mob.
    So keep your eyes on these yellow drops!
  8. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

I love the public MP setting. Also found a new crafting recipie, so I'm enjoying crafting a few amulets at the end of each session.
  9. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

Where are the monk buffs.

Where is new content?
  10. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

I was curious to know why the population display has been removed from the final build.
  11. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

I like it. My first run was an MP3 act 3 clear (stone front back to base, keeps 1- 3 and Ghom, everything leading up to and including Seige Breaker, then finished at the tower lvl 2). took me about a 1/2 hour and I got about 28mil xp, along with 3 legendaries (seeing the little star show up on the mini-map is pretty neat!), a key, a few plans, and a hand full of D. essences. The XP boost is pretty noticeable. Since I can clear MP3 pretty easily, I like being able to finally take advantage of the MF boost without sacrificing XP. I agree that reflect is much easier to deal with now.

I found a Masquise emerald plan and had to check the AH prices. Last day of sales "107,xxx,xxx" & last 10 sales "7,xxx,xxx". Anyone understand the reasoning behind the HUGE gap? I priced it at 100m to see what happens :fingers crossed:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  12. InteNuIgen

Blizzard says 201 - 230 is the range for the fixed stat on the new archon gear.
    I just rolled 254 int on my spaulders :)
  13. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Did you roll another affix that could've had a +int roll?

I think the first chest I rolled has like 288 int but it's clearly spread across some other roll.
  14. PearlJamaholic

PearlJamaholic IncGamers Member

I so overlooked that, i guess spider-whore it is then.
  15. InteNuIgen

What do you mean by that?

This is another one i crafted:

[​IMG]
  16. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Basically, there are literal affixes that something can roll. Some of those affixes are +int, others are +int/+vit, +int/+str, +int/+dex.

An item can't roll the +int affix twice, but it CAN roll both the +int affix and the +int/+vit affix, for example. In this case, you would only see the item read +int and +vit, but the +int figure would be the sum of the "int-only" affix and the int value of the "int/vit" affix. On the item you linked, you have the base +int affix, and what I would guess is a +dex/+int and a +str/+dex affix. So your 5 affixes are: poison res, life reg, MF, int/dex, str/dex. But those mainstat affixes could be any combination since the ranges within them are so large that it's hard to tell.
  17. InteNuIgen

Thanks for clearing that up, i did not know that :)
  18. psyadam

psyadam IncGamers Member

I'm really hating the new crafting for amulet, etc. It makes it so that all tradeable items on the auction house are now worthless. :( Ruins the game and basically is game-breaking.
  19. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

This is turning out to be my favorite patch yet. Looking at the patch notes, it's easy to say, "So what?" But for me, the Demonic Essence crafting has been a great boon to the overall farming experience. Though I farm pretty efficiently and get my share of drops, there are always going to be dry spells, and with the Essences being a fairly common drop and offering the small chance of perhaps crafting a GG item, it helps to fill the gaps and sort of smooth out the experience.

I also love the buffs to Monk skills since he's become my favorite class of late. Especially the improved Exploding Palm, in large packs, it just destroys.

So yeah, lots of good here. I'm happy.
  20. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

I'm incredibly annoyed at the demonic essence drop rates, because Flux is running around posting how plentiful they are on the main page.

Playing on MP4/MP5, I've gotten ONE across two nights of playing. I've gotten more legendaries than demonic essences since 1.0.7 hit (and actually one usable one, yay!).

I'm really excited to be crafting some this stuff though -- my one DE has transformed into a pretty pimp chest piece (~300 int, 70ish all res, 3 sockets).