Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

What are the Best PvM Builds for Classic?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Holy Dude, Oct 19, 2013. | Replies: 8 | Views: 4753

1. Holy Dude

Holy Dude IncGamers Member

Thanks for your answer in advance.
  2. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

In the end, that depends on what your preferred playing style is.

For many people, the Hammerdin works well, if you are using v1.10 or later.
    Other good builds are
    WW Barb
    Orb/Tele Sorc
    Both of those may have some issues with immune monsters, so it depends on where you want to PvM.

Good luck.
  3. Holy Dude

Say I were to do Chaos Runs the rest if my life?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
  4. WarlockCC

On the latest version, Oblivion Knights do not cast Iron Maiden anymore, so you will not WW yourself to death.
    This makes both a Hammerdin and WW barb very viable in CS, if you have to go at it alone.
    You could also go for a Orber/Blizz or with static and Nova(lightning, not frost) as backup, but this can get tedious, since about a third of CS is usually Cold immune.
    You may even be able to work with a Zealer or a Smiter if you avoid getting swarmed and you bring some bleed+elemental damage to finish Physical Immunes(IIRC Physical immune enemies will still bleed if you do at least 1 point of elemental damage to them. Note that I did not test this in the latest version.).

My personal favorite is a holy bolter/healer, but that one works best in party play. An awesome addition to any party, if played right and the party knows what it's doing.
    If you do not have a party, you'd have to use smite and bleed to wrap up enemies. This can also get a bit boring if the enemies have stone-skin or a similar life-extending modifier.
    I suppose if you where to focus your bolts on damage, you could have enough skillpoints left to max Smite and get a bit of Fana.
  5. Holy Dude

Ok I've decided this:

WW Barb
    Hammerdin
    Blizzard Sorc
    Lightning Javazon
    Summon Necro

Anyone have any comments or suggest changes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. WarlockCC

I'd like to note that going into CS alone while playing a lightning zon will be challenging yourself to say the least.
    About a third of CS is lightning immune and it happens to be the annoying ones which sap your mana(which is already difficult to get with a lightning zon in hell).
  7. Holy Dude

Wouldn't your Valkyrie be able to take them out?
  8. WarlockCC

You would have to make the Valk pretty buff, costing you at least twenty-something skillpoints. So that would work, but at the cost of reduced lightning damage output.
    Be sure to get yourself some mana after kill items. +1 or +2 can mean the difference between 2 fury bolts and you're out of mana and being able to cut it. :)
    It can be found on rings, I think +1 or +2 to mana after kill and there's that sorc/necro shield with +5, the deathspade axe is quite useless for a Furyzon since it's an axe, but it also has +3 IIRC.
  9. IsThisNamePermanent

IsThisNamePermanent IncGamers Member

Blessed hammer + Concentration paladin for the raw power of roaming anywhere.

Whirlwhind + Find Item barbarian if you like to get multiple chances at getting loot.

Sorceress is the fastest mode of transportation with teleport.

I prefer level 20 static, level 20 frozen orb sorceress. Max static gives you 16+ yards radius to reduce health by 20% each cast, works on act bosses too so it's an amazing skill. dodge some attacks in a room full of beasts static them down to nearly nothing and lob a few orbs around to finish the job.

Leaves you open to use other elements if you want, static is lightning based and frozen orb is cold so it's already 2 elements hybrid. Contemplated using hydra for the 3rd fire element but in hell everything is fire immune, could dump the extra points into teleport for little mana use then the rest into cold synergies to make orb stronger in case of light immune.

I had a level 32 max static frozen orb sorceress that I could solo mf in a hell room containing 8 players, no battle orders buff on her as well. It's a very impressive build and fun at the same time.